Pulp Fortress forum archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hot laptop -> grab some eggs and a pan!

3 posters

Go down

Hot laptop -> grab some eggs and a pan! Empty Hot laptop -> grab some eggs and a pan!

Post by Epps 29/6/2010, 20:38

Today I was playing Fallout 3 after downloading a bunch of new mods. About 2 hours later I suddenly noticed that my hand felt like it was burning. Turns out my casing was freaking hot so I alt+tabbed out of FO3 and into CPUID-HM to see the temperatures:
Hot laptop -> grab some eggs and a pan! Ow_wo_10
The Fujitsu is my internal Hard Drive, came with my laptop and is secured with HP ProtectSmart so I can't replace it Sad

This is the first time my CPU's went above 70 degrees celsius (all the other things are good, except my 1.5 year old battery) and well, I just felt like sharing this. Cary on!
Epps
Epps
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!

http://www.epps.nl

Back to top Go down

Hot laptop -> grab some eggs and a pan! Empty Re: Hot laptop -> grab some eggs and a pan!

Post by Google 29/6/2010, 21:14

2 year old battery bitch . Btw you only need the laptop and eggs .
Google
Google
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Hot laptop -> grab some eggs and a pan! Empty Re: Hot laptop -> grab some eggs and a pan!

Post by PAPA Pappas 3/8/2010, 10:05

I was running win 7 64x on my mac book with some pirated drivers... Bad idea... I closed my lap top put it in my bag and for some reason it didn't go to sleep. I noticed my back was all sweaty a few hrs later and my backpack turned into lava!
PAPA Pappas
PAPA Pappas

Back to top Go down

Post by Epps 3/8/2010, 15:26

LOL! I have had the same once (kinda). I was traveling to Amsterdam by train and I was sitting in First class due to a special upgrade action they had. Anyway over here there are electrical sockets in first class (VIRM-4 for the win!) so I plugged my laptop in. When I neared Amsterdam I closed the lid an put it in my bag. Thing is, I changed the power settings on my laptop so it wont do anything when I close the lid while on external power. 30 minutes later I noticed a burning smell...
Bag was clean, laptop was just HOT but still works up to this day.

Edit: The battery is only one year old but unlike most laptop users I keep my laptop on 24/7 (uptime is atm 5 days and 18 hours lol). Anyway my stepfather works for a company which rents laptops so I can play the old switch-a-roo when I need a new battery Razz
Epps
Epps
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!

http://www.epps.nl

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down