Pulp Fortress forum archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jumping on the ledge..

+5
Taboo
Nicobbq
DrManette
Epps
Eraserhead
9 posters

Go down

Jumping on the ledge.. Empty Jumping on the ledge..

Post by Eraserhead 11/2/2010, 10:08

Hey this may seem like a stupid question but can someone tell me with the secret is on jumping on the wall that you have near the orange spawn points. I've been playing orange for ages and i can jump on top of it but mostly i have to retry 3 times but i see other players run out of spawn, jump on the railing of that ladder and then jump on the wall as if is the easiest thing in the world. Whats the trick Question
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

http://www.pulpfortress.com

Back to top Go down

Jumping on the ledge.. Empty Re: Jumping on the ledge..

Post by Epps 11/2/2010, 10:42

Crouch -> jump-> crouch ?
I don't know, I always rocket jump/double jump it or go past it because I have the same problem. Trying to jump it 3 times takes me longer then a simple walk past it :p
Epps
Epps
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!

http://www.epps.nl

Back to top Go down

Post by DrManette 11/2/2010, 12:27

Well as a scout I jump to the railing and then double jump onto the ledge. As a soldier I rocket jump, but every other class I just go around. It takes too long to get up there!
DrManette
DrManette

http://www.biofoxgames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicobbq 11/2/2010, 14:30

Crouch jump on it. Just make sure you run of the little ramp first to get some speed.
Nicobbq
Nicobbq
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Taboo 11/2/2010, 19:34

Hl2dm helped me out with it. I never miss it. I'll be on tonight, I'll show you if you're on.
Taboo
Taboo
Acting Game Admin
Acting Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Zurkov 11/2/2010, 20:03

Code:
alias "+crouchjump" "+jump; +duck"; alias "-crouchjump" "endjump"; alias "endjump" "-duck; -jump"; bind "space" "+crouchjump"; alias "+crouch" "+duck; alias -crouchjump -jump"; alias "-crouch" "-duck; alias -crouchjump endjump"; bind "ctrl" "+crouch"
Instructions here.
Lord Zurkov
Lord Zurkov
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Firestar 11/2/2010, 21:38

Figured it out a while ago: Jump onto the railing, then get as far back as possible, run toward the wall, and as you're about to hit the wall, slam down on ctrl and jump about .1 second after. As long as you jumped at the right time, and you were going forward, and still holding crouch, you will make it onto the ledge easily. After only a couple tries, I perfected it, and it's really easy when you know how to do it. It's also immensly useful in css. I almost always jump like that just from instinct now, because you jump higher.

Also, if you do it just the right way, you can get into spawn as almost any class... Still haven't perfected that yet, it's really hard...
Firestar
Firestar

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Greezy 12/2/2010, 01:00

It's not as complex as you'd think. The stairs go up right, but just before they end, they flatten out for a small section. You need speed from running up the stairs but you need to jump off the flat part as well, and you need to hold crouch for the WHOLE jump, until you'd landed. Hopefully this will be explained better by my diagram. (Ignore the hyphens, they're just to help space it.)

---------___
--------|
----_ --|
---/^
--/Jump here (Where the arrow points)
-/
/
Young Greezy
Young Greezy
Scrim Team Captain
Scrim Team Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Eraserhead 12/2/2010, 01:10

Thanks for all the tips guys, i'm gonna do some practice jumping soon. Razz
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Firestar 12/2/2010, 09:25

Young Greezy wrote:It's not as complex as you'd think. The stairs go up right, but just before they end, they flatten out for a small section. You need speed from running up the stairs but you need to jump off the flat part as well, and you need to hold crouch for the WHOLE jump, until you'd landed. Hopefully this will be explained better by my diagram. (Ignore the hyphens, they're just to help space it.)

---------___
--------|
----_ --|
---/^
-/
/

Uhm, sorry, but you don't need any speed except for just from the rail...
Firestar
Firestar

Back to top Go down

Post by miht 12/2/2010, 17:25

Firestar wrote:Figured it out a while ago: Jump onto the railing, then get as far back as possible, run toward the wall, and as you're about to hit the wall, slam down on ctrl and jump about .1 second after. As long as you jumped at the right time, and you were going forward, and still holding crouch, you will make it onto the ledge easily. After only a couple tries, I perfected it, and it's really easy when you know how to do it. It's also immensly useful in css. I almost always jump like that just from instinct now, because you jump higher.

Also, if you do it just the right way, you can get into spawn as almost any class... Still haven't perfected that yet, it's really hard...
I b-bop and strafe.
miht
miht
Junior Game Admin
Junior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Greezy 12/2/2010, 21:49

Firestar wrote:
Young Greezy wrote:It's not as complex as you'd think. The stairs go up right, but just before they end, they flatten out for a small section. You need speed from running up the stairs but you need to jump off the flat part as well, and you need to hold crouch for the WHOLE jump, until you'd landed. Hopefully this will be explained better by my diagram. (Ignore the hyphens, they're just to help space it.)

---------___
--------|
----_ --|
---/^
-/
/

Uhm, sorry, but you don't need any speed except for just from the rail...

By stairs, I meant rail. My bad. Whatever
Young Greezy
Young Greezy
Scrim Team Captain
Scrim Team Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Eraserhead 13/2/2010, 12:38

Young Greezy wrote: You need speed from running up the stairs but you need to jump off the flat part as well, and you need to hold crouch for the WHOLE jump, until you'd landed.
/

Holding crouch really worked for me last night. I could get up there as a sniper easy. Thanks!
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Greezy 14/2/2010, 02:34

Eraserhead wrote:
Young Greezy wrote: You need speed from running up the stairs but you need to jump off the flat part as well, and you need to hold crouch for the WHOLE jump, until you'd landed.
/

Holding crouch really worked for me last night. I could get up there as a sniper easy. Thanks!

Haha no problem
Young Greezy
Young Greezy
Scrim Team Captain
Scrim Team Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum