Pulp Fortress forum archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

votebodyshot

+12
Furgus
Epps
Eraserhead
Afro
Vital
ninji
jameless
Hoboapple
Young Greezy
Google
Taco_Human
2LTCQOY
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

votebodyshot Empty votebodyshot

Post by 2LTCQOY 28/8/2010, 22:13

yeah there are people that abuse CP2 camper/orange etiquette, but to remove bodyshots as a whole is weakening CP2 camper too much.

Snipers' mission on Orange:
deny enemy freedom of maneuver in the large open spaces while maintaining a long standoff from the actual battle sites.

-effective snipers must be able to hit dodging scouts, camping engies and frantic medics even when their head is not always visible.
-by simply jumping or running backwards, classes are able to effectively nullify MOST of what a CP2 camper can do in a no bodyshot environment.

bodyshots happen even with gibbo every once in a while. if the other team is getting pwned by CP2 camper they will just spam the vote to remove bodyshots and thus make it for no other reason than to try to confound their adversary.

recommendation:
set a 50% damage to bodyshots and leave it permanent. Purists will have their BS penalty and those who just miss the head sometimes will still be able to contribute.
discuss.
2LTCQOY
2LTCQOY

Back to top Go down

votebodyshot Empty Re: votebodyshot

Post by Taco_Human 28/8/2010, 22:51

More choices means more happy for everybody.

The choices for VOTE are fine.
Taco_Human
Taco_Human

Back to top Go down

Post by Google 28/8/2010, 22:57

I say to just take out the votebodyshot thing and just leave it the way it is with full bodyshot dmg.
Google
Google
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Greezy 28/8/2010, 23:21

Google wrote:I say to just take out the votebodyshot thing and just leave it the way it is with full bodyshot dmg.
Young Greezy
Young Greezy
Scrim Team Captain
Scrim Team Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Hoboapple 28/8/2010, 23:57

yeah i thought jameless was just working on something that would slap/humiliate in someway bodyshotting just to discourage it without affecting gameplay?
Hoboapple
Hoboapple

Back to top Go down

Post by jameless 29/8/2010, 00:17

I was working on creating one from scratch and I had it working...but then I found that someone else created a better one than mine already. If you guys want to give that one a shot instead of this plugin just hang tight til I can find some time to install the other. Let me know with +1's if you want to try the one that humiliates you instead of turning off the shots altogether.
jameless
jameless
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 2LTCQOY 29/8/2010, 00:57

i love the autoreplace.

sounds good
2LTCQOY
2LTCQOY

Back to top Go down

Post by Hoboapple 29/8/2010, 01:14

+1
Hoboapple
Hoboapple

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Greezy 29/8/2010, 02:20

I still think we need to just leave it. Valve balanced the game for us already.
Young Greezy
Young Greezy
Scrim Team Captain
Scrim Team Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by ninji 29/8/2010, 03:43

+2
ninji
ninji
Clan Member
Clan Member

http://www.tf2items.com/id/ijnin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vital 29/8/2010, 10:01

+3

Greezy and google, QQ more please.
Vital
Vital
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro 29/8/2010, 10:27

I dont care about bodyshots. Only when they full charge bodyshots on purpose. So I say take it off.
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Eraserhead 29/8/2010, 13:04

Quentin, you never replied to my PM anymore about your hat.
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

http://www.pulpfortress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Epps 29/8/2010, 14:21

We could also just lower the snipers ammo to 5 or 10 so they simply cant camp (ammo anyone?)...

Google wrote:I say to just take out the votebodyshot thing and just leave it the way it is with full bodyshot dmg.
This, votesniper really is the dumbest thing I have ever seen on our server and just like votesniper it gets spammed, A LOT. Anyway why am I replying in this post to begin with? I stopped playing orange_x3 because of how crappy that map is...

Young Greezy wrote:I still think we need to just leave it. Valve balanced the game for us already.
This would be true if orange_x3 had been a Valve map. However as we all know Orange_x3 is made by some retard who is even worse at mapping than I am. Every orange server you go to had to their own fixes/versions or need to run plugins to balance it out. My two cents on orange_x3; just drop the map entirely.
Epps
Epps
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!

http://www.epps.nl

Back to top Go down

Post by Furgus 29/8/2010, 14:58

I know what would solve these CP2 camper crisis. Make our Orange_x3 server a orange rotation server. But before we do that, maybe for a months time. Admins on the server could start a vote where they would ask "Should pulp turn this server into an orange server or leave as it is?" So we could also get a opinions of all the players of the server. The admins would would record the votes and post it on a thread. So at the end of the month we could tally up the votes and see what everyone wants. Then we could make events every single week on the VIP server to test different maps. Especially maps that our own members created. What do you guys think?

This might be kinda off topic.Sorry but I had to bring this out to you guys.
Furgus
Furgus
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Greezy 29/8/2010, 16:21

Why don't we hold a vote to see if we should run a custom version of orange or the shitty original.
Young Greezy
Young Greezy
Scrim Team Captain
Scrim Team Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by The Mad Hatter 29/8/2010, 16:30

I don't see how this was even considered, it was only pushed by those members who solely play Sniperz for hundreds or thousands of hours. Now, people who just want to play Sniperz occasionally have to be some elite jerkoff to pick off scouts & dancing medics?

Just the knowledge that bodyshots are off makes half of the players on the server do some disco-for-Parkinson's-patients break dance when a Sniperz is in sight.

edit: New word filters every week is getting annoying. "Fuck serious conversation, lets make it sound stupid from the get-go."
The Mad Hatter
The Mad Hatter
Attention whore
Attention whore

Back to top Go down

Post by Google 29/8/2010, 20:51

Vital wrote:+3

Greezy and google, QQ more please.
You QQ'd first on the bodyshots.
Google
Google
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Vital 29/8/2010, 21:12

Because shitty snipers are playing on a sniping map causing horrible gameplay and not actually benefiting the team. I wouldn't have complained if decent snipers were the only ones who could play since the class limits are limited to one CP2 camper per team which cause other people not play anymore since shitty snipers take up the spots.
Vital
Vital
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Greezy 29/8/2010, 21:39

Bodyshots aren't nooby. If you're getting killed by bodyshots to the point where it becomes a problem, then you're doing something wrong too. People seem to have this pretense that snipers are supposed to only hit heads. In reality, snipers are supposed to be EFFICIENT. Take whatever means necessary to get the kill in the safest and easiest way. Come out of unexpected places, mix up your approaches, and do whatever you can to get kills.

This isn't to say that snipers who only bodyshot aren't noobs, but if you only go for headshots, you're not doing it right either. A compromise should be met. Eliminating bodyshots cuts out the bottom demographic but also cuts out the smartest demographic, which is people who use a combination of shots to achieve success. Professional snipers (take carnage of complexity, considered to be the best team in TF2) will always take full charged bodyshots when they can because it is simple and efficient, and gets the job done.

If you're not using bodyshots AND headshots, you need to rethink your gameplan.
Young Greezy
Young Greezy
Scrim Team Captain
Scrim Team Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Nick 29/8/2010, 21:54

Young Greezy wrote:Bodyshots aren't nooby. If you're getting killed by bodyshots to the point where it becomes a problem, then you're doing something wrong too. People seem to have this pretense that snipers are supposed to only hit heads. In reality, snipers are supposed to be EFFICIENT. Take whatever means necessary to get the kill in the safest and easiest way. Come out of unexpected places, mix up your approaches, and do whatever you can to get kills.

This isn't to say that snipers who only bodyshot aren't noobs, but if you only go for headshots, you're not doing it right either. A compromise should be met. Eliminating bodyshots cuts out the bottom demographic but also cuts out the smartest demographic, which is people who use a combination of shots to achieve success. Professional snipers (take carnage of complexity, considered to be the best team in TF2) will always take full charged bodyshots when they can because it is simple and efficient, and gets the job done.

TLDR VERSION:
Nick
Nick
Clan Recruiter
Clan Recruiter

Back to top Go down

Post by Google 29/8/2010, 21:59

^Not really, all he does is headshot.
Google
Google
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by The Mad Hatter 29/8/2010, 22:02

I think some people just need to drop the issue and practice other classes occasionally. However, Greezy's right on the money too.

This is just cranky elitism and I feel 1v1 CP2 camper was balance enough. At least until donators log on and stack restricted classes. That's ok...but fuck bodyshotting, right?

I mean, I'd be upset too if I exclusively played one class but got stomped by some guy who wanted to win rather than play by the rules I make up in my head, I guess.

HEY
HEY
HEY
DON'T STEP ON THE GROUND
IT'S HOT LAVA
WHAT ARE YOU DOING IT'S HOT LAVA. OK YOU'RE DEAD NOW.
The Mad Hatter
The Mad Hatter
Attention whore
Attention whore

Back to top Go down

Post by jameless 29/8/2010, 23:03

Ok so I found a plugin that makes the ground into hot lava. I am going to install it on orange to prevent pyro's from w+m1'ing. look for it. votelava.
jameless
jameless
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vital 29/8/2010, 23:04

Young Greezy wrote:Bodyshots aren't nooby. If you're getting killed by bodyshots to the point where it becomes a problem, then you're doing something wrong too. People seem to have this pretense that snipers are supposed to only hit heads. In reality, snipers are supposed to be EFFICIENT. Take whatever means necessary to get the kill in the safest and easiest way. Come out of unexpected places, mix up your approaches, and do whatever you can to get kills.

Thats nice and all, but it still doesn't clear up where you have a CP2 camper on one team and a good CP2 camper on the other team, if the CP2 camper camper isn't doing his job or counter sniping and getting owned because all he can do is body shot. Then there's a problem here that needs to be looked over where a class that's being limit to 1 person and that one person on the server is abusing the system because he wants to play CP2 camper and kill only easy targets and not the CP2 camper who is taking out his whole team.

If body shots weren't so much of an issue, then lift the 1 CP2 camper limit and let 2 snipers play per team so it'll cause a challenge between the 2 snipers instead of having 1 CP2 camper on each team who only worries about that one CP2 camper.

The votebodyshot system eliminates the terrible snipers who only bodyshots because it takes 3 bodyshots to take out any of the class except heavies and that isn't efficient to the team if he cannot accomplish his goal in a quick process when the team is being rush. A quick efficient way is to headshots, and heashots really do bring a + on the team because it causes a disturbance amongst the teams and causes them to run back quick to look for heal since they're damage tremendously.
Vital
Vital
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum