Pulp Fortress forum archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Way too many douche bags spamming the mic on X3 server

+9
Epps
Furgus
jameless
Vital
Young Greezy
The Mad Hatter
LieuTennet
Eraserhead
Chucknorris
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Way too many douche bags spamming the mic on X3 server Empty Way too many douche bags spamming the mic on X3 server

Post by Chucknorris 13/9/2010, 10:18

I will try to add more admins so I can make you aware but as of late there are way too many youngsters who are jacked up on mountain dew or cookies and feel they have to come on to X3 to release their energy either by spamming the voice chat with some gay music(once in a while it is not bad in short doses) saying racial slurs, not talking about the game, belittling people for making other comments. I am not saying they are members but some may be regulars or one off's but as admins you cannot use the MUTE button. It does not send out the right message. These DBs on your turf and not sending out a good message if they are left to keep doing this. There is a definite lack of respect here that needs to be addressed. Just this past weekend I had 2 incidents on the X3 server. The maturity bar needs to be raised.
Chucknorris
Chucknorris

Back to top Go down

Way too many douche bags spamming the mic on X3 server Empty Re: Way too many douche bags spamming the mic on X3 server

Post by Eraserhead 13/9/2010, 10:46

I think it depends on the time of day. Due to timezone difference when you play on our server in the USA it's still early which draws kids to the server.

I played there last night and had no problems with micspammers or disrespect.

For music spammers we could try out this plugin?
http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=980997

Do others experience the same as Chuck?

If regulars are showing constant disrespect we could pmute them. Also votemute works fine most of time for me.
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

http://www.pulpfortress.com

Back to top Go down

Way too many douche bags spamming the mic on X3 server Empty Re: Way too many douche bags spamming the mic on X3 server

Post by LieuTennet 13/9/2010, 10:53

If i still played tf2 like i used to and i was in there i'd glady votemute with you...annoying people are annoying
LieuTennet
LieuTennet

Back to top Go down

Post by The Mad Hatter 13/9/2010, 10:58

It happens fairly often.

Votemute's a pain with pubs. It's rare to see one succeed except when it's constant screaming or micspamming static.
The Mad Hatter
The Mad Hatter
Attention whore
Attention whore

Back to top Go down

Post by LieuTennet 13/9/2010, 11:13

sometimes local mute suffices though...
LieuTennet
LieuTennet

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Greezy 13/9/2010, 14:01

Lately, I've just been saying in a firm voice to high pitched 9 year olds "Don't use your mic"

If you sound intimidating they listen. As for the micspammers, basically everybody just personal mutes them anyways.
Young Greezy
Young Greezy
Scrim Team Captain
Scrim Team Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Vital 13/9/2010, 15:00

The voting plugin does have a flaw when your trying to vote a player for a specific option. When the player sees the option, they'll disconnect and reconnect thus making the vote not register and the ahole getting away with whatever he wants to do.
Vital
Vital
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jameless 13/9/2010, 15:07

Yea there's no fix for that vote bug. I would try to add the admins to your friends list. Our policy for micspamming depends on what is being spammed. If you are playing music you have to ask if it's ok. But the moment someone asks you to stop you are supposed to. So grab an admin if this is the case and they can be muted without a vote. I do like the personal mute option but if the server has a lot of people in there we shouldn't expect everyone to have to stop playing just to mute someone. Just keep us informed so we can act on it. I will look around to see if there is a decent alternative so that we can manage it without user interaction. But for now please let us know so an admin can hop in and enforce a little authority. This will help raise the level of respect for us. It will also allow the good people to play the game for longer without getting frustrated and just leaving for a different server because ours is too annoying.
jameless
jameless
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Chucknorris 13/9/2010, 17:11

well i will try to add more admins so I can make you aware. there is also alot of racism on the server as well and I am not sure what PULPs stance is on that. We have zero tolerance in our clan.
Chucknorris
Chucknorris

Back to top Go down

Post by Furgus 13/9/2010, 17:14

Actually eraserhead. I've seen in a couple of servers where. If you type in the chat "!admin". An admin will be notified somehow and will come to the server and solve the problem. Maybe we should look into this.
Furgus
Furgus
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Vital 13/9/2010, 17:18

!admin

Admin connect.

Fuck yo conch!

*donator immunity prevails!*
Vital
Vital
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by LieuTennet 13/9/2010, 17:25

donators are only immune to non admins and non donators
LieuTennet
LieuTennet

Back to top Go down

Post by Vital 13/9/2010, 17:27

I donated 15$ more for admin immunity, where have you been all this time ahole.
Vital
Vital
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Epps 13/9/2010, 17:29

Chucknorris wrote:well i will try to add more admins so I can make you aware. there is also alot of racism on the server as well and I am not sure what PULPs stance is on that. We have zero tolerance in our clan.
Whenever I catch someone being a dick/racist I warn them once followed by a ban if they ignore my warning. Some might say this is a bit extreme bit I don't feel like getting 'tested' or fooled by some stranger.
Epps
Epps
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!

http://www.epps.nl

Back to top Go down

Post by Vital 13/9/2010, 18:29

Epps wrote:
Chucknorris wrote:well i will try to add more admins so I can make you aware. there is also alot of racism on the server as well and I am not sure what PULPs stance is on that. We have zero tolerance in our clan.
Whenever I catch someone being a dick/racist I warn them once followed by a ban if they ignore my warning. Some might say this is a bit extreme bit I don't feel like getting 'tested' or fooled by some stranger.
It's only extreme if the ban is perma, if it's a 30 min ban, then that's fine.
Vital
Vital
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Greezy 13/9/2010, 18:40

Never install the !admin plugin, way too many whiny bastards/noobs use it on the servers I've seen with it.
Young Greezy
Young Greezy
Scrim Team Captain
Scrim Team Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Furgus 13/9/2010, 18:45

How about making it an only member's command. We should atleast try it. If it gets out of hand then we could take it out.
Furgus
Furgus
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jameless 13/9/2010, 18:53

And who would answer to the !admin requests?
jameless
jameless
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Furgus 13/9/2010, 18:54

I'm not sure.
Furgus
Furgus
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Greezy 13/9/2010, 19:04

Furgus wrote:I'm not sure.

And who would give permissions to every single member allowing them to use the command?
Young Greezy
Young Greezy
Scrim Team Captain
Scrim Team Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Furgus 13/9/2010, 19:13

Furgus
Furgus
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ninji 13/9/2010, 19:39

And once again, an idea springs up with absolutely no thought or merit. On a related note, no one fucking responds to !admin after the first week, because it becomes a hassle.
ninji
ninji
Clan Member
Clan Member

http://www.tf2items.com/id/ijnin

Back to top Go down

Post by Furgus 13/9/2010, 20:38

But maybe they could message another admin to go into the server for them. Also, this might require to have an extra slot for admins to come in to the server freely.
Furgus
Furgus
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Greezy 13/9/2010, 20:45

Furgus wrote:But maybe they could message another admin to go into the server for them. Also, this might require to have an extra slot for admins to come in to the server freely.

Well let's go through this.

But maybe they could message another admin - No, that's redundant. Then that admin gets annoyed, then the next, and so on. And people don't just type !admin like once every few days. We're talking at least once every couple of hours.

Extra slot - So you want a reserved slot for admins. Well we've already discussed this is many threads a long time ago, and we said no to this. It costs extra money and misrepresents our server count, which pisses players off and is dishonest.

These idea has even less thought than your last.
Young Greezy
Young Greezy
Scrim Team Captain
Scrim Team Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Furgus 13/9/2010, 20:54

So Greezy, do you have any ideas? It's easier to critisize ideas then to come up with them.
Furgus
Furgus
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next