Pulp Fortress forum archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

READ THIS: Getting tired of those who bash on the ESF!

+3
Lord Zurkov
vladmirbsl69
Epps
7 posters

Go down

READ THIS: Getting tired of those who bash on the ESF! Empty READ THIS: Getting tired of those who bash on the ESF!

Post by Epps 4/7/2010, 19:37

I don't know about the other ESF members but I am getting rather tired of those who keep on bashing on the ESF. For some reason people start to call us obsolete, a unorganized group and even unnecessary. Guess what, not everyone here lives in the ow-so-great USA or Canada. There are European members here who want to play competitive and in case you don't know, we life in a way different timezone then you guys. We simply can't make the SF scrims/pugs because of the time. Most of us are either sleeping or bloody tired because most SF pugs/scrims are in the late night or early morning. So what? You expect us to leave Pulp for a different clan who does scrims in gmt/gmt+1? HELL NO!

The reason why we don't scrim? Because our team is still fresh! We now finally have enough members for a full team complete with back-up players. We have hardly practiced/played together yet which is a bad thing; we want to be a team, not a group of individuals. We want to know exactly what to expect from each other, be able to trust and get a good chemistry going because that is one of the most vital things in a team! That's why we are still practicing instead of jumping straight into pro scrims. Ow, and for those interested, we are planning on doing scrims and (random) lobby matches later this summer, but before doing so we just want to be a team. If you think that's stupid then good luck ever being part of a team, you selfish bastard!

Also Jonesie is doing his stinking best on pulling this together. He does EVERYTHING in the precious little spare time he has, cut him some slack will you? Yes I know Jonesie can defend himself but hey, he is my captain, no OUR captain so I will back him up! So allow me to tell you this; the next person who even thinks about lowering our moral with their insignificant crappy little opinions will receive a nice warning from me for being acting like a pants-on-head-retarded dick. So my advise for these people, instead of bashing on us why not bash your head against a wall until you lose that urge, okay?

That's all, game on and please be civil enough so I won't have to make my threats come true.
Epps
Epps
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!

http://www.epps.nl

Back to top Go down

READ THIS: Getting tired of those who bash on the ESF! Empty Re: READ THIS: Getting tired of those who bash on the ESF!

Post by vladmirbsl69 4/7/2010, 19:43

i <3 the esf. i didnt even know this fued was going on. wtf guys not cool.
vladmirbsl69
vladmirbsl69

Back to top Go down

READ THIS: Getting tired of those who bash on the ESF! Empty Re: READ THIS: Getting tired of those who bash on the ESF!

Post by Lord Zurkov 4/7/2010, 20:21

...wat? The only hatin' on the ESF I've seen was in that one thread Chuck made (and almost all of it was admitted to be joking/trolling). Is there hatin' going on in the server or something? I haven't seen nearly enough hate on the forums to warrant an official "FUCK OFF" thread.
Lord Zurkov
Lord Zurkov
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jameless 4/7/2010, 20:38

Both the ESF and the SF are still in the makings. I think we all need to take a step back and realize that we are a group of friends playing a video game.

Anytime a group of people (cCc, the ESF, etc) is trying to get used to new surroundings there is an adjustment that needs to happen. cCc guys don't know all of us and may or may not be able to tell when one of us is joking around and thus may or may not reply to our comments. They also haven't had enough time to make friends with all of us to decide, "Hey look that dude is playing I want to join him." At any party I go to I always go straight to where my friends are and talk to him/her to help me figure out whoever else may be worth talking to.

As for the ESF, there are 2 different things going on here. These guys are trying to continue the Pulp name on a different side of the world than the SF. Once they get streamlined they will carry our name into scrims against other clans that also find their timezone a feasible playing time. So they are needed since our SF won't necessarily be able to play a scrim at a GMT time.

The other things happening is that some of us feel left out. We have a good group of players that don't fall in the category of SF or ESF. This group of players may or may not have skills but would love to have some kind of recognition for their abilities. I agree that bashing either group is not in good form. But we need to cut each other some slack.

So please let's not bash each other. We are of one group named Pulp. We need to make sure we get along so we can continue to have fun each day.

cheers
jameless
jameless
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Epps 4/7/2010, 20:42

Amen! Also, feel free to apply for the scrim team, it's all about using the best players with a proper chemistry.
Epps
Epps
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!

Back to top Go down

Post by ninji 4/7/2010, 20:52

I guess I never noticed these things that troubled you about peoples attitude to the ESF; and I want you to know that I don't think that way.

But I do wish the ESF were more active, perhaps you should connect to other clan servers in Europe, sign up on their forums, and set up a scrim. I don't think the ESF has had a proper scrim thus far; but, as you stated, the ESF is quite young, so maybe that is why. Regardless, y'all should really consider doing so.
ninji
ninji
Clan Member
Clan Member

http://www.tf2items.com/id/ijnin

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Greezy 4/7/2010, 22:12

There is bashing towards the ESF?
Young Greezy
Young Greezy
Scrim Team Captain
Scrim Team Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Epps 4/7/2010, 22:27

See the same thread with the cCc hatred...
Epps
Epps
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Greezy 5/7/2010, 00:00

I think that might have been just Vital, and I'm not sure if he was serious or trolling. That thread largely has nothing to do with the ESF.

The only thing I have to say to the ESF is that you're all too uppity about being "prepared" and making the team final. You've got starters, just play some scrims. Find some european clans and do it. I don't see why you keep saying you're not prepared.

But that's it.
Young Greezy
Young Greezy
Scrim Team Captain
Scrim Team Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Eraserhead 5/7/2010, 12:15

Recent insights i've learned on competitive:

-watch demo's you can download them from www.eseasports.com
-play lobby games, a lot
-watch more demo's
-get to know the competitive maps inside out
-find a main class and stick to it
-watch how successful players play your main class in demo's
-if you are going to scrim, then do it each day or at least a couple of days a week

If you just do a pug once a week it is not enough practice. The other teams who are around will beat you down. I've seen this in lobby games.

Right now the SF team is not even doing the things above. You really have to be a TF2 addict to become a succesful competitive player.

I agree that working as a team and having great chemistry is very important and i am glad to hear the ESF won the last pug.
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

http://www.pulpfortress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down