Pulp Fortress forum archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tendo/Panda First Pug

+2
Tendo
Panda
6 posters

Go down

Tendo/Panda First Pug Empty Tendo/Panda First Pug

Post by Panda 30/1/2010, 21:55

Okay now we will start with the good notes because why always start with bad.

Good Notes
We had a lot of people finally in this pug we didn't have to hold off.
We had team work going to a point where we had it actually(Until payload)
The time was set and we had a lot of PULP members in this even after short notice(Sorry for that~Panda)
We had hard fighters in the matches and we didn't want to lose

Bad Notes
We had people not listening to what me and Tendo were saying. We are the people who run these and we shall be listened to if this happens in a upcoming Pug you will be removed from the pug it happened AND the next pug.
Me and Tendo need to make stricter rules
Server was locked when we switched maps but we had people giving away passwords
This made team unbalanced
We had a team rage at the end of the CP match which is unacceptable
In future events such as this it will not be accepted

Our Upgrades
We will have RESERVED spots in the pugs for now on. There will be a minimum of 6 and a max of 8.
Power of pugs will need to be advanced to lvl 3 admin(if is possible when in pug [me and Tendo lvl 3 admins during pugs.])
Server will be locked and members will have to be registered for pug on forums(means new thread to sign of for dated pugs.)
If anymore ideas that we can branch on to this post a comment and me and Tendo will look at and weight the odds to see if it's acceptable.

On this note
Red team won Control Point AND Pay Load.
Control Point was one by having the 3rd point for just seconds when the game ended and blue almost had it
In Pay Load the team had Pushed the cart all the way and the opposing team didn't make it.

Good try participants, and improvements will be made to the Pugs to make it more organized and Tendo and I will be in more control of this.
Panda
Panda

Back to top Go down

Tendo/Panda First Pug Empty Re: Tendo/Panda First Pug

Post by Tendo 30/1/2010, 22:07

I am not happy about the rages at the end. I thought this clan was better than that. We had a time limit, everyone saw it. I even stopped playing to make sure my alarm and the message were on time. Of course there will be delay, but it doesnt change the fact that blue had only stepped on the point at that moment. After i said the game was over, they had it captured 3/10th of the way, but that still means red had possession. Clearly bitching over this was a great way to end it, and waist our time.

As panda said, we will have more strict rules. It seems we cant even have a loose an fun one going. So there will be rules, and if you dont follow, you will be kicked from the pug, and ultimately from the scrim team.

Seeing as it was the first one, and we wanted to learn what you guys would do, i think we now know that we need to put rules, and get some more modifications to make sure that no one is fucking around.

If it is your belief that people standing on the point win, then why not have a spy camp it at the last second. You have possession or you don't. if you dont agree, give us some good reasons.

As for level 3 admin, i just think we should have pre-selected teams and the power to restart a round when ready.

We will always see rages in a pug game, but lets make it so that they are the public gamers, not our own clan.

People were also complaining about the map. I hate stock and my computer can barely handle it. if you want stock, then make it yourself
Tendo
Tendo
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Epps 30/1/2010, 22:42

Sorry, I couldn't make it due to some personal issues which I couldn't predict Crying or Very sad
Anyway, nice to hear it went decent and perhaps pre-made teams would be better so you can start right away instead of having to go trough 15 minutes of picking members.

Btw, I'm not interested in scrims (there are better people in this clan) but if you need someone for the next pug count me in :p
Epps
Epps
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!

http://www.epps.nl

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Zurkov 30/1/2010, 23:35

What.

You said "you guys lose, too bad" in the middle of them capping the point?
There's a reason that TF2 has Overtime...
Lord Zurkov
Lord Zurkov
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Eraserhead 31/1/2010, 11:52

This was my first pug and i was part of the blu team who went on capturing just for fun when red team went to spectate after the time limit ended. But i acknowledge that team read won. But i also agree with Zurkov that the game has an overtime feature. I think next time we should maybe specify a time limit when we load the scrim config file? Altough i don't know what will happen when you make a general file for this and execute it on stock maps who have a time limit already? But i'm sure me and JameLess can find out.

Further i was a bit irritated myself with the presence of a medic in our team who was just there on the server when the pug started and was not communicating via chat or voice. So i agree with pre-picking teams next time, this will also make it more fun because then you can come up with a strategy together with your team before the pug begins.

During the payload map i switched to red team because teams were unbalanced and i noticed no one in red team was communicating via voice. Was this on purpose? I didn't even hear Panda.
Also Tendo left for some reason when we changed maps and for a moment we were all waiting for him since we thought he had steam problems. Btw Tendo i think that during a pug you should stick to Tendo because if people haven't played for a day or two they will only recognize you because of you avatar since you changed your name to Stalin.

Well that's my criticism but let me compliment you on this first pug Tendo/Panda and i very much like you made with the first two posts in this topic. Indeed more rules will make it a more serious pug next time.

One last thing: When we changed maps i noticed the scrim config file was disabled and the server default config file was run again. So the server was unlocked again and autobalance was on, etc. So next time when you change map please remember to execute the scrim config file again at the start of the round. Another thing that went wrong is that RTD did not get disabled like it should, we tested it so that's strange. I had to unload the plugin but thats just lucky i was around and Jameless was keeping an eye out but after going back to normal mode i had to restart the server to get it back on. Also i think we might want to turn off crits during a pug. I hear JameLess has also found a special plugin for scrims/pugs so maybe this will help too.
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

http://www.pulpfortress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicobbq 31/1/2010, 13:16

Oh yea, and wtfisabullet attitude, next time, I don't want to be in his team. I don't have to be called noob every minutes.
Nicobbq
Nicobbq
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down