Pulp Fortress forum archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Poll] Small readjustment of class balance mod.

+7
Google
LieuTennet
Hoboapple
jameless
Young Greezy
vladmirbsl69
The Mad Hatter
11 posters

Go down

How many heavies should we allow before sniper is enabled?

[Poll] Small readjustment of class balance mod. I_vote_lcap0%[Poll] Small readjustment of class balance mod. I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[Poll] Small readjustment of class balance mod. I_vote_lcap57%[Poll] Small readjustment of class balance mod. I_vote_rcap 57% 
[ 8 ]
[Poll] Small readjustment of class balance mod. I_vote_lcap43%[Poll] Small readjustment of class balance mod. I_vote_rcap 43% 
[ 6 ]

Total Votes : 14

[Poll] Small readjustment of class balance mod. Empty [Poll] Small readjustment of class balance mod.

Post by The Mad Hatter 26/6/2010, 00:01

Checking to see what people think of matching the Heavy limit with the Snipers up until 5v5: 0. It seems a little excessive to allow Heavies, with Sandvich full-heal capability, to have two available slots from the start.

Sniper counters Heavy, and their polar opposite nature should be reflected on the class limits.

Sure, it's easy to say Spies can counter Heavies, but when there's only a handful of people on each team detecting Spies becomes far too easy. Additionally, with those numbers you'd need a very good Spy to effectively keep one class from dominating low-population Orange. You don't need a great sniper to line up a headshot to a slow-moving Heavy.

What do you think?

PS: Move this to the class balance discussion post if you'd like, I just thought it was a bit old and thought Suggestions was more appropriate.
The Mad Hatter
The Mad Hatter
Attention whore
Attention whore

Back to top Go down

[Poll] Small readjustment of class balance mod. Empty Re: [Poll] Small readjustment of class balance mod.

Post by vladmirbsl69 26/6/2010, 00:04

Really nice idea hatter. I do see alot of people raging when a heavy sits there 3v3 destroying because he does not have to worry about a sniper and spy is limited in what hatter said.
vladmirbsl69
vladmirbsl69

Back to top Go down

[Poll] Small readjustment of class balance mod. Empty Re: [Poll] Small readjustment of class balance mod.

Post by Young Greezy 26/6/2010, 00:07

I suggested this back when we were debating class limits for the exact same reasons, I thought it was enacted with the vote too.

JameLESSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Young Greezy
Young Greezy
Scrim Team Captain
Scrim Team Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by jameless 26/6/2010, 00:10

Well the vote was created based on the suggestions in the format since it was 3 pages of reading I took from there.

I do like the idea though Mad Hatter. I will create a poll for it. Greezy's suggestion int he previous post was for 1 Heavy so the poll will have 3 options.

jameless
jameless
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by vladmirbsl69 26/6/2010, 00:33

ummm it wont let me vote.
vladmirbsl69
vladmirbsl69

Back to top Go down

Post by jameless 26/6/2010, 00:49

Hmm that probably means that mad hatter can't vote either. I will edit my vote then to be the 0 he suggested to start this topic and remove my opinion altogether.
jameless
jameless
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hoboapple 26/6/2010, 04:05

can't vote, but i say one
Hoboapple
Hoboapple

Back to top Go down

Post by LieuTennet 26/6/2010, 09:19

I can't vote but "0"
LieuTennet
LieuTennet

Back to top Go down

Post by The Mad Hatter 26/6/2010, 09:38

I'm not too thrilled with "1", and I'd like to hear people's opinions as to why they think Heavy is okay 5v5 and less when their counter-class isn't.
The Mad Hatter
The Mad Hatter
Attention whore
Attention whore

Back to top Go down

Post by Google 26/6/2010, 11:29

Obviously when they rage and resort to Heavy for a raping machine.
Google
Google
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by The Mad Hatter 26/6/2010, 11:33

Yeah, that's my concern. I don't want this vote to turn out shitty because of the people who do nothing more than type "rank" on the server.
The Mad Hatter
The Mad Hatter
Attention whore
Attention whore

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicobbq 26/6/2010, 11:41

I voted 1 heavy because I think that 2 is excessive for that few players.
However, I will not vote 0 because i dont consider the sniper to be the opposite of the heavy. Sniping on orange is really easy, you just hide and shoot, however, as a heavy you have to move onto the battlefield and another heavy or a spy can easily kill him.
Nicobbq
Nicobbq
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by vladmirbsl69 26/6/2010, 11:47

i vote 0. it still wont let me vote
vladmirbsl69
vladmirbsl69

Back to top Go down

Post by Vital 26/6/2010, 12:13

You haven't played very much have ya Nico? Because the heavies in game tend to DO hide and shoot from the tower and they ARE nearly impossible to kill with any class but sniping. My only solution to make heavies less powerful is to remove James bullcrap spread script(troll lawl) so heavies aren't that strong. But that doesn't solve the issue of close range against a heavy. The only way to counter a heavy in my opinion is with another heavy that has a medic with him. Although I highly doubt someone is going to play medic constantly only to just heal and not have any fun to play other classes to join in on the killing.
Vital
Vital
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Greezy 26/6/2010, 12:15

I voted 1 because I don't think it's smart to cut 2 classes out of the game until 10 people join. We're killing a huge dynamic of the game there. People will just be like, wtf, why can't I play heavy or sniper, server is borked, I'm leaving.
Young Greezy
Young Greezy
Scrim Team Captain
Scrim Team Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Hoboapple 26/6/2010, 12:53

Nicobbq wrote:I voted 1 heavy because I think that 2 is excessive for that few players.
However, I will not vote 0 because i dont consider the sniper to be the opposite of the heavy. Sniping on orange is really easy, you just hide and shoot, however, as a heavy you have to move onto the battlefield and another heavy or a spy can easily kill him.
this ^
Hoboapple
Hoboapple

Back to top Go down

Post by The Mad Hatter 26/6/2010, 12:56

Heavy's dominance comes from short-range, so of course he has to move around. The counter is the long range class, the sniper. I don't see how it isn't a counter, Nico you're just comparing the two subjectively to your needs. A Heavy's worst enemy is the Sniper and vice versa in their own realm of asskicking: long range vs short.

I see your point Greezy, but if killing off sniper until 5v5 didn't change anything I don't see how Heavy would.

It's one thing to talk about it in the forums, but has anyone else on 3v3 or similar just had a Heavy sit outside of your spawn just on the other side of a corner? It's disastrous and kills the server even more in terms of population.
The Mad Hatter
The Mad Hatter
Attention whore
Attention whore

Back to top Go down

Post by Taco_Human 26/6/2010, 13:20

1 heavy is fine.
Taco_Human
Taco_Human

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Greezy 26/6/2010, 13:31

Well hatter, I promote killing off sniper for one simple reason.

The sniper has no impact on the team dynamic in TF2.

If he was removed, what would change? They'd probably lower heavy down to 250 health, and that would basically be it. The balance would still be the same, and maps would not have to be redesigned.

If you remove a heavy, scouts and soldiers gain an advantage, as it is easier for them to roam without worrying about being shredded.

A little teamwork is all it takes to kill a heavy without a sniper.
Young Greezy
Young Greezy
Scrim Team Captain
Scrim Team Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Epps 26/6/2010, 13:56

I voted one heavy and here's why:

Heavies are easy to counter; one spy is enough and when there are spycheckers involved all you need is a little bit of teamwork which doesn't go any further than attacking him at the same time.
However 2 heavies are harder to counter, they often check eachother and have too much attacking power making close and semi-close range nearly impossible for normal players. Only real way to take them out would be an all in attack or a sniping spy aka by using unballanced tactics.

td;dr: just read it if you want to be involved with this.
Epps
Epps
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!

http://www.epps.nl

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicobbq 26/6/2010, 16:24

I don't agree that Snipers are the opposite of heavy...you say that this is because of their short range vs long-range....so basically you say that the sniper is the ennemy of
1.Heavies - Short Range
2-Pyro - Short Range
3-Scout - Short Range
4-Demoman - ShortRange
5-Engies - ShortRange
6-Medic - ShortTange

Almost all classes are short-ranged compared to the almighty sniper.

So I keep on saying 1 Heavy is perfect.
Nicobbq
Nicobbq
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Mad Hatter 26/6/2010, 17:40

Well at least it's obvious it'll be dropped to 1 Heavy. I'll approach this again when we've all had a chance to be throughly destroyed by one good Heavy with less than ten players.

I didn't mean this to become a Sniper vs. Heavy asinine debate, we'll just give it time.
The Mad Hatter
The Mad Hatter
Attention whore
Attention whore

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down