Pulp Fortress forum archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So, If I were to make a 5 CP push map... (granary/well/badlands)

5 posters

Go down

So, If I were to make a 5 CP push map... (granary/well/badlands) Empty So, If I were to make a 5 CP push map... (granary/well/badlands)

Post by hyce777 31/3/2010, 00:03

Would you people who organize and do the pugs/scrims, like to play a 5 CP map designed specifically for 6v6 competitive play? I'm going to make one, and I'd love to have it played in pugs, eventually.
hyce777
hyce777
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

So, If I were to make a 5 CP push map... (granary/well/badlands) Empty Re: So, If I were to make a 5 CP push map... (granary/well/badlands)

Post by Young Greezy 31/3/2010, 00:05

hyce777 wrote:Would you people who organize and do the pugs/scrims, like to play a 5 CP map designed specifically for 6v6 competitive play? I'm going to make one, and I'd love to have it played in pugs, eventually.

Hells yes
Young Greezy
Young Greezy
Scrim Team Captain
Scrim Team Captain

Back to top Go down

So, If I were to make a 5 CP push map... (granary/well/badlands) Empty Re: So, If I were to make a 5 CP push map... (granary/well/badlands)

Post by hyce777 31/3/2010, 00:32

Got an ideas or requests to be put in it?
hyce777
hyce777
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Zurkov 31/3/2010, 01:29

I had an idea for a map... but I don't think it would be appropriate here, since I get the impression you want it to be a 4SRS map.
Lord Zurkov
Lord Zurkov
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Eraserhead 31/3/2010, 06:41

I still have to see your Frogger map Hyce. btw i think as a mapmaker you should now start to focus on actually finishing a map so it looks nice and textured. I kinda miss that in most of your maps, they look very rough. You seem more like the creative type to me who keeps making new maps all the time but the truth is that people also want eyecandy. It would be great to bring one of your maps in rotation but it needs to look nice dude.
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

http://www.pulpfortress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Greezy 31/3/2010, 08:21

His frogger map actually DOES look nice now eraser. It's supa pro.
Young Greezy
Young Greezy
Scrim Team Captain
Scrim Team Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by hyce777 31/3/2010, 10:07

Yeah, Frogger is actually pretty much done. It's fully textured, it's got a fair amount of props, It's got full dynamic lighting, and pretty interesting gameplay, as well.

The reason I don't tend to finish my maps is I get bored of them sometime, and I put them on hold. I'm planning on putting a little more work into Northwest and Work Yard soon, and waterway, however you have no idea how much of a clusterf*ck waterway is to make.
hyce777
hyce777
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jameless 31/3/2010, 14:13

If you send me your latest frogger that would be nice. We still have an old version on the vip server.
jameless
jameless
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by hyce777 31/3/2010, 20:02

Well I've come up with a plan for the map, the question is when do I make it.

The plan: The map will be cp_pulpmill.

(Woohoo, clan-based puns!)

So, basically, it's set with a grassy theme, similar to Gorge and Doublecross.

Basically, the center is going to be a sawmill-building, with non-moving trains that will deliver wood to the center building. As you work your way out towards the bases, the wood is processed into lumber, and of course, PULP.

And yes, this will be eye candy, hopefully.
hyce777
hyce777
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by hyce777 5/4/2010, 18:24

So, a little update, so far I have Blu's final control point area complete. The 2nd CP area is close to being done, and the part between 2 and 3 is doing well, and 3's building is built. Once I finish these area, I copy+pasta the entire thing to red side. Then I just retexture and change names. Be ready for alpha 1 tommorow or wednesday. It'd be great if it would be ready for the Night Owl PUG for testing, or the PULP vs. CGMZ scrim.

Once it's done I'll put up a download here so y'all don't have to wait to download it ingame.
hyce777
hyce777
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Eraserhead 5/4/2010, 20:45

Young Greezy wrote:His frogger map actually DOES look nice now eraser. It's supa pro.

I checked your frogger map and it's pretty cool Hyce, your most original map so far!

When we do pugs we only play stockmaps because a pug is a training to get good on those maps. But we could put your map as the fourth map after the the 3 pugmaps have been played. People who are left can then test out your new map.
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

http://www.pulpfortress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by hyce777 5/4/2010, 22:09

That'd be nice, seeing as I am specifically making it for 6v6 pug/scrim type gaming.
hyce777
hyce777
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down