Pulp Fortress forum archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We need some soldier help right here

3 posters

Go down

We need some soldier help right here Empty We need some soldier help right here

Post by hyce777 2/9/2010, 18:49

So I want to, as afro would put it, "Get good."

I did okay in the scrimteam pug that we had before I had to leave. Made some stupid decisions, so I figure some experience will hammer that crap out.

So who wants to mentor me?
hyce777
hyce777
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

We need some soldier help right here Empty Re: We need some soldier help right here

Post by Lord Zurkov 4/9/2010, 00:11

I'm resisting an intense urge to offer my services. Then again, I wouldn't really know where to start, it'd be a lot of work, and I'm pretty rusty... so I'll let someone else do it.

In the meantime, I'll give you some training tips. Personally, I got good by playing Pyro with the Flare Gun. The Flare Gun is the ideal projectile weapon to learn prediction with because it's only a backup weapon (you still have the flamethrower to fall back upon if you really need it). A Soldier-specific tip would be to aim at where their feet should be when your rocket reaches them (once you get used to it, you'll tend to aim there naturally).
Lord Zurkov
Lord Zurkov
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

We need some soldier help right here Empty Re: We need some soldier help right here

Post by hyce777 4/9/2010, 00:47

Well I should have mentioned advanced. I know that, I know to aim a little behind them as well (thanks greezy). Thank you for responding at least. Not sure how the flaregun will help because you have to predict differently. (Different flight paths, speed, etc.)
hyce777
hyce777
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Greezy 4/9/2010, 02:18

In all seriousness, to warm up for playing soldier, I like to play scout in crowded games. Heightens your reflexes.

Play ammomod on the AG community server. Play lots of endif. It's all about airshots but it helps with basically everything, and yes, you will get rocked by everybody for a while.

Play some lobbies with other good soldiers.

Ask for mentoring on CommFT.

There are many things you can do if you really want to get good.
Young Greezy
Young Greezy
Scrim Team Captain
Scrim Team Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down