Pulp Fortress forum archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cooking thread; share your favorite dishes/recipes!

+5
LOOK IT'S ADAM!!!
Google
ninji
LieuTennet
Epps
9 posters

Go down

Cooking thread; share your favorite dishes/recipes! Empty Cooking thread; share your favorite dishes/recipes!

Post by Epps 2/9/2010, 17:49

So yeah, I need some new ideas for cooking. My mom just had surgery and needs to recover for 3 or 4 weeks which means she can't cook. With me being the only other person at home who can cook I am basically screwed (not that I mind cooking). Anyway next to the traditional Dutch dishes, Asian food and our favorite dishes I want to try out some new recipes. So here's my question for you guys; hat are your favorite dishes and could you give/link me to a recipe?
Epps
Epps
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!

http://www.epps.nl

Back to top Go down

Cooking thread; share your favorite dishes/recipes! Empty Re: Cooking thread; share your favorite dishes/recipes!

Post by LieuTennet 2/9/2010, 18:20

if you can see it, my friend and his friend made this.
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?filter=lf#!/video/video.php?v=620774820424&subj=30319015
it's soooo good
LieuTennet
LieuTennet

Back to top Go down

Cooking thread; share your favorite dishes/recipes! Empty Re: Cooking thread; share your favorite dishes/recipes!

Post by ninji 2/9/2010, 19:18

For the best peanut butter cookies you will ever eat in 10 minutes, all you need is:
ninji
ninji
Clan Member
Clan Member

http://www.tf2items.com/id/ijnin

Back to top Go down

Post by Google 2/9/2010, 19:19

Google
Google
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Epps 3/9/2010, 16:57

Jeez is this all? I thought more of you guys would be able to cook...
Epps
Epps
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!

Back to top Go down

Post by Google 3/9/2010, 16:58

1. Posting a thread about cooking and asking for recipes
2. Realizing that we're all guys and most of us make [a female] cook.
3. ???
4. PROFIT.
Google
Google
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by LOOK IT'S ADAM!!! 3/9/2010, 17:07

well what kind of stuff are you looking for? i've been cooking for myself and others for a few years now.
LOOK IT'S ADAM!!!
LOOK IT'S ADAM!!!
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jameless 3/9/2010, 17:09

LoL. K Epps here's a simple yet very tasty meal I sometimes make for the family.

• 1 lb. (you can convert) steak (the cuts used for London Broil work best here)
  • 1 stick butter (try not to use margarine as butter tastes better in this application
  • soy sauce (to taste)
  • cooked white rice (assuming you know how to make white rice)

1. Cut the steak into 1 inch cubes (you can convert)
  2. melt butter in a pan
  3. cook the steak in the butter
  4. cover the steak with the soy sauce (to desired taste) while it is cooking

The blood, butter, and soy sauce make a delicious sauce that comes out fantastic over some white rice. It's a super simple recipe but is a hit around the house and they make me make it at least twice a month.
jameless
jameless
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Greezy 3/9/2010, 17:59

Cut up two onions, mince a few cloves of garlic (depending on how much you like garlic, 2-4 cloves should suffice), and add a can of lentils, and stick it all into a frying pan with some olive or vegetable oil (whichever you prefer). Season with salt, pepper, and any other desired seasonings you think would go well. Fry it all up together until the onions become soft, the garlic mellows out and all the juices and seasonings mix together.

Boil a bag of Egg noodles until they're ready

Mix together.

Amazing dish, and no meat so it's a lot cheaper.

If you want to see good easy recipes, you should check out this guy I watch on youtube, Jack Scalfani. He makes recipes that are awesome and delicious, and easy as hale.
Young Greezy
Young Greezy
Scrim Team Captain
Scrim Team Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by LieuTennet 3/9/2010, 18:13

Heres a really good tasting sandwich.

2 slices of bread
Lettuce
tomato
swiss cheese
meat most likely steak.

use a toothpick with a green olive to hold it all together
LieuTennet
LieuTennet

Back to top Go down

Post by miht 3/9/2010, 18:44

my rents own a take out so i know how to cook =3
miht
miht
Junior Game Admin
Junior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nick 3/9/2010, 19:01

1. Get in Your Car
2. Turn The Key
3. ????
4. DELICIOUS PROFIT!!!!
Nick
Nick
Clan Recruiter
Clan Recruiter

Back to top Go down

Post by Epps 3/9/2010, 19:46

Google wrote:1. Posting a thread about cooking and asking for recipes
2. Realizing that we're all guys and most of us make [a female] cook.
3. ???
4. PROFIT.
1) Go live on your own.
2) Don't know how to cook.
3) ????
4) STARVE TO DEATH!!!!

LOOK IT'S ADAM!!! wrote:well what kind of stuff are you looking for? i've been cooking for myself and others for a few years now.
Stuff that doesn't take +1 hour to cook mostly. I don't feel like standing in the kitchen for a long time when I am just making dinner for me and my stepdad (mom can't eat nor cook nor do anything due to surgery). Of course some brilliant good tasting things are welcome for those once-a-month days on which I just WANT to cook a huge meal.

jameless wrote:LoL. K Epps here's a simple yet very tasty meal I sometimes make for the family.

• 1 lb. (you can convert) steak (the cuts used for London Broil work best here)
  • 1 stick butter (try not to use margarine as butter tastes better in this application
  • soy sauce (to taste)
  • cooked white rice (assuming you know how to make white rice)

1. Cut the steak into 1 inch cubes (you can convert)
  2. melt butter in a pan
  3. cook the steak in the butter
  4. cover the steak with the soy sauce (to desired taste) while it is cooking

The blood, butter, and soy sauce make a delicious sauce that comes out fantastic over some white rice. It's a super simple recipe but is a hit around the house and they make me make it at least twice a month.
Do that a lot actually as well using wine, sake etc. I usually trow in some veggies as well since the folk here at home aren't all that into meat only dishes.

Young Greezy wrote:Cut up two onions, mince a few cloves of garlic (depending on how much you like garlic, 2-4 cloves should suffice), and add a can of lentils, and stick it all into a frying pan with some olive or vegetable oil (whichever you prefer). Season with salt, pepper, and any other desired seasonings you think would go well. Fry it all up together until the onions become soft, the garlic mellows out and all the juices and seasonings mix together.

Boil a bag of Egg noodles until they're ready

Mix together.

Amazing dish, and no meat so it's a lot cheaper.

If you want to see good easy recipes, you should check out this guy I watch on youtube, Jack Scalfani. He makes recipes that are awesome and delicious, and easy as hale.
I hate lentils xD

LieuTennet wrote:Heres a really good tasting sandwich.

2 slices of bread
Lettuce
tomato
swiss cheese
meat most likely steak.

use a toothpick with a green olive to hold it all together
SANDVICH IS SPY!

Chuck wrote:1. Get in Your Car
2. Turn The Key
3. ????
4. DELICIOUS PROFIT!!!!
1) Go live on your own.
2) Don't know how to cook.
3) ????
4) STARVE TO DEATH!!!!
Seriously, learn how to cook -.-
Epps
Epps
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!

Back to top Go down

Post by Nick 3/9/2010, 20:23

Epps I know how to cook, just no recipes worth telling
Nick
Nick
Clan Recruiter
Clan Recruiter

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Greezy 3/9/2010, 20:34

Just take out the lentils then epps. You can add any meat you want, just make sure it's fully cooked and in manageable pieces
Young Greezy
Young Greezy
Scrim Team Captain
Scrim Team Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by LOOK IT'S ADAM!!! 3/9/2010, 20:52

i don't know about where you live, but over here we have a thing called costco. they sell bulk food for cheap, and i live off their stuff. one of my favorites uses their big bag of chicken parts. i don't cook all that often, i usually have about 5 roommates to rotate through cooking duties with so my recipes are usually a bit involved also, i don't use measuring cups all that much, so you'll just have to guess what would taste good.

baha tacos:

• chicken thighs
  • little bit of chili powder
  • flour
  • ground peppercorn mix
  • butter
  • hot sauce, a kind of fruity one, like tapatios.
  • lemon juice
  • onion, sliced
  • various taco condiments
  • tortilla shells

1. mix flour, pepper, and chili powder until it looks kinda pinkish
  2. melt butter, add it to an equal amount of lemon juice, stir in a little hot sauce
  3. dip a chicken thigh into the butter/lemon, then dredge in the flour mixture
  4. repeat previous step.
  5. cook it in any way you wish. my preferred method was on an oiled george foreman grill, but a cast iron pan with a bit of oil in the bottom works great
  6. when golden brown and delicious, remove from grill.
  7. DON'T CLEAN THE PAN. use the leftover oil to sautee the sliced onion.
  8. while the onion is grilling, cut the chicken into strips, across the muscle grain.
  9. remove onions from grill when translucent
  10. put everything on tortilla shells, enjoy

chicken cordon bleu:

all ingredients listed are "per person"
  • chicken breast
  • some form of pig (bacon, prosciutto, ham, whatever) must be thin
  • a slice of white cheese (swiss, mozzerella, jack, just not cheddar)
  • egg (only need one for every third person or so)
  • handful of bread crumbs, panko works best
  • butter
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • plastic wrap

1. place a chicken breast between two pieces of plastic wrap, use a large, smooth, blunt object (like the side of a large serving bowl) to carefully flatten the chicken to less than 1 cm
  2. preheat oven to 350 degrees (Fahrenheit)
  3. cover with your choice of ham, leave about 1 inch uncovered along one side
  4. do the same with your cheese
  5. roll it up, wrapping it with plastic wrap as you go. refrigerate until firm
  6. beat your egg, add in salt and pepper
  7. melt some butter and stir into bread crumbs, don't saturate them , just make them feel oily
  8. take the wrap off, dip your roll in the egg mixture, then in the bread crumbs.
  9. place on cooking sheet, cook in oven until chicken is done(about 25 minutes)
LOOK IT'S ADAM!!!
LOOK IT'S ADAM!!!
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down