Pulp Fortress forum archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Furgus grow up!

+7
Eraserhead
vladmirbsl69
Tendo
Furgus
Nicobbq
UberLord
jameless
11 posters

Go down

Furgus grow up! Empty Furgus grow up!

Post by jameless 19/5/2010, 19:15

Furgus wrote:Btw James the class limit stuff you put on the server sucks. People in the server didn't like it.

Becoming a member does not mean that you can disrespect admins. I have a full time job and a family that I take care all the time. I spent a few hours trying to get this thing working so that everyone can have a better time playing on the server. It was done because of a request by quite a few of our members.

You are very ignorant Furgus. Your ideas are all half baked. You think you are so smart but you're a twerp. We can't implement half the things you sputter out of your mouth because you don't understand the coding nor the operations behind a game server. The rage you create for me on a daily basis has made me so furious lately.

On your app I waited til you had enough votes before I voted no, intentionally. I was trying to give you a chance to prove me wrong about you. But apparently not. I don't like you at all Furgus. Don't post responses to my posts as I could care less about your opinion about the time that I spend doing things for the people I consider to be my friends.

GROW UP! Evil or Very Mad
jameless
jameless
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Furgus grow up! Empty Re: Furgus grow up!

Post by UberLord 19/5/2010, 19:19

"suck" is not a proper way to express your opinion furgus...
UberLord
UberLord

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicobbq 19/5/2010, 19:23

I agree with what Jameless said on most parts. You are giving out so many ideas but 10% of them are good. We need quality over quantity. Plus, Jameless installed that new plugin that is way more sophisticated than the last one. I really like it and you can't judge it saying it "sucks" after 10 or so hours.. this is ridiculous.
And you can't back your arguments saying that people on the server said it suck. Who cares?
People are affraid of changes. People always gonna say it sucks because it's not the way it was before.
When valve started the random drop system, there was like 50 topics on how much it sucked on TF2 forums. Then they did a crafting system, there was 50 topics on how much it sucked...

Whatever people are gonna go, there will always be haters.
Nicobbq
Nicobbq
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Furgus 19/5/2010, 19:27

[quote="jameless"]
Furgus wrote:Btw James the class limit stuff you put on the server sucks. People in the server didn't like it.

So I'll just rephrase what I said. "The hard work you put into the plug in but some people disagree with the class limits. Maybe you should change them."

And I'm sorry for w/e I said.
Furgus
Furgus
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jameless 19/5/2010, 19:31

Apparently you didn't read the post I put up. In huge letters, give these limits a week and then we will look to see who wants what changes. But you are so anxious to get ideas out you don't even read what was posted before you shoot your mouth off!
jameless
jameless
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tendo 19/5/2010, 19:39

There have been times i have asked you to stop talking to me, ingame. Usually im listening to music or doing other things, so hearing you constantly talking to me isnt my idea of a good conversation Evil or Very Mad . I dont care so much about your idea's you have, and that you post them... its just you annoy me when im playing. Your manners ingame are not my favorite aswel. You body shot me, call me a noob and all that shit. I dont care if its once and a while but you dont stop. (Nico does it because he's got a funny voice and he's naturally good at making it sound non-offensive).

I dont mind helping you on the map and such, but there is somthing to be desired on your etiquette...
Tendo
Tendo
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Furgus 19/5/2010, 20:04

K fine sorry for all the crap I cause to you guys. And Tendo you could have told me you were listening to music. w/e. Ill shut my mouth. You won't hear a peep from me in game as well.
Furgus
Furgus
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by vladmirbsl69 19/5/2010, 20:25

i feel this is a little harsh. ok i get why your mad but you dont have to get a whole post about it where as you contacted me quietly... also you rlly should give the new thing a chance to get used to it. i like it better as it works from keeping teams from being a scout rush in a 5v5 match
vladmirbsl69
vladmirbsl69

Back to top Go down

Post by jameless 19/5/2010, 20:34

Vlad you will find that it takes a lot for me to post anything negative. I try to be easy to get along with. This is the flame thrower section which is designed to get out frustrations such as this.
jameless
jameless
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by vladmirbsl69 19/5/2010, 20:40

yes but i believe everyone should be treated fairly. such as contact them about it as you did me. and if they still act as they were or are disrespectful then post. i see what you about the negative posting say but everyone should get a chance. but its your decision and i can not change it. im not taking any sides.
vladmirbsl69
vladmirbsl69

Back to top Go down

Post by jameless 19/5/2010, 21:12

My contacting you was not based on my anger. It was requested that I contact you by other members that we getting frustrated. If you brought upon me the same rage that was brought upon me by Furgus I would have posted something to you as well.
jameless
jameless
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Eraserhead 20/5/2010, 08:00

jameless wrote:Vlad you will find that it takes a lot for me to post anything negative. I try to be easy to get along with. This is the flame thrower section which is designed to get out frustrations such as this.

I agree that this is the first time i've seen Jameless posting something like this so you really got on his bad side Furgus. You have just been accepted as a member but it can easily be revoked so watch your steps. I respect Jameless greatly as a person and he has done so much to improve our servers! I cannot say enough to compliment him.

You have irritated me as well while ingame Furugs (calling me a noob, trying to prove you are better, half baked idea's, etc) but i still think you are a good guy. Out of all these observations with you lately i must conclude that you are still a bit immature but i hope this will be a learning experience for you.

Some advice:

-Think idea's through before you post them, read previous forum topics (use the search function), do a check whether an idea is realistic to implement
-Don't get cocky ingame
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

http://www.pulpfortress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Eraserhead 20/5/2010, 10:26

Also you made me furious about this topic Fugus:

http://forum.pulpfortress.com/suggestions-f17/another-suggestion-chats-t755.htm

Read the long post i made there for you to give you some insight in what happened during the period you were not here and all you say is:

Furgus wrote:lol I read the first line. But I'm not arguing or trying to persuade you. Just putting somethings out there.

If you respected me you would have responded by writing down your thoughts on the subject in a more elaborate manner. My impression after this was that you don't think highly of your own idea's, just spam the forum with them and wait on people to respond to them. You don't think them through which makes it a waste of other peoples time because things have to be discussed/questioned along the way instead of you thinking out your idea in advance.
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FUBAR 20/5/2010, 11:32

amen
FUBAR
FUBAR
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

http://www.pulpfortress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Greezy 20/5/2010, 15:51

Furgus, I just feel like that whenever you suggest an idea, it either...

A) Is not possible to make (The plugin request James described)

B) Has already been done (Chat)

C) Is unnecessary and goes against what we stand for as a clan (getting rid of dynamic class limits)

You need to understand that this clan doesn't consist of a bunch of dysfunctional retards. Everyone here is always considering new ideas and trying to implement them. Even if it hasn't been posted, we often do private steam chats about new ideas (me and eraser for instance spent time testing out the duels system and refining it).

When you post an idea, you need to do several things.

- Consider if it is even possible to achieve what you are suggesting.

- Consider if what you are saying goes against our principles as a clan

- Possibly ask an admin like myself if this idea has been considered yet BEFORE bothering the head honchos about it. You were gone from the clan for four months. This is a substantial period of time. Not to mention the clan grew an enormous amount during this time, and so much changed.

- Make sure that the idea is actually a good idea. For instance, my personal opinion is that the friday prophunts suggestion is silly. Prophunt is not a game that people feel the need to sign up for, and it is not something that we can fill a server with all the time. You should play prophunt for a while and realize that it gets stale after a few weeks. Possibly, if you participated in a PUG for instance, you could ask everyone after if they felt like staying for some prophunt to chill and talk, but a thread suggesting a regular prophunt event was unnecessary.

- Lastly, don't overflow the board with suggestions. People don't want to click on the board and think, "Oh great, another mediocre Dark Soul suggestion :S." Quality over Quantity.
Young Greezy
Young Greezy
Scrim Team Captain
Scrim Team Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by vladmirbsl69 20/5/2010, 15:58

ok im now forgeting everything about this topic. Im in no way involved in this topic.
vladmirbsl69
vladmirbsl69

Back to top Go down

Post by The Mad Hatter 20/5/2010, 16:36

You guys need a private forum.
The Mad Hatter
The Mad Hatter
Attention whore
Attention whore

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Greezy 20/5/2010, 16:51

We have many private forums. Furgus can't access them though.
Young Greezy
Young Greezy
Scrim Team Captain
Scrim Team Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Kinseth 21/6/2010, 14:16

jameless wrote:

Becoming a member does not mean that you can disrespect admins. I have a full time job and a family that I take care all the time. I spent a few hours trying to get this thing working so that everyone can have a better time playing on the server. It was done because of a request by quite a few of our members.

You are very ignorant Furgus. Your ideas are all half baked. You think you are so smart but you're a twerp. We can't implement half the things you sputter out of your mouth because you don't understand the coding nor the operations behind a game server. The rage you create for me on a daily basis has made me so furious lately.

On your app I waited til you had enough votes before I voted no, intentionally. I was trying to give you a chance to prove me wrong about you. But apparently not. I don't like you at all Furgus. Don't post responses to my posts as I could care less about your opinion about the time that I spend doing things for the people I consider to be my friends.

GROW UP! Evil or Very Mad

Im not gonna read it all. im gonna assume the gist of it. I see NOTHIGN wrong with what he said in that quote. He stated an opinion and gave a reason. I say hes entitled to waht he said in that quote. I not know him nor do I comment on any other post he made. Poppin my head back out now.
Kinseth
Kinseth

Back to top Go down

Post by Eraserhead 21/6/2010, 14:29

You should have read the original topic and the context. Jameless asked everyone to respond in a certain way. If you wanted changes to the class limits then tell which classes, what amounts and when unlocked etc. He specified this clearly. What Furgus did was not constructive and Jameless spent a lot of time on perfecting it. I have experienced the same with Furgus. Long texts from myself explaining things and then a short and uninterested hastily reply from him.
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kinseth 21/6/2010, 14:31

Eraserhead wrote:You should have read the original topic and the context. Jameless asked everyone to respond in a certain way. If you wanted changes to the class limits then tell which classes, what amounts and when unlocked etc. He specified this clearly. What Furgus did was not constructive and Jameless spent a lot of time on perfecting it. I have experienced the same with Furgus. Long texts from myself explaining things and then a short and uninterested hastily reply from him.

I revoke my previous comment then til I meet Furgus myself.
Kinseth
Kinseth

Back to top Go down

Post by jameless 21/6/2010, 14:52

Yes Kinseth this was not solely in response to the comment. It was in response to the situation. Whether I, Furgus, or anyone else describes it to you it would not equate to being there.

We have a flame thrower section for a reason. If you feel like you have to rage on someone it is a place to get out your frustration.

I would like to point out however, that since this post Furgus has not frustrated me one bit.
jameless
jameless
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down