Pulp Fortress forum archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

K so after map rotation

3 posters

Go down

K so after map rotation Empty K so after map rotation

Post by miht 1/3/2010, 16:25

After map rotation started. i've noticed noone would join our orange server. Imo people that play orange just like the orange x1,3,4,5,6, or purple x. i like tendos map and everything. But its not attracting enuf players. so we should try to have something to attract players. Also i think all admins should get the power to change the map.
miht
miht
Junior Game Admin
Junior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

K so after map rotation Empty Re: K so after map rotation

Post by jameless 1/3/2010, 17:02

We are testing this for a week. It just started today so I think we need to have more data before we decide if it works or not. We have map rating software installed so we can get a good idea of what maps people like or dislike.

As for admins changing maps, we are only allowing for a few different orange maps for right now. There is a plugin that allows everyone to vote on which map they would like to be the next one. I don't think the map needs to be changed more often than that especially if we want to get enough data to see which maps are liked and which aren't.
jameless
jameless
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Eraserhead 1/3/2010, 18:06

I agree with JameLess. This week is meant for testing and after the week is over we can evaluate. I played on the server today and the few peope that were on (about 6 in total) played for quite a while. 2 of them left on Tendo's map. Viper was finished within 3 minutes and purple lasted real long.

So at the end of this week we can make a fair judgement. Als don't forget people can vote for maps and we can track them here: http://www.pulpfortress.com/maprate.php

Eache player is forced to vote after 15 minutes so we will get proper judgements of all maps. Each map will have to be played before the 1st one starts again. That way we have an even spread of playtime over all the maps. Right now i see Gibbo made an event and i see we have 11 players on our regular orange map which will soon change to another map....

Each round will last 30 minutes with 3 rounds in total before changing map. After the 30 minutes sudden death melee will occur. Please report if this doesn't work because we were not able to test it on the public server.
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

http://www.pulpfortress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down