Pulp Fortress forum archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Map Rotation : your opinion.

+2
Furgus
Nicobbq
6 posters

Go down

Map Rotation : your opinion. Empty Map Rotation : your opinion.

Post by Nicobbq 17/1/2010, 22:29

Hello every members!

I would like to suggest you something about the server. People are getting bored sometimes of always playing Orange X3. I know it is the best orange x map evaaaa but changes doesn't hurt.

That's why I introduce my new concept : THE MAP ROTATION!

I think we should have like 4 to 5 orange maps including X3.
These maps could have a time limit of an hour. After this hour, a vote windows pops-up asking people what they would like to play for next map. We could also have the "extend 20 minutes" choice so if a map is really loved, it can stays long! This way, we could have more diversity that would make more people happy and bring more members to the clan. I know some people are not big fan of orange x3 but like to play with the Pulp members so that way, we could have a happy community.

Let me know what you guys think about this. I decided to post it in general because I think it concerns everyone!

Thanks for your suggestions / comments / ideas / 20$ bills that you're gonna give me.
Nicobbq
Nicobbq
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Map Rotation : your opinion. Empty Re: Map Rotation : your opinion.

Post by Furgus 17/1/2010, 22:55

I agree with nicobbq. Maybe even add a few custom maps such as turbine(once in a while).

Last edited by nicobbq on 17/1/2010, 23:18; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelled my name wrong lol)
Furgus
Furgus
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Panda 17/1/2010, 23:56

I agree but we should have maps that can relate maybe differ in game types like Intel, Cp, Push the Cart.

Cause in all mind yes I love CP on Orange but as Nico has stated too much of it and I want to leave the server. So I'm with Nico maybe create Pulp Map rotations of maps pulp members created were we've all come to a senses.

I love you guys Razz
Panda
Panda

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicobbq 17/1/2010, 23:57

Panda wrote:I agree but we should have maps that can relate maybe differ in game types like Intel, Cp, Push the Cart.

Cause in all mind yes I love CP on Orange but as Nico has stated too much of it and I want to leave the server. So I'm with Nico maybe create Pulp Map rotations of maps pulp members created were we've all come to a senses.

I love you guys Razz

Really good Idea!
Nicobbq
Nicobbq
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Zurkov 18/1/2010, 00:27

I dunno... I kinda like having it 24/7 Orange_X3.

I guess you could allow RTV/nominate/votemap, and have it change maps at the end of the round after the timelimit runs out (or allow people to vote to extend it, as you said).
I don't want it changing maps in the middle of a match without an RTV, though.
Lord Zurkov
Lord Zurkov
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicobbq 18/1/2010, 08:44

Lord Zurkov wrote:I dunno... I kinda like having it 24/7 Orange_X3.

I guess you could allow RTV/nominate/votemap, and have it change maps at the end of the round after the timelimit runs out (or allow people to vote to extend it, as you said).
I don't want it changing maps in the middle of a match without an RTV, though.

You do because you don't play often but this map gets boring when you've played it 4 hours in a single day lol!
Nicobbq
Nicobbq
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Eraserhead 18/1/2010, 10:52

I have stated this in another topic before but i can't find it because of that damn search function not working properly.

This server started out as an Orange_x3 server because that was the whole basis of succes for IKtR. People come to our server because they know what they can find there: orange!

So maybe adding a couple of orange variants could not hurt but i don't think adding completely different maps and game types to our Orange server is a good idea. We have switched maps before and what happens:

-while switching to another (custom) map people leave the game (always!), so when the next map starts you have less players
-some of the regulars who want to play orange wont connect because they are looking for orange...so of them will connect of course
-i don't think it would be cool to change in the middle of the game, i have to agree on that with Zurkov, because playing orange really can be exiting because you want to get the last cp. So changing it while some players are in that rush can be a bummer. So it would have to be on rounds end. We could also set a timelimit for 90 minutes and automate a vote after that. If the timelimit reaches 0 we get into stalemate and sudden death round

But again, these are big changes. Right now i don't see any players on the server and it would be great to see some people on there all the time, so we still need more members in the clan AND community. If we have some better financials we could also setup a second server for custom maps, i think we should strive to make that happen within 3 months.

In the meantime we can do some experiments with mapvoting.
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

http://www.pulpfortress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tendo 18/1/2010, 11:04

Yeah, a rotation sounds pretty good. I think it would be best to start off with a orange map rotation? Personally, stock maps run slow for me, and i find them boring.
Rtv sounds good, as long as its at the end of the round. Players joining will always pose some trouble, so just a small rotation... and knowing most of the reg's, the rtv will probably be to extend the map.
Tendo
Tendo
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Eraserhead 18/1/2010, 11:43

The rtv plugin is not working on this server, we are using custom vote but i'm sure we can work something out.
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

http://www.pulpfortress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down