Pulp Fortress forum archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Apparently i hack...

+3
Eraserhead
ninji
Guan
7 posters

Go down

Apparently i hack... Empty Apparently i hack...

Post by Guan 17/3/2010, 20:49

Some of you know that i play on your server, usually sniping and what you think i hack or aimbot which i do not.
If you're like most people know lots about tf2 then you would know its horrid registry of ping differences, you would know getting shot behind a wall is lag compensation.
Today (March 17th.10) some player name kirby votebanned me for 30mins so yea, just pointing it out that i don't hack and if i get annoying they can just ask to change class besides to create false assumptions.

Thanks
Guan
Guan

Back to top Go down

Apparently i hack... Empty Re: Apparently i hack...

Post by ninji 18/3/2010, 01:30

I feel for you, Guan, and I believe you. I was banned from the last clan I was a part of for hacking, but that guy that banned me was an ass hole and he got his admin revoked for it. I left predominantly because of this and stopped playing Sniper.

And speaking of vote banning, I saw someone initiate a vote ban on some one based off of spite, and that person got one spammed off the server, when he was not doing anything wrong. Maybe we should make 1 do nothing, while 2 and 3 are the actual voting buttons for all votes?
ninji
ninji
Clan Member
Clan Member

http://www.tf2items.com/id/ijnin

Back to top Go down

Post by Eraserhead 18/3/2010, 05:25

Hey i was there too Guan and you were pretty good or either using aimbot but the fact that you post here makes me believe you are not hacking. The problem is that you can't aimbot (unless you hack in someones computer Suspect ).

Ninji, do you mean this:

Ban player X:

1.Don't know, why?
2.Yes
3.No

Or maybe we could create the votes so that the votebanning player could enter a reason that everyone can see. Let's see what Jameless will say about this.
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

http://www.pulpfortress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jameless 18/3/2010, 07:09

I have some ideas but let me test some things and check on some syntax first. I will get back to you guys later tonight.
jameless
jameless
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jameless 18/3/2010, 15:38

Feel free to move this post if you feel it's in the wrong place.

We have a few options for voteban.

1. (I feel this might be our best option for this) I can change the vote so it has to be typed in chat. People can't just click a number. The actual vote happens in the chat menu. So if you want jameless banned 70% of the people in game have to type in voteban and select jameless from the menu. I feel this will prevent any number spamming. Also people will stop to ask why? if they have to type it in.

2. We can make it so an admin has to approve the ban. This means that even if the voteban receives 70% or more nothing will happen unless an admin approves it in game. The problem with this is if an admin isn't in game the person won't get banned.

3. I can make a list vote with the options of don't know why, no, yes. But I feel with the 3 options it will lead to a lot of spammed don't know why's making the votes a lot tougher to succeed when they are necessary. There is no way for me to disable the 1 button.

So let me know what you guys want. Spam 1 Spam 1!!!
jameless
jameless
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by vladmirbsl69 18/3/2010, 15:55

111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111!!!!!!!!!!lolz nah but really i like 3 and 1 the best. GOOD WORK JAMES!!!!
vladmirbsl69
vladmirbsl69

Back to top Go down

Post by Eraserhead 18/3/2010, 17:59

Personally i think 3 is best.

2 is nonsense because that takes away the whole reason why we setup voteban.

The problem with 1 is that 70% is a bit much if you ask me. What i always see happening is that most players from one team are harrassed by someone that should be banned but the members of the same team don't notice it. So i would say a lower percentage should type in voteban before it pops up for everyone. What's it set to right now Jameless?

3 is best i think because if the result of the vote is that most people will answer 'don't know why' then this means the persons who voted for yes should convince the others of the reason for the voteban and try to do another attempt. My assumption is that this will always happen unless there is just a few players on the server and everyone is using mic/communicating. But i know for myself that if i'm playing the game intensely some stuff slips by me (like chats and voice talk). However i do think that after the 1st vote has popped up people will start asking why and the next vote will have a more succesful result.

So the plugin can't display the reason for the voteban Jameless?
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jameless 18/3/2010, 18:18

Eraserhead wrote:The problem with 1 is that 70% is a bit much if you ask me. What i always see happening is that most players from one team are harrassed by someone that should be banned but the members of the same team don't notice it. So i would say a lower percentage should type in voteban before it pops up for everyone. What's it set to right now Jameless?
Code:
"voteban"
   {
      "title"      "Ban #1 for 30 minutes?"
      "type"      "confirm"
      "command"   "sm_ban_auto #1 30 \"Banned by vote.\""
      "percent"   "70"
      "trigger"
      {
         "command"   "voteban"
         "notice"   "%u voted to ban #1"
         "count"      "2"
      }
      "params"
      {
         "1"         "player"
      }
   }

These are the current settings. It says it takes 2 people to bring up the menu asking if people want to ban the person and then 70% have to say yes for it to be effective. What option 1 would do is instead of using the menu at all, it would make it so everyone would have to manually type in voteban jameless. The option for yes/no doesn't pop up eliminating the spamming of 1.

Eraserhead wrote:So the plugin can't display the reason for the voteban Jameless?

No it doesn't offer an option. It will auto choose Banned by vote as the reason.

I don't mind setting it for whichever one you guys end up wanting. I only suggested option 1 because it was the only way of eliminating the spamming of 1 which I thought was the main concern with changing it.
jameless
jameless
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Eraserhead 18/3/2010, 18:46

Guan wrote:
Today (March 17th.10) some player name kirby votebanned me for 30mins so yea, just pointing it out that i don't hack and if i get annoying they can just ask to change class besides to create false assumptions.

I don't think the issue that started this topic was about voting at all but Guan suggested people would ask but i think Ninji was right to look for a solution in the voting system since that is most easy to manage instead of telling all people on the server 'don't voteban but ask someone to change class if you think it ruins the game'. btw i doubt that was the reason tried to ban him but probably because he tought he was hacking, otherwise he could have done the votesniper vote....
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jameless 18/3/2010, 18:53

ninji wrote:And speaking of vote banning, I saw someone initiate a vote ban on some one based off of spite, and that person got one spammed off the server, when he was not doing anything wrong. Maybe we should make 1 do nothing, while 2 and 3 are the actual voting buttons for all votes?

I think I was referring to this comment but no worries. Like I said I don't mind doing whatever you guys decide you want.

cheers
jameless
jameless
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Zurkov 18/3/2010, 21:18

Someone initiated a voteban against wrech earlier. Nobody was even giving a reason for it.
Lord Zurkov
Lord Zurkov
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Eraserhead 19/3/2010, 07:18

Well i don't know what the best idea is anymore Very Happy
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jameless 19/3/2010, 07:25

Well considering a voteban is only for 30 minutes perhaps it might be best left the way that it is. I could even lessen that to 10 or 15 minutes if we all desire.
jameless
jameless
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonesie|UKCS| 19/3/2010, 13:15

I like the one where the admin has to say yes or no to accept the kick or ban. But then, wouldn't the admins have to be on a lot more?

Jonesie|UKCS|
I am banned, sad face! Unban me! I don't deserve it !
I am banned, sad face! Unban me! I don't deserve it !

Back to top Go down

Post by vladmirbsl69 19/3/2010, 16:01

i agree with jamesless on the new code for preventing the spamming of the 1 key. but if you do that might as well keep the time limit at 30 because if pepole really want the person banned and there is no spam then why change it to 15?
vladmirbsl69
vladmirbsl69

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum