Pulp Fortress forum archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Inaction of admins

+14
vladmirbsl69
jameless
LOOK IT'S ADAM!!!
Eraserhead
Nick
Epps
Young Greezy
Google
gibbo
Nicobbq
Furgus
Dr 69er
Jonesie|UKCS|
The Mad Hatter
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Inaction of admins Empty Inaction of admins

Post by The Mad Hatter 1/6/2010, 16:47

There's been an issue lately of admins online totally ignoring anything happening in the server. Instances where votekicks and votemutes shouldn't be necessary with admins on, but are, are occurring more often and I ask: Why? Why does a server have to democratically vote to mute, kick, or scramble teams with admins on? There's no need for teams to snap out of their zombie-like state camping the tower to realize someone's been blaring terrible music for half an hour and asking why noone's done anything about it.

The rules of your server are never enforced by those that run it.

Too many times have I initiated votes without a 2nd+, only to have people--including admins--complain about the same issue ten minutes later. What's the point of having admin power if you do nothing about it except passively threaten with it when your feelings are hurt? Kick the asshole spamming mic, kick the medic who's obviously masking his 500 ping. Maybe even respond when players on your server have complaints, Gibbo?

I'm not looking for discussion on this topic, I'm just tired of waiting for the obvious kick/ban that never comes.
The Mad Hatter
The Mad Hatter
Attention whore
Attention whore

Back to top Go down

Inaction of admins Empty Re: Inaction of admins

Post by Jonesie|UKCS| 1/6/2010, 17:19

I can understand that its a blatent problem when somebody comes on server, wanting to play a good game, and then some asshole comes on there and ruins it for them. You automatically wish that one of the admins would do their job and either kick / ban them.

What I can't beleive about your post is that your slagging off the admins in PULP, and you expect not to get a arguement out of it.

Jonesie|UKCS|
I am banned, sad face! Unban me! I don't deserve it !

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr 69er 1/6/2010, 17:24

To be honest, Mad Hatter has got a point, I have experienced that on the Pulp servers before BUT the admins have done their jobs coz the situation seems to have improved imo. Not recently has there been inactivity when it comes to admins. On occassions there are the spammers and the ones that really do need to be kicked but it does get sorted out.
Dr 69er
Dr 69er

Back to top Go down

Post by Furgus 1/6/2010, 17:27

I kinda agree with you Mad Hatter. But yeah don't blame all the admins. There are some real good admins in this clan.
Furgus
Furgus
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicobbq 1/6/2010, 17:31

I do not agree. I think you just want to kick / ban everyone that : talks too much, lag too much for you.
I think you complain all the time and this is really starting to annoy me. 90% of your post on this forum are complaints. If you are so unsatisfied by our server and the quality of it's admin, why don't you go play somewhere else.
Nicobbq
Nicobbq
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr 69er 1/6/2010, 17:33

Yea kinda like a Stalin situation just do what I want or Ill destroy you get in my way I'll kill you sort of thing. xD Not that im saying he wants to resort to voilence just wants everything his.

Last edited by Dr 69er on 1/6/2010, 17:36; edited 1 time in total
Dr 69er
Dr 69er

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicobbq 1/6/2010, 17:36

No, I'm giving him choices. Either he lives with the fact that no situation is perfect, either he leaves and find the perfect world.
Nicobbq
Nicobbq
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr 69er 1/6/2010, 17:37

Well said tbh Nico, good work xD
Dr 69er
Dr 69er

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonesie|UKCS| 1/6/2010, 17:40

Everybody praise NicoBBQ. Mad Hatter, you really have complained about quite a number of thing on this forum. Do you try and want to bring this clan down? Do you want to dilapidate us?

Jonesie|UKCS|

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr 69er 1/6/2010, 17:50

One person cant dilapidate your clan Jonesie xD Unless its like Duke Nukem or God or someone with almighty power.
Dr 69er
Dr 69er

Back to top Go down

Post by gibbo 1/6/2010, 17:51

mad hatter i'm not going to kick someone just because they are lagging a bit.If i did i would end up kicking half the server.believe me its harder to play with lag than to play against it.you need to learn to play this game less seriously and who knows you might even have fun
gibbo
gibbo
Acting Game Admin
Acting Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Google 1/6/2010, 18:07

Nicobbq wrote:I do not agree. I think you just want to kick / ban everyone that : talks too much, lag too much for you.
I think you complain all the time and this is really starting to annoy me. 90% of your post on this forum are complaints. If you are so unsatisfied by our server and the quality of it's admin, why don't you go play somewhere else.
Complaints may or may not help.

EXAMPLE:
Complaint 1- Too many laggy people over 500 ping
Solution 1- Make an auto kicker and kick everyone >= 500 ping

Complaint 2- 3 is an excessive amount of snipers because there can be 3 snipers on one team and 1 on the other
Solution2- Make 1 the new sniper limit

If he notices the lack of quality of the admins[not saying that I do], then he can complain about it and Eraser will settle it.
Google
Google
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicobbq 1/6/2010, 18:22

But there is a limit between complaints and suggestions.
I can say: Too many people with a high lag, we could check that
or
I can say: Kick all those motherfucking laggers...

There is a way of stating your point of view on something.
Nicobbq
Nicobbq
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Greezy 1/6/2010, 18:45

Mad Hatter, it's not that I want to take this off topic or anything, but if you want people to like your more and take your opinion more seriously in the clan, why don't you stop only posting when you want to complain about something, and instead post in discussions, etc, and improve upon your reputation.

Secondly, addressing the issue at hand, I have never noticed any instances of admin inaction that aren't justified. People on the server can democratically kick someone because that's completely fair. It represents the opinion of people on the server, so it's the best way to make decisions. You don't need to come crying to an admin if you haven't tried a simple vote yet. If it's not a serious issue (if it's just lag or hogging the sniper spot and sitting in spawn, etc), the player will get kicked anyways by vote. Admins are meant to take care of more serious issues more quickly, like a speed hacker, or a micspammer. We can give bans to these people. If admins use their power for every damn thing that bugs them, we'd get complaints then too.
Young Greezy
Young Greezy
Scrim Team Captain
Scrim Team Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Furgus 1/6/2010, 18:59

Yeah and you complain a lot if a sniper is alll the way at second point sniping terribly. Oh wait or is that Wtfisabullet?. Well you know how Bullet is? Your turning to be like him if I'm not mistaken.
Spoiler:
Furgus
Furgus
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Epps 1/6/2010, 19:42

1) I warn/kick/ban players that lag too much because it affects gameplay and pisses everyone off.
2) I warn/kick/ban players who act like total assholes or are trying to find out how far they can go since I enjoy having a good mood on the server.
3) I agree that some admins should use their powers more often. Don't be afraid of making mistakes, you'll learn from them. As logn as you follow the normal protocol you'll be fine (spot problem -> KINDLY ask to stop -> officiall warning -> kick -> ban).

Locking thread because it is turning into a thread full of people bashing you instead of listening to what you have to say. PM me, Eraser or Nico if you want to post something as a closer.
Epps
Epps
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!

http://www.epps.nl

Back to top Go down

Inaction of admins Empty Thread locked from Pulp's own hijacking, thanks.

Post by The Mad Hatter 1/6/2010, 21:49

I don't need or want you to like me, but hijacking threads (isn't this against the rules?) to talk shit about me and lock it immediately after everyone got their blows in really shows who the real Haters are, eh.

Yeah, bullshit happens on the server but most of you are pots calling the kettle black. I don't want to join your clan, and I certainly don't have designs on its destruction, but I want a place to play that has a mild level of intelligence with people that understand that I'm not even serious half the time. I am competitive, and when people decide to provoke me I will respond. I've taken a lot of shit from most of you when the worst I've done has played devil's advocate.

If you have this deep seeded grudge from me calling you out for cheesing often, Pulp, mute me and tell me you don't want my opinion. I can sit quietly--I don't even bother talking in game much anymore--and cheese right back & harder.

If not, don't shit on my threads and get them locked because of it. I had a valid point damnit, and half of you saw I had a point before the group decided they needed an ego boost. Don't call yourselves professional players and act contrary to your claim. I may shit talk occasionally in game, even without merit, but I don't come here to the forums to fuck up your day.

Edit: I'm sorry Pepper, I just saw an open-ended closed post.

Gibbo, I wouldn't have cared what your decision was earlier today if you would have just responded.

Last edited by The Mad Hatter on 1/6/2010, 22:22; edited 1 time in total
The Mad Hatter
The Mad Hatter
Attention whore
Attention whore

Back to top Go down

Post by Nick 1/6/2010, 22:06

I would agree we at PULP need to stop hijacking the serious threads, save it for the not so serious ones okay?

Edit by eraser: I merged this with the locked thread.
Nick
Nick
Clan Recruiter
Clan Recruiter

Back to top Go down

Post by Epps 1/6/2010, 22:31

Mad Hatter the reason I locked your thread was because people were only flaming you instead of taking your post serious, not as some sort of censorship. It was not meant as any kind of censorship and I also stated that you could PM me, Eraser or Nico if you wanted to post a reply (or talk things out on Steam). In retrospect I should had just removed their posts instead of locking it and I will do this the next time this occurs, although I hope it won’t.

As for any other person who reads this, I have already started a thread about hijacks and off-topicness once and I expect that to be enough. If someone gives some criticism on the clan then that’s okay; they are not bashing the clan but giving us an chance to improve it. If you can’t stand criticism however please refrain from reading/posting in the flamethrower section.
Epps
Epps
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!

http://www.epps.nl

Back to top Go down

Post by Eraserhead 1/6/2010, 22:57

I just found out about this otherwise i would have replied sooner.

Furgus, Nico, 69'er and Jonesie. I dislike the way you guys start high fiving because Nico said he got jarate'd off about Matter.

And Furgus, don't start insulting people, it's like throwing oil on the fire (it's a saying in dutch, dunno if it exists in english lol).

But i understand it all. I can't deny that Mad Hatter pisses me off. But thats also because it's not nice to get criticism.

I also agree with Nico and Greezy that you could have posted some positive topics in the forum. I don't know what your daily job is Mad Hatter but i can ensure you that if you work any organization and constantly deliver negative critique it will not accomplish what you want. No matter how right you might be. It's simply the way of life, people don't like being critiqued all the time by the same person.

The only people on topic here are Pepper, Gibbo and Google. Now let's stay on topic please. I agree we can auto-kick people with over 350 ping to start with. We already had many discussions about micspamming, camping, etc so i don't know what we should do else. I remember you were complaining about my ping too Mad Hatter because it was 170. I'm sorry but in this case i'm just gonna say it's your bad luck, start your own server if you only want people with a ping less then 100 and make sure to put a filter on it that blocks everyone thats not from the USA and Canada. I wish i had a lower ping or that there were servers nearer to me, i would play there but i can't. As you may have noticed i don't play sniper or ambassador spy often so it doesn't matter much if you ask me, i think pings around 180-200 are still acceptable depending on the class.

The problems with forums is that everyone can respond immediately and they will.

And lately i have not noticed many incidents with micspamming, correct me if i'm wrong. To prove that we actually kick and ban people just look here: http://pulpfortress.clanservers.com/sourcebans/index.php

I am now unlocking this thread, feel free to respond. Please don't rage or insult or i will lock it again.
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

http://www.pulpfortress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The Mad Hatter 1/6/2010, 23:20

I give you and Gibbo shit about your pings for fun, I know there's not much you can do about it. Orange always lags, but a line should be agreed upon when it comes to pings.

High ping autokick's a good idea, the issue earlier today was based on someone masking their IP. (Using a third party program to make the ping you see much lower than it actually is) T'was a medic named Waffles of War with 80-100 ping, but literally jerked around so severely it would best be described as teleporting. Though, it could have been massive packet loss, which I'm not even sure you can have a kick-mod for that.

The situation was exacerbated by a big server-wide spat about snipers, and then it became painfully obvious that no matter who was sniping you cannot reliably kill ANYONE who has no smooth movement, thus making it damn near impossible to keep him from pocket healing anyone nearby.

I've been more constructive than I may be given credit, but I understand my tendency toward the negative. I'm really not trying to hurt feelings or start another fight, but I do not care to know anyone on the internet so I will not participate in playing nice on a violent competitive FPS =P
The Mad Hatter
The Mad Hatter
Attention whore
Attention whore

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonesie|UKCS| 2/6/2010, 02:46

Mad Hatter you can't just come on our server, and start shitting about peoples pings for fun, they may not take it as fun. I really do agree with what Gibbo has told you. Play the game LESS SERIOUSLY. You can kill people with hight pings, you just have to aim like HELL!

Jonesie|UKCS|

Back to top Go down

Post by LOOK IT'S ADAM!!! 2/6/2010, 03:05

there is a very fine line between inactivity and admin abuse. depending on which side you stand on, nearly every issue could look like either.

the way i see it, the job of the server admin is to enforce "the fun". if someone is harming the capacity for others to have fun, the admin must act. otherwise, all is well. i do not believe i was on the server during the time of this incident, but correct me if what i describe is wrong.

player "X" is not performing well, player "Y" is taking objection to that. player X is enjoying the game despite not playing well and a majority of the other players are fine with that. player Y, however, has a problem with this sub-par performance and lets everyone know. the only fun player X has "harmed" is that of player Y, while the rantings of player Y have ruined the fun for a majority of the server. the only condition in which player X is in the moral wrong in this situation is if he was intentionally aggravating player Y.

an important thing to remember is that this is a game. fun is the main objective, not winning; pseudo-political strife is never fun.
LOOK IT'S ADAM!!!
LOOK IT'S ADAM!!!
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by The Mad Hatter 2/6/2010, 05:54

I think there's a very thick line between an admin who does nothing versus an admin who overreacts and banhammers the server.

However, "the fun" gets real hazy when it comes to the new class limits. There is no fun on orange when all of the classes that succeed easily are eaten up by incapable, AFK, or gimmicking players. Adam, player X has a right to play any class they want, but the goal of the game is to beat out the other team. On this map very specific classes make and break the team balance. If someone refuses to leave Sniper/Heavy/Scout/Medic when they are contributing nothing, they're simply, stubbornly, denying the team any sort of progress. If you want to talk about fun, lets talk about the frequency of one team stoooomping the other with nothing more than a few bad players who won't budge.

A very important thing to remember is that this is a competitive game--you joined a competitive clan to win, right?--a competitive game with violence where the game makes sure it is constantly talking shit at you even if your enemy is a beaming ray of sunshine on the mic. Of course winning is the main objective, the fun comes when the rules stay solid and enforced.
The Mad Hatter
The Mad Hatter
Attention whore
Attention whore

Back to top Go down

Post by jameless 2/6/2010, 06:35

This is not an attempt to put you down, simply responding.

Class limiting is nothing new to our server. We have had class restrictions since before the beginning of this year. As a matter of fact in the past everyone was limited to 2 and now they get opened to 3 after a certain point. So please don't blame anything on the "limits".

If a player won't budge from a certain class then votekick him. If the rest of your team agrees that he's hogging the spot they will join you. I don't feel it is the admin's responsibility to sit there kicking people all day and not be able to enjoy the game himself.

This is a competitive game but orange is not a competitive map. Playing competitively on orange is like playing a poker tournament in a swimming pool. Good luck.
jameless
jameless
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next