Pulp Fortress forum archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spawn camping

+6
Epps
Tendo
DrManette
Nicobbq
Panda
Eraserhead
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Spawn camping Empty Spawn camping

Post by Eraserhead 10/2/2010, 18:02

There are some orange servers that allow spawn camping. Our server does not allow this, it's against server rules. What do others have to say about this?
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

http://www.pulpfortress.com

Back to top Go down

Spawn camping Empty Re: Spawn camping

Post by Panda 10/2/2010, 18:07

The other orange servers are retards.
Panda
Panda

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10/2/2010, 18:08

of course it should be allowed. Unless you have ADD and cannot .5 seconds to respawn then spawn camping is totally legit.

I'd like for people to post arguments to prove me wrong.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicobbq 10/2/2010, 18:19

The fact that it is a .5 seconds respawn time doesn't change the fact that is is really annoying to get killed Inside your spawn. You should be able to walk out of your spawn before getting killed.

Most servers where I play allow people to go into spawn when fighting for the LAST point since winning the last point in orange x3 can be tricky. But never on any other occasions are people allowed to go into spawn.

I think it should stay the way it is, NO SPAWN CAMPING.

That's my opinion of course.
Nicobbq
Nicobbq
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DrManette 10/2/2010, 18:24

Absolutely NO spawn camping. That should include SPIES taking teleporters and SCOUTS with the double jump. The spawn is a safe zone and should stay that way.
DrManette
DrManette

http://www.biofoxgames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tendo 10/2/2010, 19:43

I also think that it is not very fun being spawn camped. Yes, the spawn should be kept safe. Its a safe room for that team and just because whitewolf didnt put spawn protection, doesnt mean he didnt want it. As most of us know, there is a final for Orange_x3 with blockers and such...so clearly he didnt want spawn camping.

Also, if you need to spawn camp to get kills, go play xbox like the little noob you are. This is Erasers server and he made the rules to be fair.
I have been on lots of servers who say no camping, and people obey it, so its not hard.

Scrubs can bitch, annoy and bug the hell out of us, and we dont need campers to add to it.

This argument is stupid.
Tendo
Tendo
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Epps 10/2/2010, 19:58

-The other orange servers are idiotic and the right place for those who want to spawncamp.
-Yes there is a short respawn time, that doesn't take away the fact that it is fucking annoying when someone does it, let alone if more then 1 person does it.
-It spoils the game for those who want to play

Pulp has always been a no spawncamp server which is why I love it so much. Spawncamping is for morons who just bought the game and think that thay are 1337 hax0rs because they can kill a person who just respawned.
Epps
Epps
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!

http://www.epps.nl

Back to top Go down

Post by Firestar 10/2/2010, 22:28

Four points:
1. Your rank gets lowered, and your KD gets worse.
2. The .5 seconds add up. Even if you only have to wait .5 seconds, that doesn't mean it only happens once, especially if it's the sentry-and-engineer-and-the-rest-of-the-blu-team kind of spawn camping. You die again, and again, and again, so pretty much, until someone manages to cloak, disguise, and kill the entire team immediately after spawning without dying, then no one really plays at all.
3. The main arguement made by exploit griefers is that if it's in the game, it supposed to happen, which is just bullshit. All the "open spawn" means is that Whitewolf was either too lazy or didnt know how to put in spawn protection.
4. This is also a matter for the clan. Even if you give amazing arguements and fabulous speeches, it's gonna stay the way we want it to stay.
Firestar
Firestar

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicobbq 10/2/2010, 22:54

Firestar wrote:Four points:
2. The .5 seconds add up. Even if you only have to wait .5 seconds, that doesn't mean it only happens once, especially if it's the sentry-and-engineer-and-the-rest-of-the-blu-team kind of spawn camping. You die again, and again, and again, so pretty much, until someone manages to cloak, disguise, and kill the entire team immediately after spawning without dying, then no one really plays at all.
3. The main arguement made by exploit griefers is that if it's in the game, it supposed to happen, which is just bullshit. All the "open spawn" means is that Whitewolf was either too lazy or didnt know how to put in spawn protection.
4. This is also a matter for the clan. Even if you give amazing arguements and fabulous speeches, it's gonna stay the way we want it to stay.

I'm awarding you 5 Pulp Points!
Nicobbq
Nicobbq
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by miht 10/2/2010, 22:59

Tendo wrote:I also think that it is not very fun being spawn camped. Yes, the spawn should be kept safe. Its a safe room for that team and just because whitewolf didnt put spawn protection, doesnt mean he didnt want it. As most of us know, there is a final for Orange_x3 with blockers and such...so clearly he didnt want spawn camping.

Also, if you need to spawn camp to get kills, go play xbox like the little noob you are. This is Erasers server and he made the rules to be fair.
I have been on lots of servers who say no camping, and people obey it, so its not hard.

Scrubs can bitch, annoy and bug the hell out of us, and we dont need campers to add to it.

This argument is stupid.
xbox is fun.
miht
miht
Junior Game Admin
Junior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Epps 10/2/2010, 23:04

Nicobbq wrote:

I'm awarding you 5 Pulp Points!
Ow great, now I have to backorder some new Pulp Points because you gave away the last 5 we had in stock Neutral
Epps
Epps
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!

Back to top Go down

Post by Taboo 10/2/2010, 23:11

Eraserhead wrote:There are some orange servers that allow spawn camping. Our server does not allow this, it's against server rules. What do others have to say about this?

If other servers allow it, then what does it have to do with us? If our rules say no spawn camping then don't spawn camp. It's that simple. If it's the rules then no one should say anything against it. This topic is stupid.
Taboo
Taboo
Acting Game Admin
Acting Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Firestar 10/2/2010, 23:12

Taboo wrote:
Eraserhead wrote:There are some orange servers that allow spawn camping. Our server does not allow this, it's against server rules. What do others have to say about this?

If other servers allow it, then what does it have to do with us? If our rules say no spawn camping then don't spawn camp. It's that simple. If it's the rules then no one should say anything against it. This topic is stupid.

I totally agree.
Firestar
Firestar

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Zurkov 11/2/2010, 01:20

Heavy is pretty much the only class that can't get into the BLU spawn.
RED spawn is only accessible to Demomen, Scouts, Soldiers, Engineers, and maybe Medics.

I don't really have anything against players entering the spawn, but I do have something against spawncampers. Messing with teleporter entrances is a legitimate (although unfair) method of dealing with an Engineer, since teleporter entrances are always exposed in stock maps.

I suggest people be allowed to enter spawn, but we have a spawn-protection system implemented.
Lord Zurkov
Lord Zurkov
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Epps 11/2/2010, 08:37

Lord Zurkov wrote:Heavy is pretty much the only class that can't get into the BLU spawn.
RED spawn is only accessible to Demomen, Scouts, Soldiers, Engineers, and maybe Medics.
Play Heavy, roll speed for 20 seconds Twisted Evil

Back on-topic, I won't mind people entering the spawn and killing in the spawn when no one comes out of it. Snipers, heavy's etc that keep spamming bullets and arrows and run to the resuply locker if they got hit... So annoying -.-
Just don't stick around for too long, the message is send, no stop spawnkilling.
Epps
Epps
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Zurkov 11/2/2010, 19:59

Sgt Pepper wrote:Back on-topic, I won't mind people entering the spawn and killing in the spawn when no one comes out of it. Snipers, heavy's etc that keep spamming bullets and arrows and run to the resuply locker if they got hit... So annoying -.-
Just don't stick around for too long, the message is send, no stop spawnkilling.
Spawn protection would do that nicely. If they're camping, you can blast them out of the spawn. You still wouldn't be able to spawn-camp.
Lord Zurkov
Lord Zurkov
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Firestar 11/2/2010, 21:44

Lord Zurkov wrote:Heavy is pretty much the only class that can't get into the BLU spawn.

What's the difference between the RED and BLU spawns?
Firestar
Firestar

Back to top Go down

Post by Epps 11/2/2010, 22:50

I believe the stair-thingy is a bit further away at the red spawn. Well at least that is how I experience it: when I'm on red (and I prefer blue btw) I have more trouble getting back inside spawn with my low HP then when I am on blue.

Okay, getting tired and I'm having trouble with writing decent English because of it....
Epps
Epps
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!

Back to top Go down

Post by Tendo 11/2/2010, 22:58

Lord Zurkov wrote:
I suggest people be allowed to enter spawn, but we have a spawn-protection system implemented.

We would need to remake the map (as i've done for other clans) but that would mean reloading, people would be put off (new map is scary for people) , etc etc.

We could make it stricter... but people dont look at the motd, generally. I think what we've got is good. Warning, kicks and bans.
Tendo
Tendo
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Eraserhead 12/2/2010, 01:32

Jameless and me have taken concrete action and tested a spawn and kill protection plugin on the pug server today! Maybe there is some tweaking needed but we installed it on orange just now!

It has the following features:

-if you spawn you will be invulnerable for 2 seconds (we can change that setting)
-if you spawn and do not move the party that shoots at you will be punished and gets the same damage as you get
-when walking around the map and you are typing (chatting) while facing a wall you will receive kill protection as long as you don't move. Enemies can't kill you, in fact they can walk right through you

Maybe i have forgotten something or misinformed you about the features then Jameless will correct it.
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

http://www.pulpfortress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DrManette 12/2/2010, 01:33

We would need to remake the map (as i've done for other clans) but that would mean reloading, people would be put off (new map is scary for people) , etc etc.

We could make it stricter... but people dont look at the motd, generally. I think what we've got is good. Warning, kicks and bans.

I agree, no need to redo the map. Warnings and bans work very well.
DrManette
DrManette

Back to top Go down

Post by Firestar 12/2/2010, 09:29

Eraserhead wrote:Jameless and me have taken concrete action and tested a spawn and kill protection plugin on the pug server today! Maybe there is some tweaking needed but we installed it on orange just now!

-if you spawn you will be invulnerable for 2 seconds (we can change that setting)
-if you spawn and do not move the party that shoots at you will be punished and gets the same damage as you get
-when walking around the map and you are typing (chatting) while facing a wall you will receive kill protection as long as you don't move. Enemies can't kill you, in fact they can walk right through you

Maybe i have forgotten something or misinformed you about the features then Jameless will correct it.

That sounds awesome! Should bring back some HL2DM memories...
Firestar
Firestar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 15/2/2010, 00:10

Seems im a bit late so ill start responding to all of you. I may not change your view, but I may change your thinking a bit. Oh and today I was playing on a surf map and these 2 heavies came in and spawn camped us and I was engy. guess what I did on my .5 respawn time? thats right, spawned, shot 2 whole shotgun rounds into one of them, died, repeat the process, and both of them were dead after 2-3 lives! Boy that was hard!

Nicobbq wrote:The fact that it is a .5 seconds respawn time doesn't change the fact that is is really annoying to get killed Inside your spawn. You should be able to walk out of your spawn before getting killed.

Most servers where I play allow people to go into spawn when fighting for the LAST point since winning the last point in orange x3 can be tricky. But never on any other occasions are people allowed to go into spawn.

I think it should stay the way it is, NO SPAWN CAMPING.

That's my opinion of course.

Ok so what? you get killed in your spawn. Just respawn and shoot the guy and get on your way. is it my fault you can't aim and hit a 125 hp scout that has no resupply cabinet or respawns?

DrManette wrote:Absolutely NO spawn camping. That should include SPIES taking teleporters and SCOUTS with the double jump. The spawn is a safe zone and should stay that way.

Please provide some reasons why there should be no spawn camping

Tendo wrote:I also think that it is not very fun being spawn camped. Yes, the spawn should be kept safe. Its a safe room for that team and just because whitewolf didnt put spawn protection, doesnt mean he didnt want it. As most of us know, there is a final for Orange_x3 with blockers and such...so clearly he didnt want spawn camping.

This argument is stupid.

Don't get me wrong i don't like to die in spawn either.... when the respawn timer is 20 seconds. Respawn, and shoot the guy. Can't do that? then stop playing the fucking game. You respawn .5 seconds later. Cry some more. You might as well ban demo and stickying up choke points. It's a legit strategy, why? Because they are NOT invincible and YOU respawn .5 seconds later to shoot the guy!

Sgt Pepper wrote:-The other orange servers are idiotic and the right place for those who want to spawncamp.
-Yes there is a short respawn time, that doesn't take away the fact that it is fucking annoying when someone does it, let alone if more then 1 person does it.
-It spoils the game for those who want to play

Pulp has always been a no spawncamp server which is why I love it so much. Spawncamping is for morons who just bought the game and think that thay are 1337 hax0rs because they can kill a person who just respawned.

If you "get annoyed" that somebody killed you in your spawn, is it his fault you didnt pay attention to shoot the guy? And the guy is probably low on health and ammo too, it's a giant ass field to get to the enemy spawn. Respawn and shoot the guy, i HIGHLY doubt you're getting killed enough times for it to be "annoying"

Im assuming we're now talking about a stock map spawn camping. Uber a pyro and clear em out. Congrats you're done. And guess what that demo did while he held off a bunch of your team in your spawn? His team capped a few points! Demo is credit to teem!

Eraserhead wrote:Jameless and me have taken concrete action and tested a spawn and kill protection plugin on the pug server today! Maybe there is some tweaking needed but we installed it on orange just now!

What's that sandvich? Go invincible medic and stand in a corner and heal? Good idea!

Also I could go invincible sniper and STAND in a corner and shoot, same with spy and jump into enemy base

Back to top Go down

Post by Firestar 15/2/2010, 00:49

wtfisabullet wrote:Seems im a bit late so ill start responding to all of you. I may not change your view, but I may change your thinking a bit. Oh and today I was playing on a surf map and these 2 heavies came in and spawn camped us and I was engy. guess what I did on my .5 respawn time? thats right, spawned, shot 2 whole shotgun rounds into one of them, died, repeat the process, and both of them were dead after 2-3 lives! Boy that was hard!

Ok so what? you get killed in your spawn. Just respawn and shoot the guy and get on your way. is it my fault you can't aim and hit a 125 hp scout that has no resupply cabinet or respawns?

Don't get me wrong i don't like to die in spawn either.... when the respawn timer is 20 seconds. Respawn, and shoot the guy. Can't do that? then stop playing the fucking game. You respawn .5 seconds later. Cry some more. You might as well ban demo and stickying up choke points. It's a legit strategy, why? Because they are NOT invincible and YOU respawn .5 seconds later to shoot the guy!

If you "get annoyed" that somebody killed you in your spawn, is it his fault you didnt pay attention to shoot the guy? And the guy is probably low on health and ammo too, it's a giant ass field to get to the enemy spawn. Respawn and shoot the guy, i HIGHLY doubt you're getting killed enough times for it to be "annoying"

Im assuming we're now talking about a stock map spawn camping. Uber a pyro and clear em out. Congrats you're done. And guess what that demo did while he held off a bunch of your team in your spawn? His team capped a few points! Demo is credit to teem!

What's that sandvich? Go invincible medic and stand in a corner and heal? Good idea!

Also I could go invincible sniper and STAND in a corner and shoot, same with spy and jump into enemy base

Okay, well, erm, we did give plenty of reasons. I wasn't talking about stock maps, I said Whitewolf, in case you didn't know, he made Orange_x3. And I'm not sure what you're talking about with the invincibility thing...
We could very well have some new players who have no idea what to do. We could have regulars who stop coming because they can't even leave their own spawn. But either way, it's totally resolved now. Go ahead and spawn camp, bullet, we don't mind!
Firestar
Firestar

Back to top Go down

Post by DrManette 15/2/2010, 13:35

I think everyone else covered that, not that the people who run the server (AKA the ADMINS) need a reason at all. Don't spawn camp, end of story.

Cry some more.
DrManette
DrManette

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next