Pulp Fortress forum archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This message is to everyone in PULP

+5
Tendo
Eraserhead
Firestar
Dumpybear
Furgus
9 posters

Go down

This message is to everyone in PULP Empty This message is to everyone in PULP

Post by Furgus 19/1/2010, 22:07

Why do you guys think we have admins in a clan?

My Answer:

We have admins in the clan in order to make the gaming experience at PULP better for players around the world. YOU, as in members, have to tell us if there is a problem in the server. So one of the admins could go into the server and deal with it. If there is an admin in the server please do something to fix the problem. Don't look like an idiot while people are mic spamming or hacking and pissing our members off. Today we probably and have lost a our first member in the clan{Mac}. He is tired of all the mic spamming in our server and just left the clan. Also if you are an admin and are witnessing a problem in the server. Don't go message to another admin about the problem. You take care of it however you need to and then post something on the the admins section about your action if needed. Also there is always an admin online{MEEEEE} I am always online except if I go to bed. But other than that I'm always on. I even go to the schools computer and downloaded steam. Which I am not supposed to. In order to stay connected to everyone in PULP. What's the point of having admins if you dont know what to do. It takes time to recruit people and even harder when they are in a different timezone than the recruiter.
Furgus
Furgus
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

This message is to everyone in PULP Empty Re: This message is to everyone in PULP

Post by Dumpybear 20/1/2010, 02:48

So that's why he took his tag off!!!!

D: We're sorry Mac! COME BACK Sad
Dumpybear
Dumpybear
Forgotten
Forgotten

Back to top Go down

This message is to everyone in PULP Empty Re: This message is to everyone in PULP

Post by Firestar 20/1/2010, 09:47

I am also always online; when I'm not actually at the computer it will say offline.
Firestar
Firestar

Back to top Go down

Post by Eraserhead 20/1/2010, 10:07

Who was mic spamming?
Which admins were there and why did they not do anything about it?
Why didn't Mac do a votemute?

Personally i like some of the music people play but after a couple of minutes it can become irritating. I do it myself as well sometimes. If people just ask to turn it off i think someone should always turn it off. It just means you failed as a DJ to please everyone (which is hard, i know) but there are also people who play very enjoyable stuff. So thats why on PULP we didn't make a rule for NO Micspamming. We could always change it of course but this is how i think about it. Mac could also have done personal mute so i don't see why he should leave the clan over this.
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

http://www.pulpfortress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tendo 20/1/2010, 11:07

From what i understood, it was general mic spamming. He wouldnt leave because of just one instance. So, the most likey people are Alex, Firestar, and bbq (for the short time he did have it). Personally, i think this is useless to talk about. Alex and fire stop if you ask them. If they dont, then thats a bigger issue, but still not significant enough to complain about. Four click's, and you can mute anyone.

Me, i leave them unmuted (unless im listening to music), and if it gets annoying, then i tell them to stop (Aka, stupid songs).

And yes, if enough people get angry, a votemute vote should be started. If no one starts it, then its their fault. If its your problem, fix it by asking someone or start the vote.

I think the simplest way to stop it, is to have server messages in chat, telling about the useful commands.
Tendo
Tendo
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Eraserhead 20/1/2010, 11:33

All those server messages are already there! You can type help to find out about the votemute command and there is a hint text (pops up in orange and makes a sound) that tells you how to do personal mute. I must confess that after playing for a while you become blind for these messages. If anyone has suggestions how to improve the server advertisements let me know.

There are four positions for them:

-bottom left in the chat compartment
-bottom middle (orange hint text)
-middle of the screen, big white letters
-top of the screen (can't remember what those look like we don't use them)
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dumpybear 20/1/2010, 14:44

Yeah Tendo, he was getting pretty annoyed at those people, but, I still like them D:
Dumpybear
Dumpybear
Forgotten
Forgotten

Back to top Go down

Post by miht 20/1/2010, 16:45

Eraserhead wrote:Who was mic spamming?
Which admins were there and why did they not do anything about it?
Why didn't Mac do a votemute?

Personally i like some of the music people play but after a couple of minutes it can become irritating. I do it myself as well sometimes. If people just ask to turn it off i think someone should always turn it off. It just means you failed as a DJ to please everyone (which is hard, i know) but there are also people who play very enjoyable stuff. So thats why on PULP we didn't make a rule for NO Micspamming. We could always change it of course but this is how i think about it. Mac could also have done personal mute so i don't see why he should leave the clan over this.

At the time the only person there that was playing "music" was nico. i was also there but i didn;t want to kick or ban nico Crying or Very sad But we did ask him to stop, but i ended up muting him thru pesonal mute. I don't know why Mac didn;t not mute him.
miht
miht
Junior Game Admin
Junior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Firestar 20/1/2010, 17:55

Yeah, I hate when people are too lazy to esc>mute players>Firestar>Mute In-Game voice.
Also, I stop if anyone asks, and ask questions later. I never keep playing if anyone asks me to stop, unless I don't see it in chat. Also, I can still hear people's mics over the music, so feel free to just say STFU out loud Very Happy
Firestar
Firestar

Back to top Go down

Post by jameless 20/1/2010, 19:15

A lot of people do like to hear the music so I don't want to be the letdown to ask you to stop while you're doing it. If it's how you have fun then great! Enjoy it! I understand the whole personal mute thing. I agree that it should be used before a votemute (or even leaving the clan?!?). However...

...please understand something. If I am playing and you start playing music, odds are high that I will personal mute you. No offense is meant but I like to hear when a spy is behind me or if a heavy is winding up his gun. Please keep in mind though, that this means I cannot hear anything you have to say even if you turn the music off. So if you are trying to ask me for help because someone is shooting you, or you need help with defending a certain point, or you want me to change my class I won't get the message.

So if you are playing music and need to talk to me please type it in chat, I'm not ignoring you.

cheers
jameless
jameless
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Epps 20/1/2010, 19:28

Same goes for me.
Epps
Epps
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!

http://www.epps.nl

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex 21/1/2010, 00:05

Guilty Micspammer No. 1 here. I think the personal mute hint does need to be moved; it is kinda hard to see. Perhaps move it to the chat box?
Alex
Alex
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Eraserhead 21/1/2010, 09:40

But there are already so much chat advertisements....Let me change it to top message and see what happens.
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down