Pulp Fortress forum archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Few ideas. Plz comment

+7
Young Greezy
Nicobbq
Eraserhead
Epps
Jonesie|UKCS|
Socrates187
Furgus
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Few ideas. Plz comment Empty Few ideas. Plz comment

Post by Furgus 13/4/2010, 21:43

Idea List
1. People who cant join the clan because of age limit but stick around. Should have their own group called V.I.P.. (very important people) So it doesn't make them be left out. The only difference of this group would be that there names on the forums would be a color. Maybe purple if it wasn't taken.

2. I am thinking of creating a Clan WAR team for PULP. People who wish to play competitive and that are not in the scrim team could apply. I f you are in the scrim team. Your are not allowed to apply. I was thinking I use the scrim team back ups. We would practice normally and battle clans. This would help with advertising the clan and making it known out there to the big world.
Furgus
Furgus
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Few ideas. Plz comment Empty Re: Few ideas. Plz comment

Post by Socrates187 13/4/2010, 21:58

Yes. It is very good to see you active in PULP again. You really did a lot before you left.
Socrates187
Socrates187
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonesie|UKCS| 14/4/2010, 04:02

We've only just managed to get the Scrim Team up and running, Furgus. But, the management of another goup, we already have 4 groups now. I dont think managing another group will be good.

Jonesie|UKCS|
I am banned, sad face! Unban me! I don't deserve it !
I am banned, sad face! Unban me! I don't deserve it !

Back to top Go down

Post by Epps 14/4/2010, 07:41

1) We could call them regulars, like the few others who hang around here.
2) That sounds more like having a second scrim team to me and since we allready have 3 or 4 teams...
Epps
Epps
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!

http://www.epps.nl

Back to top Go down

Post by Eraserhead 14/4/2010, 09:29

Furgus wrote:Idea List
1. People who cant join the clan because of age limit but stick around. Should have their own group called V.I.P.. (very important people) So it doesn't make them be left out. The only difference of this group would be that there names on the forums would be a color. Maybe purple if it wasn't taken.

2. I am thinking of creating a Clan WAR team for PULP. People who wish to play competitive and that are not in the scrim team could apply. I f you are in the scrim team. Your are not allowed to apply. I was thinking I use the scrim team back ups. We would practice normally and battle clans. This would help with advertising the clan and making it known out there to the big world.

After the trial month is over you can read some of the topics in the scrim section, some are invisible for applicants.

1.VIP wouldn't be a good name because they are not the most important, from another perspective i would say if you made a group called 'PULP juniors' i think maybe people wouldn't like to be in it because maybe they would think it's not the status they want. I'm not sure. I know soccer clubs have junior teams. But then you should maybe make a sub-clan with a separate server. Frankly i think it won't work. That's why we introduced the age limit; to exclude people who are not mature enough.

2.I don't think that's a good idea. Me and Greezy spent a lot of time trying to find a good way of organizing pugs and scrims. We have recently formed a scrimteam after a lot of discussion and careful thought. People who are not in the scrimteam can still be a member of the Pugs steamgroup! Jonesie, did you invite Furgus for that group?

Not being in the scrimteam means you just need to improve your skills. Play more pugs. Play the 4 competitive classes more. Also our scrimteam is not made up out of 6 members only. We have 6 preferred members yes but for each class there is a backup, player and a second backup. When we get more competitive players they can apply for the scrim team and take up a 3rd or even 4th backup spot. If we get too many competitive players we could maybe even make two scrimteams or multiple players in second or first place and with each scrim they take turns.

I also renamed the scrimteam forum group to competitve players group. Being a member of this group means you have access to the scrim topics in the forum. See here: http://forum.pulpfortress.com/groupcp.forum

Applicants and clan members can be a part of this group. Being a member of this group will open up the following forums:

-Apply for the scrimteam (only apply if you have scrim or pug experience)
-General Scrim discussions
-Scrimteam tactics (to discuss an upcoming match)

I don't think a junior scrimteam should battle other clans, the idea is well meant but it would not be the kind of advertising we want for our clan i think. Unless the other clans have junior scrimteams too, but i'm sure thats not the case. Just let's keep it the way it is (which is complex already with 4 steamgroups and a scrimteam with backup players).

edit: I just added Furgus, Rustypan and Google to the competitive players group because i know they play in the pugs.

Last edited by Eraserhead on 15/4/2010, 07:22; edited 1 time in total
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

http://www.pulpfortress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Furgus 14/4/2010, 16:07

Pugs are for those who aren't good or decent in TF2. Some people that are good but not in the scrim team. But we could have only scrim team back ups. Because it get annoying when you want to play competitive but your not as good as this player or that player. I might have started pugs in this clan but I dont like pugs much. Ill play pugs i but I dont enjoy it much. It's not oragnized and it's not competitive.
Furgus
Furgus
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Few ideas. Plz comment Empty Some more suggestions

Post by Furgus 14/4/2010, 16:30

1. Whats the point of having Spawn Protection if it's disabled. I had a discussion with this guy the other day. And the jackass killed me by coming behind me from spawn. I believe the Jackass name was Shuffle something... But could we plz turn this Spawn Protection on. He killed me outside but because Spawn Protection was disabled he went inside spawn. And waited for me to be off guard.

2. I was thinking we add a music Player to the forum. I see in a lot of clans with it.

3.I was thinking in the game chat. Members, admins, server admins, scrim team members, maybe even applicants. Would have the colors like in the forums. Whenever they would type something on the game chat. There name would appear in the game chat in color like in the forums.

I guess this is it for now. Suggestions ideas???
Furgus
Furgus
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Epps 14/4/2010, 16:36

No need to make a new topic for the new ideas. Merged the topic to the first one.

Also:
1) Spawn protection is enabled, it gets disabled when you move after spawning. In other words, you wont get spawn protection when you re-enter spawn (map limiteds).
2) Sounds like a stupid idea to me. Most people who want to listen to music while browsing allready have their media player/youTube active. No need to add a function that is not going to be used.
3) If we would do that we would no longer be able to see who is on what team by looking at the chat. I don't know about you but I don't like having to memorize both teams. Besides, thats why we have the name tags.
Epps
Epps
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!

Back to top Go down

Post by Furgus 14/4/2010, 16:41

K pepper.
Furgus
Furgus
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicobbq 14/4/2010, 17:10

Same for me, I don't like any of those ideas.
Nicobbq
Nicobbq
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Furgus 14/4/2010, 17:14

Well I want to participate in the clan. Like I used to do with pugs. I want to do something. I'm just gonna build maps. Maybe create a spray for PULP.
Furgus
Furgus
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Epps 14/4/2010, 17:57

Ow feel free to contribute Smile (that goes out to all of you by the way)
Epps
Epps
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!

Back to top Go down

Post by Furgus 14/4/2010, 18:36

I know that Pepper but how?????????????
Furgus
Furgus
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Epps 14/4/2010, 20:46

Well that depends on what we need and on what you can do. At the moment the only thing that pops up in my head is a writer/photoshopper for the planned magazine. You can find info/apply for it over here.

As for other things, I have absolutely no idea...
Epps
Epps
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!

Back to top Go down

Post by Eraserhead 15/4/2010, 07:38

Furgus wrote:Pugs are for those who aren't good or decent in TF2. Some people that are good but not in the scrim team. But we could have only scrim team back ups. Because it get annoying when you want to play competitive but your not as good as this player or that player. I might have started pugs in this clan but I dont like pugs much. Ill play pugs i but I dont enjoy it much. It's not oragnized and it's not competitive.

I invite you to participate in the next pug we have sunday. You will experience that they have become VERY competitive. Since you have been away Greezy and me have lifted the pugs to a higher level:

-We have pre-arranged teams (everyone knows which class he has before the match starts, so people who are good at a certain class are the right man for the right job)
-We have a VIP server now that is password protected, you played there already
-Thanks to Jameless we have matchmod plugin on that server. This changes all the settings to simulate the ESEA and CEVO league servers and turns TF2 tournament mode on
-The teams are using microphones
-We are playing badlands/granary in every pug because those are the ones being played competitively

So don't you dare say it's not organized or not competitive. I suggest you go here and do some reading my friend: http://forum.pulpfortress.com/planned-events-f20/

Or better yet, watch some of the demo's we recorded of the pugs.
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Eraserhead 15/4/2010, 07:50

Furgus wrote:Well I want to participate in the clan. Like I used to do with pugs. I want to do something. I'm just gonna build maps. Maybe create a spray for PULP.

I was actually thinking about this the other day:

Sprays really attract attention. I have noticed that a lot of people:

-don't read their e-mail in time
-don't check the forum regularly
-don't see the steam events
-not always respond to chats (because they are idling or simply away but there status still says online)

I have experienced this when trying to find 12 players for a pug.

So my idea is to make a default spray that can be easily edited with information about an upcoming pug or scrim or other event. It should display the date, time and server IP maybe? Or just say: Go to www.pulpfortess.com and click Join VIP server. Or: Register at: http://forums.pulpfortress.com !
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Furgus 15/4/2010, 16:01

Yeah I tried that by creating a PULP spray including the Ip address of the server. But you could barely see it. Ill do the best I can but other than that. Now the orange map I'm creating will be a modification of orange. And on the wall outside of spawn. Will be the information for PULP. It will take up the whole wall. So it will be easy to understand the writing. On the wall it will talk about the clan. It will have the logo. And someother stuff about pugs or joining. Once I'm done with the map. Ill let you know.
Furgus
Furgus
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Furgus 15/4/2010, 16:05

And yeah I saw how you guys do you pugs. But that's not competitive. Competitive is when you play a tf2 and play with a team and participate in a league. Also I don't think the scrim team is playing in a league. So they are not playing competitively. Right now what they are doing is clan wars. Clan wars is where you gather a team up and battle clans. That is more competitive than pugs because your going against other people. Instead of your clan mates. I was gonna start a team for clan wars but you guys thought it wasn't a good idea.
Furgus
Furgus
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Eraserhead 15/4/2010, 16:28

Well thats just a semantics discussion then. Competitive from my point of view is just playing seriously with two teams against eachother according to competitive rules (6vs6 with the standard classes). But i see what you mean. I think playing the leagues is the next step, let us do the clan scrims first.

I don't think the IP needs to be in the spray. It could simply say this:

Register at: http://forums.pulpfortress.com !

In the forum you can announce details like IP, password, etc.
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Furgus 15/4/2010, 17:16

Well yeah. That's what I was gonna put on the wall. Ill talk to you when the map is done.
Furgus
Furgus
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Greezy 15/4/2010, 17:40

Yes, Eraserhead and I have worked very hard at bringing the pugs up to the next level, and they've really come along nicely. Don't forget to sign up for the Sunday PUG everyone!
Young Greezy
Young Greezy
Scrim Team Captain
Scrim Team Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Zurkov 16/4/2010, 01:15

I do believe that if we played in leagues we'd be ineligible to join the ETF2L Highlander Community Challenge. Razz
Lord Zurkov
Lord Zurkov
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Furgus 16/4/2010, 16:25

At least someone understands me. Thank you Zurkov. Also Greezy plz don't hi jack my thread by advertising for the pug.
Furgus
Furgus
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicobbq 16/4/2010, 16:31

That is no hijacking, he's just remembering people to sign up while were on the subject
kthxbai

</hijack>
Nicobbq
Nicobbq
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Furgus 16/4/2010, 16:33

JUst wait awhile. I bet someone will talk about the up coming pug. JUst got to wait. Be on the look out for H Few ideas. Plz comment 644577 I jackers.
Furgus
Furgus
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next