Pulp Fortress forum archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Liberal or Conservative views?

+6
hyce777
Hoboapple
LOOK IT'S ADAM!!!
The Mad Hatter
ninji
Young Greezy
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Liberal or Conservative views? - Page 2 Empty Re: Liberal or Conservative views?

Post by LOOK IT'S ADAM!!! 14/9/2010, 22:12

no, he means faux
LOOK IT'S ADAM!!!
LOOK IT'S ADAM!!!
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Liberal or Conservative views? - Page 2 Empty Re: Liberal or Conservative views?

Post by Young Greezy 14/9/2010, 22:35

I meant faux news.
Young Greezy
Young Greezy
Scrim Team Captain
Scrim Team Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by The Mad Hatter 14/9/2010, 22:42

Maturing children must be really jarate\'d off when they make the discovery that Faux News is spoonfeeding them bullshit.

At least they grow out of it...can't say the same for their parents.
The Mad Hatter
The Mad Hatter
Attention whore
Attention whore

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Greezy 14/9/2010, 23:39

I remember watching the faux olympic coverage back in 2008. They had this girl, nastia lukin, who got a silver to some asian country. Instead of just acknowledging the silver, they went so far as to call the judges biased, saying their countries were in league with the chinese, and they just whined for probably twenty minutes straight on international television about how amazing nastia did and how she should have won by so much more.

Let's get some examples of stupidity in faux news going

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

And the best one. CNN owning faux up the ass

Spoiler:
Young Greezy
Young Greezy
Scrim Team Captain
Scrim Team Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Hoboapple 15/9/2010, 00:19

that last one really grinded my gears

also tennet you're a cool guy but if you aren't trolling i just lost all respect for you
Hoboapple
Hoboapple

Back to top Go down

Post by hyce777 15/9/2010, 01:30

Young Greezy wrote:
hyce777 wrote:So when it comes to these things, I lean more to the Republican side. Not so much that I'm going to be some old close-minded fuck who will only vote for a republican even if he's Hitler.

I don't agree with Obama's economy plans. Some of it is bullshit, straight up. Some of his plans and views are good. Free health care is deserved I think, but I don't believe that now was the best time to try and set it up.

As for gun laws, I completely disagree with Greezy. If you make guns illegal, the people who want guns to do bad nasty things will still be able to get them. I wish I had my friend Dan's packet against gun control. He had a pretty solid point for why it's bad. Off of the top of my head, it showed many countries banning guns, and then several groups of citizens being killed because they could not defend themselves. You can't stop the black market. Today there are people around that have weapons that are illegal, fully automatic assault rifles. They got them illegally, and guess what, if they're already illegal, what's gonna happen if you illegalize all guns? People will still get guns illegally if they need them.

I'm only speaking from experience. Maybe banning them in America won't work simply because of the surplus of firearms you've already created, but harsher gun laws here always result in less gun crime. Guns belong with the police, they will defend you. It's not simply just the banning of guns, it's also a two part operation where you crack down on existing illegal firearms.

Banning them doesn't really work at all IMO. The only way you could fix the problem would be to "un-invent" guns, which is impossible at the current time. If you take all the guns away from the citizens, they will be defenseless. Guns do belong to the police, and they will defend us. However, if you someone breaks into your house trying to rape you or whatnot, you can't exactly say H/o bro, lemme get the police here to defend me. Brb. It don't work that way. Cracking down on the illegal firearms is good, however it would be such a massive project (at least here) that it wouldn't be worth the expenses in most cases. Not to mention, once you've rounded up all the guns, the baddies can go out and get some moar from Mother Russia. lol. I think the best way to go around it is having strict laws about the purchase of guns, which would prevent your daily nutjob from having them.
hyce777
hyce777
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Epps 15/9/2010, 08:58

hyce777 wrote:
Young Greezy wrote:
hyce777 wrote:So when it comes to these things, I lean more to the Republican side. Not so much that I'm going to be some old close-minded fuck who will only vote for a republican even if he's Hitler.

I don't agree with Obama's economy plans. Some of it is bullshit, straight up. Some of his plans and views are good. Free health care is deserved I think, but I don't believe that now was the best time to try and set it up.

As for gun laws, I completely disagree with Greezy. If you make guns illegal, the people who want guns to do bad nasty things will still be able to get them. I wish I had my friend Dan's packet against gun control. He had a pretty solid point for why it's bad. Off of the top of my head, it showed many countries banning guns, and then several groups of citizens being killed because they could not defend themselves. You can't stop the black market. Today there are people around that have weapons that are illegal, fully automatic assault rifles. They got them illegally, and guess what, if they're already illegal, what's gonna happen if you illegalize all guns? People will still get guns illegally if they need them.

I'm only speaking from experience. Maybe banning them in America won't work simply because of the surplus of firearms you've already created, but harsher gun laws here always result in less gun crime. Guns belong with the police, they will defend you. It's not simply just the banning of guns, it's also a two part operation where you crack down on existing illegal firearms.

Banning them doesn't really work at all IMO. The only way you could fix the problem would be to "un-invent" guns, which is impossible at the current time. If you take all the guns away from the citizens, they will be defenseless. Guns do belong to the police, and they will defend us. However, if you someone breaks into your house trying to rape you or whatnot, you can't exactly say H/o bro, lemme get the police here to defend me. Brb. It don't work that way. Cracking down on the illegal firearms is good, however it would be such a massive project (at least here) that it wouldn't be worth the expenses in most cases. Not to mention, once you've rounded up all the guns, the baddies can go out and get some moar from Mother Russia. lol. I think the best way to go around it is having strict laws about the purchase of guns, which would prevent your daily nutjob from having them.
Guns do belong to the police, and they will defend us. However, if aliens visit your home and start trying to probe your ass or whatnot, you can't exactly say H/o bro, lemme get the police here to defend me.

Seriously, I never understood the whole self-defense logic. The odds of something actually happening to you at home are very slim, or at least they are here in the Netherlands where guns are hard to get...
Epps
Epps
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!

http://www.epps.nl

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Greezy 15/9/2010, 13:17

Yeah to be honest, your years of not changing these laws in the U.S have probably fucked over any possibility of being able to change them any time in the near future. Too many already existing guns.

I don't think the self-defence argument is a fair one either though. Sure, there are a lot of people who will use the guns as a deterrent to crime, but it also gives many criminals easy access to guns to use in crimes. You're providing defense and offense basically. And don't give me the "If someone really wants a gun, they'll get it" line. Many murders are classified as manslaughter, which means there was no premeditation. This person just happened to have a gun lying around and used it on impulse. Even if there is premeditation, it doesn't necessarily mean that the murder went out and got a gun with the idea of killing someone. They might have had the gun for sport and chosen to use it in a dire time to kill. In my opinion, this isn't worth the risk. Not a whole lot of gun related criminals are actually using guns which they went out and obtained for the sole reason of killing someone.
Young Greezy
Young Greezy
Scrim Team Captain
Scrim Team Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by hyce777 16/9/2010, 00:32

This is true. I still think it should be very strict. Just today a sheriff's 3 year old son shot himself in the head with his dad's pistol. That's just terrible. It shows you have to be smart, having a gun safe that is secure and not leave them in cases in closets or under beds and what not.

As for the thing happening in your home argument, I'd say that it may not be an issue in many places, but here it can be. I've had three occasions in the 15 years I've lived here where my family's cars have been broken into inside of our garage. That's once every 5 years. Sure that isn't in the house, but it it's in the garage, which is part of the house. It was closed up and locked as well, they broke in. It does happen, and if you have a gun in your house and hear whats going on, just go down there. You don't have to shoot the people, brandishing the weapon will get the point across.

(Also, I just want to make sure everyone remembers the most important rule of debate: Debate the points, not the person. Try to keep out all of the pronouns, if you know what I mean. I don't want this to escalate into something that ruins friendships, that's happened to me before.)
hyce777
hyce777
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum