Pulp Fortress forum archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Techincal support for not-tf2 please? Fallout 3 DLC cd is retarded.

5 posters

Go down

Techincal support for not-tf2 please? Fallout 3 DLC cd is retarded. Empty Techincal support for not-tf2 please? Fallout 3 DLC cd is retarded.

Post by dumbasscus 2/8/2010, 15:29

I finished Fallout 3, and I put in my dlc cd, since I have the game of the year edition. There is no menu that pops up that gives me the option to download it, so I opened up my computer, and pressed the .exe to download. It took about ten minutes for the download to just start. After it finished downloading, I double-clicked fallout 3 dlc to play, but instead of opening Fallout 3, it just made me download all over again. I looked up my problem on google. Turns out, there are a bunch of people helping each other out for their XP or Vista computers. I have Windows 7. This CD is retarded. Can anyone help me out?
dumbasscus
dumbasscus
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Techincal support for not-tf2 please? Fallout 3 DLC cd is retarded. Empty Re: Techincal support for not-tf2 please? Fallout 3 DLC cd is retarded.

Post by Hoboapple 2/8/2010, 16:32

If it's just your disk maybe torrent it? And if it's every single copy does this try their support as other people would have the same problem.
Hoboapple
Hoboapple

Back to top Go down

Techincal support for not-tf2 please? Fallout 3 DLC cd is retarded. Empty Re: Techincal support for not-tf2 please? Fallout 3 DLC cd is retarded.

Post by Epps 2/8/2010, 18:37

Try the Vista solution, win7 is basically a VERY improved Vista with a lot in common. As for the CD/DVD problem, clean it and try it again. If that doesn't work just torrent it which is legal since you already own the DLC.

Also, you could try putting it on steam; library -> activate a product -> insert serial -> ??? -> PROFIT! I have the Steam version and it works well, even with my shitload of mods.
Epps
Epps
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!

http://www.epps.nl

Back to top Go down

Post by dumbasscus 2/8/2010, 22:49

I can't add fallout 3 on steam, because I bought the cd.
dumbasscus
dumbasscus
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Epps 2/8/2010, 22:59

Aw that's too bad. i thought Steam allowed you to put retail games on it as well :/

Anyway just try the Vista fix you found or simply download the DLC, nothing we can do about a broken disc and who cares about windows live achievements anyway?

Also, moved this topic to the proper forum.
Epps
Epps
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!

Back to top Go down

Post by Vital 3/8/2010, 00:05

Steam does allow you to put retail games on Steam, you just need to enter the CD key of the game and -> PROFIT.
Vital
Vital
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dumbasscus 3/8/2010, 20:33

NOpe. The cd key is only for Windows Live. I tried entering it into steam and it doesn't work. Anyways, I figured out how to get the dlc to work. About an hour into the game something happened. Now my graphics are all screwed up. I can't even play fallout, and Team Fortress is a janky mess. It says that Valve doesn't recognize my video card, even though it's worked out fine for the past five months.
dumbasscus
dumbasscus
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ninji 3/8/2010, 21:32

Torrent all the DLC and drop it in your "Data" folder within Fallout 3's directory.

LIVE will have no idea you have it, and the game will treat it as a mod.
ninji
ninji
Clan Member
Clan Member

http://www.tf2items.com/id/ijnin

Back to top Go down

Post by Epps 3/8/2010, 21:45

Well Valve shouldn't recognize your card to begin with, if they do that means they are seeing your hardware info causing Gabe to laugh at our outdated cards since he gets the latest stuff fro free. Anyway, try using a windows restore point to fix the graphical problems. Sounds to me like something got fucked up int he registry or with the drivers. If still doesn't work try Bethesda's Support or torrent the game.

Glad I bought the Steam GOTY version for 7 euros xD

And this were restore points come in handy...
Epps
Epps
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!

Back to top Go down

Post by dumbasscus 8/8/2010, 02:58

Thanks for the restore point advice, Sgt Pepper. Now everything is working fine, even Fallout 3. YAY
dumbasscus
dumbasscus
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Epps 8/8/2010, 03:46

I always rewrite my posts before sending send until I am satisfied with it. Too bad I forgot to delete the old part from my last post xD

Off-topic I know...
Epps
Epps
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down