Pulp Fortress forum archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pulpfortress.com v2, ideas and suggestions?

+2
Furgus
Epps
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Pulpfortress.com v2, ideas and suggestions? Empty Pulpfortress.com v2, ideas and suggestions?

Post by Epps 20/12/2009, 04:38

Goodmorning everyone (well, it's morning over here Razz)

As you all know, we have a site. It's very basic (made in a hurry) and looks like a website from the late 1990's. I kinda dislike it because I know I can do a lot better then that. So I've been thinking about a new look for the site. I'll be rebuilding it from scratch and will look something like this:
Pulpfortress.com v2, ideas and suggestions? Pulp_v10
(click for a bigger picture)

I think it will look a lot better and that people will take us more serious with a better looking site like that. Please notice that I made that in PaintDotNet so I have no idea how it will look like as a site, but I think it will turn out nice. As you can see I have no idea what to do with the space on the right (looks silly to make it orange). I think the latest forumpost will be nice to have there but I have no idea how to do that although I think my best e-buddy Google knows how to do that Razz

Ow well, if there any suggestions or idea's, just post them!
Epps
Epps
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!

http://www.epps.nl

Back to top Go down

Pulpfortress.com v2, ideas and suggestions? Empty Re: Pulpfortress.com v2, ideas and suggestions?

Post by Furgus 20/12/2009, 07:31

yo I would say in the right in the page you can have the user info. Like when we go on pulp.com and if were logged in autimatically the user info apperas. User info: how many posts?, How long have you been in the clan?; bla bla bla and maybe also inculde the avatar.

Or

You can add a chat bar there. You get me?
Furgus
Furgus
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Pulpfortress.com v2, ideas and suggestions? Empty Re: Pulpfortress.com v2, ideas and suggestions?

Post by Eraserhead 20/12/2009, 09:26

Hey i like the new design, much better. Also i noticed the permalinks don't work yet. When i click rankings is still see the www.pulpfortress.com url instead of http://pulpfortress.clanservers.com/tf2stats/
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

http://www.pulpfortress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Epps 20/12/2009, 14:25

Yeah, I didn't worked on it yet and I'm properly not going to. Why?
1) I'm lazy Razz
2) The new version wont have this problem and will be up near new year's eve (unless I get too drunk with the holidays)

I allready made a testpage, including the css-sheet. Currently it has the Lorem Ipsum on it which is a fake latin text to see how the page will turn out. A screenshot can be found at the bottom of this message.
I've looked into displaying the latest forum posts on the right side, haven't found a thing yet but it should be possible, somehow at least...
The clock you see is in fact made in flash (easiest thing to make in flash is a clock EXDEE) and works like it should.
Now how to make a easy navigationmenu without having to copy html on every page....

Pulpfortress.com v2, ideas and suggestions? Screen10
Click for a bigger version Very Happy
Epps
Epps
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!

Back to top Go down

Post by Firestar 20/12/2009, 16:18

I like it!

Good job, Sgt. Pepper! Very Happy
Firestar
Firestar

Back to top Go down

Post by Epps 20/12/2009, 18:51

I got the latest forumposts working Very Happy
They will come up in a list with the last 9 posts and the reason that I'm posting this is to see if it works.
Epps
Epps
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!

Back to top Go down

Pulpfortress.com v2, ideas and suggestions? Empty IT'S HERE!

Post by Epps 21/12/2009, 18:13

People, it's on!
pulpfortress.com v2!
Epps
Epps
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!

Back to top Go down

Post by Furgus 21/12/2009, 18:32

nice good job!!!
Furgus
Furgus
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Firestar 21/12/2009, 21:21

AWESOME
Firestar
Firestar

Back to top Go down

Post by Furgus 23/12/2009, 22:43

Yo pepper try and put a shortcut for the ranking. Like on the homepage just add ranks.
Furgus
Furgus
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Epps 24/12/2009, 02:34

How could I forget that?! I even made a list of thingsto do....
Thanks for noticing dark soul. I'll add it as soon as I get out of bed
Epps
Epps
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!

Back to top Go down

Post by Eraserhead 24/12/2009, 07:18

Oh dear, the rankings are the most important Pepper Smile
I overlooked it too.

And i am still having troubles with the visiblity of the navigation font colors.
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Epps 24/12/2009, 07:38

I was a friends yesterday (till 9) and I went to the pulp-site. On her screen the navigation was indeed hard to read.
I'll be adding a background to it as well as the ranking-url anytime soon (in valve time Razz )...
Epps
Epps
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!

Back to top Go down

Post by Eraserhead 24/12/2009, 08:40

I liked the icons you used on the V1 website too beside the navigation links.
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Furgus 24/12/2009, 12:45

Eraserhead you being to needy at least worship Pepper for the website.

ALL HAIL PEPPER!!!!!!!!!!!ALL HAIL PEPPER!!!!!!!!!ALL HAIL PEPPER!!!!!!!!!ALL HAIL PEPPER!!!!!!!!! cheers
Furgus
Furgus
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Furgus 24/12/2009, 13:06

Also we should have a suggestions forum. Like you go to the home page and like it a appears.

Suggestion
how to make the clan better.

So like all this tuff wont be scattered all around the forums.
Furgus
Furgus
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Eraserhead 24/12/2009, 14:34

Yes you are right! HAIL PEPPER ! HAIL PEPPER ! Laughing
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Eraserhead 24/12/2009, 14:37

Dark Soul wrote:Also we should have a suggestions forum. Like you go to the home page and like it a appears.

Suggestion
how to make the clan better.

So like all this tuff wont be scattered all around the forums.

I just made that forum.
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Furgus 24/12/2009, 17:10

Also please don't make your own tag. Like instead of {PULP} you have {P} or something.
Furgus
Furgus
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Taboo 24/12/2009, 21:07

Dark Soul wrote:Also please don't make your own tag. Like instead of {PULP} you have {P} or something.

LMAO!! Is that suppose to be directed to me?? Wait, that's blatantly directed towards me!!! Razz
Taboo
Taboo
Acting Game Admin
Acting Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Furgus 24/12/2009, 21:31

Idk maybe you created your own tag. But Ive been in many clans where this happens occasionally.
Furgus
Furgus
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Taboo 24/12/2009, 22:46

Dark Soul wrote:Idk maybe you created your own tag. But Ive been in many clans where this happens occasionally.

What happens to them??

Oh and Eraserhead and I discussed the clan tag that i will be wearing. I will be using a simple {P} at the end of my name for my tag. Thats bout it.
Yea we made an exception with his clan tag otherwise he would loose the beautiful symmatry in his name.

Both were quoted from my intro from the forum. Take a look if you don't believe me. Symmetry is everything!! Wink So yeah, i did "make my own tag". Rolling Eyes
Taboo
Taboo
Acting Game Admin
Acting Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Furgus 25/12/2009, 10:13

I don't really care but it's just been happening a lot and people think it's another clan.
Furgus
Furgus
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Epps 25/12/2009, 10:28

Hey, it's the first off-topic discussion Very Happy

Anyway, I think we should just stick to one tag or perhaps two, one short and one normal tag (not counting member, scrim, admin etc). This way our clan will be easier to reconise for others. Having a tag is a bit useless when everyone is making their own version since tags are there to let people know that you're in a clan (and more specific, in which clan you are).

On-topic: I think I'll make new icons for the navigation that fit the current theme. Don't know when or how they'll look since it is Christmas and everything.
Epps
Epps
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!

Back to top Go down

Post by Taboo 25/12/2009, 14:21

Dark Soul wrote:I don't really care but it's just been happening a lot and people think it's another clan.
May I ask who has been doing that? To be honest I haven't seen anyone doing that or making there version of the tag. The only one that's using {P} as the tag is me, as far as I know.

Anyways, Have a Merry Christmas and a happy new year!! (Damn, off topic again)
Taboo
Taboo
Acting Game Admin
Acting Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next