Pulp Fortress forum archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SF / ESF Practice Every ___

+2
Young Greezy
Google
6 posters

Go down

SF / ESF Practice Every ___ Empty SF / ESF Practice Every ___

Post by Google 7/6/2010, 17:46

Upon the arrival of Summer and recent lobby matches, I would like to schedule a SF and ESF [separately so it can fit their timezones] to have a practice with lobbies every other week for one day or one day from a 3 week range or something like that. I say that we should practice as a team because we get to bond together Very Happy. We also need to get the ESF ready[maybe wait for cCc to finally merge with PULP then they apply for the ESF?].

The reason why I'd like a lobby event every other week is because I'm starting to get tired of Orange and like always, I switch to stock maps. But, I don't like playing stock maps alone or with noobs. I don't want to do lobbies individually because it's not really fun, but with my fellow clan members I guess it would be fun. Also it's a good thing for us to get better so we won't get raped whenever we go to scrims or lobby events.

Although some of our clan members will have a vacation going to another place, we do have backup scrim players but if they are not available, we can get regular clan members[as our clan is expanding rapidly].

I don't know if I left anything out, but feel free to leave any comments/criticism/etc.

This is a serious thread, if you will just hi-jack this thread or you think you might hi-jack this thread, please leave. Read your post before posting and check to see if it makes sense or if it will lead to a hi-jacking.

Thanks in advance.

----
EDIT: 6/8/10
Google wrote:
I think this should be only effective during Summer. Maybe we should have a sign-up area for "The PULP Training Program" as it will only happen during Summer and will guarantee that you will be better than you are right now." We can confirm who from the SF and ESF are able to come and if the backups are able to come. If we do not have all the spots filled, we will recruit regular clan members. But we don't really need to fill up all the backup spots.

There should be a Sign-Up thread which has every week[or every other week] listed and a table on what class with the starters and backups[like on the SF Manifest thread] then people will post on which class they would like to play on which week. Then people can sign up on which class they want to be. It will be on a first-come first-served basis. For example, if I sign up for Demoman, then Eraser signs up for Demoman, then I will be the starter Demoman and Eraser would be the Backup1 Demoman.

I think every other week is great because most of us here have school and will have Summer vacation. So, I think that we could spend at least 2 hours every week[or every other week].

I'm not saying that people from the SF and ESF have to join, but if they are willing to give up 2 hours of their time during the week. Since we have a rapidly growing clan, we can have other clan members joining in the event. So eventually, when it is about time for most of us to return to school, we will be a well-improved and stronger clan.

Google wrote:Instead of having a starter, backup1, and backup2, maybe there can be Game 1, Game 2, Game 3, Game 4, etc. This would allow more people to play. After the 1st game is over, then the team for the 2nd team goes. The amount of games that will be hosted can be whatever. If you participate in one of the games, you MUST participate in at least 1 or 2 more games[still deciding] due to that fact that this program will make you improved in TF2 and having 1 game each week will not improve you.[FYI: A game lasts 5 rounds, which maybe short at some times].

Also, if you want to be in this program you MUST show up at least X[maybe 3-6? depends] weeks during this program. The reason for this is because you can't improve greatly during 1 week. This program will last 10-11 weeks.

[OPTIONAL:]There shouldn't be anybody who plays consecutively[like I play for Game 1 & 2] but if there are spots to be filled, then you will be allowed to play consecutively.

I am still thinking about this idea, but maybe it would be better to play consecutively. Like Games 1 & 2 will be TEAM A , Games 3 & 4 will be TEAM B , Games 5 & 6 will be TEAM C, and so on and so forth. I was thinking 9 games each week[we need to see first who is actually interested in this program then adjust the amount of games in needed]

Last edited by Google on 8/6/2010, 20:18; edited 2 times in total
Google
Google
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

SF / ESF Practice Every ___ Empty Re: SF / ESF Practice Every ___

Post by Young Greezy 7/6/2010, 18:30

I'm done exams on the 18th, and you can sure as hell bet that when I'm done, you'll be seeing the official PULP SF/ESF faceoff.
Young Greezy
Young Greezy
Scrim Team Captain
Scrim Team Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicobbq 7/6/2010, 18:36

I have a full-time job for the summer.
I work from 8 AM to 5 PM EST everyday.
I usually do something on friday night.

Im almost always available monday through thursday night
Im almost always available saturday and sunday in the morning and afternoon, sometime in the night when im not doing anything with my friends.

Hope we will meet this summer!
Nicobbq
Nicobbq
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Google 7/6/2010, 20:24

Nicobbq wrote:I have a full-time job for the summer.
I work from 8 AM to 5 PM EST everyday.
I usually do something on friday night.

Im almost always available monday through thursday night
Im almost always available saturday and sunday in the morning and afternoon, sometime in the night when im not doing anything with my friends.

Hope we will meet this summer!
Night events would be great because you can chill w/ your friends, work, or w/e and then rest then play. During afternoons, mostly people are busy doing stuff =/ .
Google
Google
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonesie|UKCS| 8/6/2010, 12:36

Google. This match will be arranged WHEN I get my team FULL! We've already had a discussion about the ESF challenging the SF. I need more people in my team, before we start challenging!

Jonesie|UKCS|
I am banned, sad face! Unban me! I don't deserve it !

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicobbq 8/6/2010, 12:54

Jonesie wrote:Google. This match will be arranged WHEN I get my team FULL! We've already had a discussion about the ESF challenging the SF. I need more people in my team, before we start challenging!

Dude, have you read the thread...he's not talking about a SF VS ESF. He's talking about organizing lobbies to get better ... lol
Nicobbq
Nicobbq
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonesie|UKCS| 8/6/2010, 13:03

Ohhhhhh, well, the ESF can get ebtter just playing official maps. No need for the TF2LOBBY.

Jonesie|UKCS|

Back to top Go down

Post by Cake 8/6/2010, 13:33

I think it is important for us to use tf2lobby to practice our own ESF tactics. I guess that a lot of the players in tf2lobby are (very) good players.
Cake
Cake
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by FUBAR 8/6/2010, 13:44

i have a fulltime job ,

i work from monday to friday from 7 AM ( CET ) till 3 PM ( CET ) ,
on weekdays i'm available from +/- 6:30 PM ( CET ) till +/- 11 PM ( CET )

but i have to work a lot in the weekends the next months ( 1 or 2 days / week!!!) from 7 AM ( CET ) till 3 PM ( CET ) , a colleague quitted suddenly 2 weeks ago , so i have to fill the open spot until ???
FUBAR
FUBAR
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

http://www.pulpfortress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Greezy 8/6/2010, 16:03

Jonesie, TF2lobby is a very important tool. It's excellent for filling spots, and for organizing everything.
Young Greezy
Young Greezy
Scrim Team Captain
Scrim Team Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Google 8/6/2010, 17:12

FUBAR wrote:i have a fulltime job ,

i work from monday to friday from 7 AM ( CET ) till 3 PM ( CET ) ,
on weekdays i'm available from +/- 6:30 PM ( CET ) till +/- 11 PM ( CET )

but i have to work a lot in the weekends the next months ( 1 or 2 days / week!!!) from 7 AM ( CET ) till 3 PM ( CET ) , a colleague quitted suddenly 2 weeks ago , so i have to fill the open spot until ???
Well as I said before, "Although some of our clan members will have a vacation going to another place, we do have backup scrim players but if they are not available, we can get regular clan members[as our clan is expanding rapidly]."

This is so that people don't feel left out lol.

-----
I think this should be only effective during Summer. Maybe we should have a sign-up area for "The PULP Training Program" as it will only happen during Summer and will guarantee that you will be better than you are right now." We can confirm who from the SF and ESF are able to come and if the backups are able to come. If we do not have all the spots filled, we will recruit regular clan members. But we don't really need to fill up all the backup spots.

There should be a Sign-Up thread which has every week[or every other week] listed and a table on what class with the starters and backups[like on the SF Manifest thread] then people will post on which class they would like to play on which week. Then people can sign up on which class they want to be. It will be on a first-come first-served basis. For example, if I sign up for Demoman, then Eraser signs up for Demoman, then I will be the starter Demoman and Eraser would be the Backup1 Demoman.

I think every other week is great because most of us here have school and will have Summer vacation. So, I think that we could spend at least 2 hours every week[or every other week].

I'm not saying that people from the SF and ESF have to join, but if they are willing to give up 2 hours of their time during the week. Since we have a rapidly growing clan, we can have other clan members joining in the event. So eventually, when it is about time for most of us to return to school, we will be a well-improved and stronger clan.
Google
Google
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Greezy 8/6/2010, 17:48

Google, this sounds like an excellent idea. If you want to contact me via steam, we can talk about this and how we can make it work, and we can post a sticky.
Young Greezy
Young Greezy
Scrim Team Captain
Scrim Team Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Google 8/6/2010, 17:54

Young Greezy wrote:Google, this sounds like an excellent idea. If you want to contact me via steam, we can talk about this and how we can make it work, and we can post a sticky.
Alright, but later this day. I have to study =/ .
Google
Google
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Greezy 8/6/2010, 17:59

Haha same. Finals :S
Young Greezy
Young Greezy
Scrim Team Captain
Scrim Team Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Google 8/6/2010, 20:17

Well I need to correct my previous post and feel the need to make this separately.

Instead of having a starter, backup1, and backup2, maybe there can be Game 1, Game 2, Game 3, Game 4, etc. This would allow more people to play. After the 1st game is over, then the team for the 2nd team goes. The amount of games that will be hosted can be whatever. If you participate in one of the games, you MUST participate in at least 1 or 2 more games[still deciding] due to that fact that this program will make you improved in TF2 and having 1 game each week will not improve you.[FYI: A game lasts 5 rounds, which maybe short at some times].

Also, if you want to be in this program you MUST show up at least X[maybe 3-6? depends] weeks during this program. The reason for this is because you can't improve greatly during 1 week. This program will last 10-11 weeks.

[OPTIONAL:]There shouldn't be anybody who plays consecutively[like I play for Game 1 & 2] but if there are spots to be filled, then you will be allowed to play consecutively.

I am still thinking about this idea, but maybe it would be better to play consecutively. Like Games 1 & 2 will be TEAM A , Games 3 & 4 will be TEAM B , Games 5 & 6 will be TEAM C, and so on and so forth. I was thinking 9 games each week[we need to see first who is actually interested in this program then adjust the amount of games in needed]
Google
Google
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Cake 9/6/2010, 11:06

Maybe you should rename this topic to ''PULP Summer School!''
Cake
Cake
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by FUBAR 9/6/2010, 12:08

No, call it 'PULP-bootcamp'
FUBAR
FUBAR
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

http://www.pulpfortress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Greezy 9/6/2010, 14:15

When the final topic comes, all these names will be considered. I do like boot camp and summer school equally though...this will be tough.
Young Greezy
Young Greezy
Scrim Team Captain
Scrim Team Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down