Pulp Fortress forum archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dark Soul's abscence

3 posters

Go down

Dark Soul's abscence Empty Dark Soul's abscence

Post by Furgus 12/12/2009, 19:50

Hey. I wont be playing on the server until next Monday. The 21st. I turned my computer off and when i turned it on it was on "safe mode" {w/e that is}. So something wrong with my computer. Im gonna try and reformat it. But my finals are coming and i need to study. so its going to delay my computer being fixed. Im using my sisters pc and she wont let me download tf2 so ill be checking in the forums. If you guys have any ideas in how to fix my computer. That would help me a lot. Peace
Furgus
Furgus
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Dark Soul's abscence Empty Re: Dark Soul's abscence

Post by Epps 13/12/2009, 00:28

That all depends on the problem itself, what OS you use and the error's you get.
Try re-installing windows without a format and see what it does. If it doesn't work, make a backup with all important documents and format it, reinstal windows and start out fresh which is most likely the best thing to do (sort of).

I prefer to do the last one. I keep backups with all my important documents (office, music, pictures, video's etc) which I update every week. Because of this I wouldn't lose any important stuff which is a satisfying thought when you're like me: a person who takes his laptop everywhere and uses it for a lot of things.
The downside is redownloading and iinstalling all those programs again...
Winamp, µtorrent, live messenger, steam (+games), firefox (+add ons), powerISO, malwarebytes, (and so on and on and on)...
Epps
Epps
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!

http://www.epps.nl

Back to top Go down

Post by Eraserhead 13/12/2009, 00:59

I have installed countless pc's with windows and i cant say its my hobby. It takes up so much time to get the settings right and reinstall all the software. Some tips:

-use n-lite to make your own customized install cd's
-allways make a separate partition for your data, that way when you reinstall windows you will still have a partion where your games and software reside
-in your case DS it starts up with safe mode? that just a mode of windows where no drivers are loaded and no programs startup. Its for troubleshooting purposes. While booting you should repeatedly press F8 and then you will get a menu with startup options, try last known good configuration. Did you change anything before this happened?
-as pepper said a good alternative for a clean install is a repair install, the installation routine of windows simply replaces all windows files and leaves your programs alone
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

http://www.pulpfortress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Furgus 13/12/2009, 21:39

thx guy ill cyah in a week or something
Furgus
Furgus
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Furgus 16/12/2009, 20:37

Okay guys my computer is fixed. So hopefully on Moday I'll be like 24/7 in TF2 since of the christmas break and Finals are over. but until then gotta study for finals.
Furgus
Furgus
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Eraserhead 16/12/2009, 23:06

All the best with the studying! By monday i think we can all inform you fully about the new weapons and other update stuff.
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

http://www.pulpfortress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down