Pulp Fortress forum archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

votebodyshot

+12
Furgus
Epps
Eraserhead
Afro
Vital
ninji
jameless
Hoboapple
Young Greezy
Google
Taco_Human
2LTCQOY
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

votebodyshot - Page 2 Empty Re: votebodyshot

Post by miht 29/8/2010, 23:37

jameless wrote:Ok so I found a plugin that makes the ground into hot lava. I am going to install it on orange to prevent pyro's from w+m1'ing. look for it. votelava.
mostlikly will make a lot of people rage.
miht
miht
Junior Game Admin
Junior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Greezy 29/8/2010, 23:40

I can't even read your post because of this fucking word filter. Changing CP2 camper to snipper in all my posts to make it easier to read.

Then there's a problem here that needs to be looked over where a class that's being limit to 1 person and that one person on the server is abusing the system because he wants to play CP2 camper and kill only easy targets and not the CP2 camper who is taking out his whole team.

So basically, the problem in your mind is that we have a 1 snipper limit which makes is so if one team can have a great snipper that wrecks everybody and one team has a snipper that just wants to hide and not do shit.

Your proposed fix-

If body shots weren't so much of an issue, then lift the 1 CP2 camper limit and let 2 snipers play per team so it'll cause a challenge between the 2 snipers instead of having 1 CP2 camper on each team who only worries about that one CP2 camper.

We tried that already. This simply creates two extremes that can happen. You can either have the ideal world perfect balance which is what you stated, or you can have two snipers on one team who destroy the other team who has two shitty snipers, which is even worse than having one snipper. It's not like you can't have two shitty people camping the second control point while two snipers on the other team wreak havoc.

The votebodyshot system eliminates the terrible snipers who only bodyshots

No, it just takes away any chance of them crediting the team at all. You transform the snipper from someone who has a chance of dealing real damage to a noob who can't hit a single target. It makes for elitism where only those who can quickscope headshot can survive.

Because it takes 3 bodyshots to take out any of the class except heavies

Charge your bodyshots, they become as powerful as a quick headshot in only 5 seconds and easier to hit

and that isn't efficient to the team if he cannot accomplish his goal in a quick process when the team is being rush.

That's not the snipers goal. His goal is to take out key targets like medics, flanking scouts, and other snipers. Assisting with the push is something he CAN do by taking out said targets and others if there are not anymore key targets around.

A quick efficient way is to headshots, and heashots really do bring a + on the team because it causes a disturbance amongst the teams and causes them to run back quick to look for heal since they're damage tremendously.

I agree that headshots help. But if you headshot a soldier for instance and he is rocket jumping, about to exit your view, you have to do whatever you can to kill him and a headshot just doesn't make sense in that situation where you only need to deal a small amount of damage. The versatility of a quick 50 damage should not be overlooked.

I completely agree that getting quick headshots can be a great disturbance but that's only a very small facet of what a snipper can do. Getting a 100 damage bodyshot is just as legitimate a way to deal damage and cause a disturbance for someone who isn't as good a snipper and can't achieve quick reliable headshots.
Young Greezy
Young Greezy
Scrim Team Captain
Scrim Team Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Eraserhead 30/8/2010, 07:57

jameless wrote:I was working on creating one from scratch and I had it working...but then I found that someone else created a better one than mine already. If you guys want to give that one a shot instead of this plugin just hang tight til I can find some time to install the other. Let me know with +1's if you want to try the one that humiliates you instead of turning off the shots altogether.

I think we can remove the current bodyshots plugin + vote. I agree with Epps that it gets spammed a lot. And no one ever votes 50% (which is the best compromise IMHO to balance the game). We could also just it to 50% for a week and see what happens?

Then we have the other plugin to tryout, there seems to be enough support for it.
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

http://www.pulpfortress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicobbq 30/8/2010, 08:01

EDIT : I removed the word filter peppy added for sniper because it was kind of annoying in this serious thread. Sniper no longer filters as CP2 Camper.
Nicobbq
Nicobbq
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Eraserhead 30/8/2010, 12:20

Jameless has removed the vote. All bodyshots are now 50% damage. Lets keep this discussion alive. We will evaluate this after a week.
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

http://www.pulpfortress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by 2LTCQOY 31/8/2010, 20:48

good to see that the votebodyshot is gone. sad to see that there is NO damage awarded for any bodyshots whatsoever (31AUG10 2047 EST).
2LTCQOY
2LTCQOY

Back to top Go down

Post by jameless 31/8/2010, 20:58

This was due to the fact that the plugin creates the cvar at a strange time so the server cfg wasn't executing the values properly. I added the command to rtrigs to ensure it will set the appropriate values at the start of any round. So to confirm this means from now on it will be 50%.
jameless
jameless
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum