Pulp Fortress forum archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Balisong Flipping

5 posters

Go down

Balisong Flipping Empty Balisong Flipping

Post by dumbasscus 7/9/2010, 21:26

I know a lot of people who got into balisong flipping because of the spy's butterfly. So how many of you guys flip balisongs? I myself am planning to buy my first as soon as I move into my dorm.

Last year my parents thought that BM 42 was too expensive for a knife (even though I was going to buy it with my own money and I usually never spend my money- I've had the same 500 bucks lying in my wallet for four years), and I tried to explain to them about quality=safety. Unless it's a Jaguar or something else cheap like it. But benchmades have cooler+sturdier design, high quality steel and such. So I missed out on buying the few model 42's that were left, and now you can't find them anywhere Sad . So I think I'm settling for a BM51 or a spyderco szabofly (they look so cool).

And as for you people who don't understand why people flip knives, my answer is that it is simply fun, just like video games. There are also people who don't understand why we play games. I'm rambling. Where am I? My brother calls me "old man" for this reason.
dumbasscus
dumbasscus
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Balisong Flipping Empty Re: Balisong Flipping

Post by ninji 7/9/2010, 23:27

I really want to get into balisong flipping, but I have no clue where to start.
ninji
ninji
Clan Member
Clan Member

http://www.tf2items.com/id/ijnin

Back to top Go down

Post by dumbasscus 7/9/2010, 23:52

ninji wrote:I really want to get into balisong flipping, but I have no clue where to start.
You could get a cheapie, there's tons of vids on the youtube that have tips on cheap balis that are reliable. A lot of cheapies with low quality steel will break during a flipping session, and the blade will go flying around. You can also buy a trainer, which is a bali with no blade, just a slab of metal. If you have money, you could buy benchmade (I recommend 51). There are also a bunch of easy-intermediate tutorials on the youtube. So yeah.
dumbasscus
dumbasscus
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by LOOK IT'S ADAM!!! 8/9/2010, 00:00

if you're going to buy a benchmade, at least buy a real knife. those are some of the best production knives out there.
LOOK IT'S ADAM!!!
LOOK IT'S ADAM!!!
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dumbasscus 8/9/2010, 00:11

Adam, which cal poly do you go to?
BTW, what do you mean "real knife"? Balisongs can still be great for everyday use. Flippers just use them to play around instead of actually using them.
dumbasscus
dumbasscus
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by LOOK IT'S ADAM!!! 8/9/2010, 00:19

i go to the real cal poly, SLO.

the thing i have against flipping knives is that's the only thing they're good at. any other style of knife is better at everything except for chopping your own fingers off.
LOOK IT'S ADAM!!!
LOOK IT'S ADAM!!!
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dumbasscus 8/9/2010, 00:38

Not true. As long as you hold the safe handle and don't close the blade on the bite handle, you'll be fine. NEVER HOLD THE BITE HANDLE. I think every flipper knows that. The blade also stays put when it is fully open. So there is very little danger off you fingers. You may get a couple of minor scratches, though. Certain bali's are so sharp that you hardly feel cuts until you've noticed the blood.

I agree that balis aren't good for self-defense, but they are still excellent in everyday uses as a tool.
dumbasscus
dumbasscus
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by LOOK IT'S ADAM!!! 8/9/2010, 00:43

dumbasscus wrote:Not true. As long as you hold the safe handle and don't close the blade on the bite handle, you'll be fine. NEVER HOLD THE BITE HANDLE. I think every flipper knows that. The blade also stays put when it is fully open. So there is very little danger off you fingers. You may get a couple of minor scratches, though. Certain bali's are so sharp that you hardly feel cuts until you've noticed the blood.

the sharpness of a knife depends entirely on who takes care of it. the type of knife doesn't matter. i can get a cheapo 440 stainless souvenir knife to be sharper than a razer blade. it won't keep that edge very long, but that's what makes it a crappy knife.

what i was saying above is this: there isn't anything (except flipping) that a butterfly knife can do better than a lock blade.
LOOK IT'S ADAM!!!
LOOK IT'S ADAM!!!
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dumbasscus 8/9/2010, 00:44

True.
dumbasscus
dumbasscus
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by hyce777 8/9/2010, 02:30

Aren't they illegal in all 50 states?
hyce777
hyce777
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by LOOK IT'S ADAM!!! 8/9/2010, 02:47

no.
LOOK IT'S ADAM!!!
LOOK IT'S ADAM!!!
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Epps 8/9/2010, 10:35

There is no place for civilians owning firearms, combat knifes or other weapons in my own utopia. Well, except for crowbars which they will be required to have in case of a headcrab infestation but still.

But seriously, I am anti-weapons irl
Epps
Epps
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!

http://www.epps.nl

Back to top Go down

Post by dumbasscus 8/9/2010, 10:37

RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS, AMERICA F*** YEAH!
dumbasscus
dumbasscus
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by LOOK IT'S ADAM!!! 8/9/2010, 14:11

Epps wrote:There is no place for civilians owning firearms, combat knifes or other weapons in my own utopia. Well, except for crowbars which they will be required to have in case of a headcrab infestation but still.

But seriously, I am anti-weapons irl

firearms != weapon.

these are not weapons:
Balisong Flipping Anschutz1807mag%201
Balisong Flipping Khan2.2
Balisong Flipping Sp01
Balisong Flipping Potato-gun-plans-image-courtesy-swanstormnet

i own one of each (target rifle, trap shotgun, silhouette pistol, and potato gun) and i can tell you, they are not weapons. a bow and arrow is a more reliable weapon than anything pictured above. people who have never shot guns have not felt the satisfaction of shooting two clay discs out of the air flying at 100 km/h, or putting one hole in a piece of paper, then sending 9 more bullets through that same hole at 100 meters.

guns are not just weapons, they are a part of a sport.
LOOK IT'S ADAM!!!
LOOK IT'S ADAM!!!
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum