Pulp Fortress forum archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Application: Xory [Status: Denied]

+7
Young Greezy
Eraserhead
vladmirbsl69
ninji
1TheGizmo
Jonesie|UKCS|
Coryrbk
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Application: Xory [Status: Denied] - Page 2 Empty Re: Application: Xory [Status: Denied]

Post by vladmirbsl69 13/6/2010, 15:07

ok now wait we are really off topic here. cory just try and get a 1.0 kd and a rank <75
vladmirbsl69
vladmirbsl69

Back to top Go down

Application: Xory [Status: Denied] - Page 2 Empty Re: Application: Xory [Status: Denied]

Post by 1TheGizmo 13/6/2010, 15:43

Do you really think anyone whould spend 3 mounths on trying to get in to a clan .. and then still get/can be Rejected ?.. No way lawl.. And why should a 13 years old Have a higher rank then a 16years old?.. the Rank dossent Show . Matureity?And You can all ways learn to play a game Smile .. But Its cool its your clan . your the clan leaders and admin's ..
1TheGizmo
1TheGizmo

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Greezy 13/6/2010, 15:47

Rank show time spent on the server. It's a foolproof way of showing that he's been playing for a while, and is familiar with the community and members of the clan.
Young Greezy
Young Greezy
Scrim Team Captain
Scrim Team Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Coryrbk 13/6/2010, 22:01

but what would it matter if me and a 16 year old had the same rank? ( i need 3 month trial period he needs one?) the sixteen year old could get on Soulfully based on THAT fact but i can't? it makes no difference at all in my opinion because is it not the rule that younger people learn faster anyway? In my eyes i don't care if there is a 10 year old in my clan AS long as that ten year old is not an idiot and is good at the game and is mature enough to be around the people who are in the clan. because Believe it or not there is people out there who are more mature then people who are alot older then them and/or actually think before they do things... for instance my brother in-law is in Afghanistan right now because he's a Marine and he smashed his hand is medical supplies out of a truck to help a fellow marine who was wounded... Hes in a war-zone don't you think that should be the last of his worries? but no he end up doing the thing that would be like a laugh to some marine's stories ( FYi yes its terrible it happened not laughing at him or anything) the only reason it happened as he evne told me on the phone is he just "WAS NOT THINKING" i'm not saying what you guys have is Wrong or anything because it is most certainly not my clan but i'm just throwing my opinion out there on that- thanks for reading this if you do§- Cory...
Coryrbk
Coryrbk

Back to top Go down

Post by Nick 13/6/2010, 22:33

Only reason you have to wait longer is because you need more time to prove yourself to us
Nick
Nick
Clan Recruiter
Clan Recruiter

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Greezy 13/6/2010, 23:03

Coryrbk wrote:but what would it matter if me and a 16 year old had the same rank? ( i need 3 month trial period he needs one?) the sixteen year old could get on Soulfully based on THAT fact but i can't? it makes no difference at all in my opinion because is it not the rule that younger people learn faster anyway? In my eyes i don't care if there is a 10 year old in my clan AS long as that ten year old is not an idiot and is good at the game and is mature enough to be around the people who are in the clan. because Believe it or not there is people out there who are more mature then people who are alot older then them and/or actually think before they do things... for instance my brother in-law is in Afghanistan right now because he's a Marine and he smashed his hand is medical supplies out of a truck to help a fellow marine who was wounded... Hes in a war-zone don't you think that should be the last of his worries? but no he end up doing the thing that would be like a laugh to some marine's stories ( FYi yes its terrible it happened not laughing at him or anything) the only reason it happened as he evne told me on the phone is he just "WAS NOT THINKING" i'm not saying what you guys have is Wrong or anything because it is most certainly not my clan but i'm just throwing my opinion out there on that- thanks for reading this if you do§- Cory...

Okay refer to my long ass post on the second page of the topic, "Time for a maturity pole?" in the Suggestions section the board.
Young Greezy
Young Greezy
Scrim Team Captain
Scrim Team Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Coryrbk 14/6/2010, 01:09

witch personally to me is odd. Because what do i have to prove that a 16 year old does not in a longer amount of time?
Coryrbk
Coryrbk

Back to top Go down

Post by hyce777 14/6/2010, 03:03

I think the general idea is this:

<16 years= Pre-pubescent, with limited fuses and judgement.
>16 years= Post-pubescent, longer toleration, and good judgement.

What you have to prove in the longer time period is patience. If we had just a regular month for younger people, they could put on a "mature mask" for that time and then be a total douche after their month is up and their in. With lower patience, these people wouldn't get in if they had 3 months.
hyce777
hyce777
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ninji 14/6/2010, 03:45

hyce777 wrote:I think the general idea is this:

<16 years= Pre-pubescent, with limited fuses and judgement.
>16 years= Post-pubescent, longer toleration, and good judgement.

What you have to prove in the longer time period is patience. If we had just a regular month for younger people, they could put on a "mature mask" for that time and then be a total douche after their month is up and their in. With lower patience, these people wouldn't get in if they had 3 months.
Impossible for an immature person to fake maturity. They could try, but it would be so damn obvious. Whether or not they could fake it and trick everyone, they would clearly have an understanding for matters, thus making them mature. And even if they didn't, said user would eventually be booted for obvious immaturity. (*Argument dismantled*)

Regardless, your "<16 years/>16 years" claim is not accurate. Every single person on this planet is different. Using a number as a base line is linear, and unfair when it comes to the dynamic human body and mind. (*Argument dismantled*)
ninji
ninji
Clan Member
Clan Member

http://www.tf2items.com/id/ijnin

Back to top Go down

Post by Coryrbk 14/6/2010, 04:55

thank you lol that last part is all i wanted some one to agree with me at least anyway it's cool, thanks for the good argument haven't had a nice debatable one for a while lol- peace §Cory
Coryrbk
Coryrbk

Back to top Go down

Post by Eraserhead 14/6/2010, 13:59

Ninji, i am now 34 years of age and for the last 5 years i have been a business owner. One thing i have learned is that people can fake anything, especially online. I have done hundreds of job interviews and in some cases we decided to hire people because they made such a good impression. Even after a 2nd interview. Later turned out those people were not at all what we expected. Human beings are very clever when it come to passing tests. Thats why even most countries have laws for maximum trialperiods when hiring personnel, which is normally 2 months.

I agree with you that eventually someone will make a mistake and show if he is immature or not. Of course <16 or >16 is not a hard fact and all people are different but you CAN make a basline for all people in the world.

Also i disagree with Xory's (or is it Cory?) statement that a kid of 10 could be in the clan. A clan is a bunch of friends who have in this case a game in common but discuss different things too. Personally i'm one of the oldest in this clan and i would not want to be in anymore if the majority of the clan is 10 years old. There simply is too big a gap of life experience. I think it would be the other way around too, a 10 year old would not want to be in a clan of 40 year olds i suppose.

Regardless of that i think Xory scored some good points with his replies which confirms he is pretty mature for his age. This was the point exactly when i said at the beginning of the thread that he should first join the forums and play on the server a lot. What would you say about a 2 month trial and rank <=75 Xory? You also might require some more or other votes because we are discussing the applicant approval process right now.
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

http://www.pulpfortress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hoboapple 14/6/2010, 14:11

Yeah, a big part of a clan is also getting along and being friends with each other, and it might be hard for a 10 year old to relate to some of the older people...
Hoboapple
Hoboapple

Back to top Go down

Post by Coryrbk 14/6/2010, 14:23

lol i understand that ;D i was making a point hehe
Coryrbk
Coryrbk

Back to top Go down

Post by Eraserhead 14/6/2010, 14:29

What about my question Sad ?
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

http://www.pulpfortress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Greezy 14/6/2010, 14:32

Coryrbk wrote:witch personally to me is odd. Because what do i have to prove that a 16 year old does not in a longer amount of time?

Cory you're missing the entire argument. This isn't about you. We didn't make this rule solely to have YOU prove yourself.

We made this rule based on past experiences with younger members being poor. We made it a general rule, and it has to apply to everyone. A rule loses it's meaning if we waive it from some people just because they may be in a different situation. Regardless of whether or not you have a job, do well in school, hang around older people, or do whatever it is you do, the fact of the matter is that you're still under 16.

I can personally bet that you're a great guy. I'm sure that as you play on our servers, we'll have an excellent time with you. Maybe I'll even enjoy your company more than I enjoy the company of other, older clan members. But this is besides the point. You are young, and you will have to go through an extended trial period to enter the clan. This is not intended as an insult or a question of your judgment and maturity. It is merely a uniform precaution that we as a clan have voted to take to ensure that the clan stays enjoyable as a whole.
Young Greezy
Young Greezy
Scrim Team Captain
Scrim Team Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Vital 14/6/2010, 15:00

lolz, im not gonna read that wall of textz
Vital
Vital
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Greezy 14/6/2010, 15:19

Vital wrote:lolz, im not gonna read that wall of textz

Shut up vital stop trolling
Young Greezy
Young Greezy
Scrim Team Captain
Scrim Team Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2