Pulp Fortress forum archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone wanna make a movie?

+4
DrManette
Jonesie|UKCS|
Nicobbq
Firestar
8 posters

Go down

Anyone wanna make a movie? Empty Anyone wanna make a movie?

Post by Firestar 13/2/2010, 12:38

Well I've been looking into a lot of video editing stuff, and I've gotten some ideas for either a L4D or a TF2 movie, where it just introduces each person. For example, it shows Nick in 3rd person maybe swingin through some zombies with an axe, and right when he finishes swinging with the axe in the air, it freezes, and everything but him turns that dirty yellow, and it says NICK. And so on, or we could do this with TF2 characters, would be a bit easier. The only thing I'm not sure of how to do is spectating in L4D/L4D2... I can do the rest, but of course, I'll need a couple actors, too...
Firestar
Firestar

Back to top Go down

Anyone wanna make a movie? Empty Re: Anyone wanna make a movie?

Post by Nicobbq 13/2/2010, 12:53

TF2 Movie yes
Nicobbq
Nicobbq
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonesie|UKCS| 13/2/2010, 12:59

TF2 MOVIE PLEASE

Jonesie|UKCS|
I am banned, sad face! Unban me! I don't deserve it !
I am banned, sad face! Unban me! I don't deserve it !

Back to top Go down

Post by DrManette 13/2/2010, 13:29

YESSSS!

TF2 ftw
DrManette
DrManette

http://www.biofoxgames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Socrates187 13/2/2010, 14:46

i am approve
Socrates187
Socrates187
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Firestar 13/2/2010, 15:09

Mmm well I was hoping for the L4D2 movie, but this'll be good practice. This is what I'm thinking: We do each class, no bias-ness, showing off their special skill: I.E, a sniper headshotting, A pyro airblasting, maybe just flaming a team, stuff like that. After each class shows their ability, it freezes and some kind of TF2-like background appears behind them and it says THE _____ in nice big TF2 letters.

Any other suggestions would be welcome, but I like this idea.

So when do you guys wanna do this? I can pretty much anytime this weekend, I'll take care of the recording, and of course, we don't have to film it all at the same time.

Oh and is there anyone that wants to do a L4D2 movie?
Firestar
Firestar

Back to top Go down

Post by Firestar 13/2/2010, 18:07

Okay, this is how I've planned it so far:
The Medic runs out and starts healing The Soldier. We could have him uber, but that would be a bit too big, so I think he should just start healing him. The Scout runs up from behind and kills the Medic with a bat while the Solly pays no attention and runs off. The Scout chases him right into a sentry hive, or at least one sentry, and the Engi laughs while the Scout explodes. The Engi then looks down, and sees the six or seven sticky bombs by his feet. Clusterfuck. The Demo runs around a corner into The Heavy, who rips him apart. The Heavy keeps advancing while shooting as we move up to a Sniper on the top, who takes careful aim, and shoots him in the head. The Sniper does his taunt as The Spy uncloaks behind him, and stabs him in the back. The Spy jumps down while disguising, and gets blown up by a rocket. The Soldier then does his Rocket Launcher taunt, as he notices that he's standing on train tracks (or some other killing entity).

Every time a character is introduced, I.E. the Spy, it freezes at a critical/awesome moment, like right before he brings the knife down, and the background switches to the team color and their name pops up.

What do you guys think?

Last edited by Firestar on 13/2/2010, 19:16; edited 2 times in total
Firestar
Firestar

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Zurkov 13/2/2010, 18:40

Sounds like a cross between the two pre-beta trailers for TF2, except updated.
Lord Zurkov
Lord Zurkov
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Firestar 13/2/2010, 19:12

Lord Zurkov wrote:Sounds like a cross between the two pre-beta trailers for TF2, except updated.

Exactly. But this will have (of course) the final looks of TF2, and all the classes in it.

On a related note, I need to be able to turn everything on the HUD off, including the cap points at the bottom and the name that pops up when I hover over someone.
Firestar
Firestar

Back to top Go down

Post by Epps 13/2/2010, 19:15

Sounds nice an I'm sure one or two things will be changed while recording. Just have to see how it all works out. Any idea for a map? I believe you wanted to do it on a stock map. Ow well, I'm sure Eraserhead wouldn't mind us using the pug server for this (would be great advertisement for us as well tongue ).

Just one thing, where's the pyro?
Epps
Epps
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!

http://www.epps.nl

Back to top Go down

Post by Epps 13/2/2010, 19:16

Also, for hiding the hud:

* Q. Is there anyway to turn the HUD on or off for use in a script?
* A. cl_hud_minmode set to "1" will give you a minimalist HUD view, you can also set this by going to your Options->Multiplayer. If you want to completely remove all HUD items though, you can use the commands cl_drawhud 0 to remove the HUD and r_drawviewmodel 0 to remove the gun (useful for screenshots), but Valve seem to have now classed these commands as cheats so they can only be used when sv_cheats is set to "1" --Aurora 01:00, 22 November 2007 (BST)

(from tf2wiki.net)
Epps
Epps
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!

Back to top Go down

Post by Firestar 13/2/2010, 19:18

Right, totally forgot the Pyro...
Where do you guys think I should put him?

I have an idea, how bout he torches the spy, deflects a rocket, then gets killed by the solly...
Firestar
Firestar

Back to top Go down

Post by Firestar 13/2/2010, 19:18

Sgt Pepper wrote:Also, for hiding the hud:

* Q. Is there anyway to turn the HUD on or off for use in a script?
* A. cl_hud_minmode set to "1" will give you a minimalist HUD view, you can also set this by going to your Options->Multiplayer. If you want to completely remove all HUD items though, you can use the commands cl_drawhud 0 to remove the HUD and r_drawviewmodel 0 to remove the gun (useful for screenshots), but Valve seem to have now classed these commands as cheats so they can only be used when sv_cheats is set to "1" --Aurora 01:00, 22 November 2007 (BST)

(from tf2wiki.net)

You need sv_cheats on for that one though...
Firestar
Firestar

Back to top Go down

Post by Eraserhead 13/2/2010, 19:27

sv_cheats can be turned on of course. I have had some moviemaking experience in the past and remember that every second of it needs to be action paced. So when you say that "a medic walks up" you need to envision from where does he walk up? Whats the setting? How long does that scene take? etc. People are used to flashy commercials and fast changing camera angles so bear that in mind. You could make a storyboard. Also you could let other people make the same recording but from different angles and after that you can combine them together.

I personally like all the voice taunts the classes have, like the scout 'you will never hit my tiny little head!' Altough i don't know how you can call those deliberately.
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

http://www.pulpfortress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Epps 13/2/2010, 20:01

Eraserhead wrote:I personally like all the voice taunts the classes have, like the scout 'you will never hit my tiny little head!' Altough i don't know how you can call those deliberately.
By extracting all the voices and adding them in the final product? Google fails me on this one :/

Not wanna hi-jack this but...
BLU Soldier runs out of spawn and shoots a rocket at an enemy (battle going on). BLU Medic walks up and starts healing the BLU Soldier who is an ass and doesn't check for enemies who attack his medic. Just as the NLU medic wants to pop an über a RED scout comes from behind and clubs the BLU medic to death (perhaps he stuns the medic first?). RED Scout runs away while the BLU soldier thinks he is about to be übered and runs straight into a RED sentry nest.
The RED Engi does his laughing taunt and gets blow into peaces by a BLU Demoman who goes on around a corner where a RED heavy stands. BLU Demoman charges (lol is impossible -> sticky launcher and targe) but the RED Heavy kills him. The RED heavy takes out his sandvich and starts eating it. A BLU Sniper headshots him (while scoped says something funny) and after killing he taunts. A RED Spy decloaks (I love the betaskin btw) and kills the BLU spy with a backstab. BLU Spy cloaks again but a RED Pyro is on to him and does what pyro's are good at: spychecking. As the BLU spy burns to death the RED Pyro taunts and gets ran over by a train.

Other idea's:
-Have the Pyro go underwater with his flametrower going all "why my flametrower no work?" while being attacked.

Sorry to hi-jack this, just want to contribute...
Epps
Epps
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!

Back to top Go down

Post by Firestar 13/2/2010, 22:27

Mhm well I'm too lazy to check, but does that include every class?
Firestar
Firestar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down