Pulp Fortress forum archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help with a L4D2 achieve?

5 posters

Go down

Help with a L4D2 achieve? Empty Help with a L4D2 achieve?

Post by Firestar 11/2/2010, 23:36

I just got back into L4D2, (realized I could tone down the graphics, so it doesn't lag (not lagging actually makes a game more fun!)) and I've been trying to get some achievements. I'm aiming for the Guardin' Gnome one, but every time I try it (and I've tried a lot of times) I just can't seem to get a high enough score on the shooting gallery. After many tries, I realized that the main problem is reloading. And I thought, with more than one person, you'd only need to reload half the time!
And so I came here to ask for some help. Anyone in?
Firestar
Firestar

Back to top Go down

Help with a L4D2 achieve? Empty Re: Help with a L4D2 achieve?

Post by Tendo 12/2/2010, 01:11

I'll help you, maybe. But if you join us, we're doing all the achieve's on multi-player... and gnome chompski is one tough mother on multi
Tendo
Tendo
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Eraserhead 12/2/2010, 01:22

Someone actually called me a jerk because i haven't got this game. Is it really that great?
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

http://www.pulpfortress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DrManette 12/2/2010, 01:31

It's generally just plain old good fun. But play the demo and that's pretty much the whole game minus different levels. I really enjoyed playing the demo but not enough to buy it. Too bad, cause I like the bill hat...
DrManette
DrManette

http://www.biofoxgames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Epps 12/2/2010, 06:44

I enjoyed the demo but I am not paying €50 for it. As soon as it drops to €30 I'll might buy it. However that would most likely not happen until L4D3 is out... Ow wait, it is supposed to be €35 because $50 equals €35. But no, valve sucks at math and thinks that $50 equals $50 (which is actually $70!).
Ow valve, why are you discriminating me for being an European with a way stronger currency TT.TT
Epps
Epps
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!

http://www.epps.nl

Back to top Go down

Post by Firestar 12/2/2010, 09:23

DrManette wrote:It's generally just plain old good fun. But play the demo and that's pretty much the whole game minus different levels. I really enjoyed playing the demo but not enough to buy it. Too bad, cause I like the bill hat...

Uhm, well, that's wrong...
And the demo doesn't exist anymore, a nice marketing strategy by Valve. (I mean that literally)
Uh, so, another kind of review by me about a game, I guess...
It has five campains. Each campain has four to five levels in it. The demo of the game had only two levels from one campain. For one, in each campain there are different special infecteds, easter eggs, and the layout of the levels are completely different. There are also achievements for each campain, and like L4D, general achievements, and achieves for versus, scavenge, etc. It has, I think, five different gamemodes as well, that are all online. There are tons of weapons, you see about three in the demo. There are tons of uncommon common, you see one in the demo.
I guess you think this because all it is is just shooting and killing. Technically, yes, but really, with all the different weapons, you need strategy! You're not always going to find your favorite weapon, so you gotta be able to adapt. And then there's strategies for pretty much every infected in the game.
It's just an amazing game, and I'm not sure how to describe it, but it's just really fun to play. The action is great, the writing on the wall, and the things they say are just hilarious sometimes....
If you want proof that this is a great game, it got a metascore of 89. Also, this.
Firestar
Firestar

Back to top Go down

Post by Firestar 12/2/2010, 09:24

Sgt Pepper wrote:I enjoyed the demo but I am not paying €50 for it. As soon as it drops to €30 I'll might buy it. However that would most likely not happen until L4D3 is out... Ow wait, it is supposed to be €35 because $50 equals €35. But no, valve sucks at math and thinks that $50 equals $50 (which is actually $70!).
Ow valve, why are you discriminating me for being an European with a way stronger currency TT.TT

I don't understand any of that, just buy the game!

And HL3 is gonna come out first. Razz
Firestar
Firestar

Back to top Go down

Post by Epps 12/2/2010, 12:18

Firestar wrote:
Sgt Pepper wrote:I enjoyed the demo but I am not paying €50 for it. As soon as it drops to €30 I'll might buy it. However that would most likely not happen until L4D3 is out... Ow wait, it is supposed to be €35 because $50 equals €35. But no, valve sucks at math and thinks that $50 equals $50 (which is actually $70!).

I don't understand any of that, just buy the game!

And HL3 is gonna come out first. Razz
What I mean is that Valve counts $1 as €1 which isn't right. The euro is a strong currency and atm $1 equals €0.75. In other words, for every game valve sells in europe they make an aditional $0.25 for every euro.
Sounds like nothing, but take a game such as L4D2:
it costs $50 in the US and €50 in Europe.
50*0.25=12.5 which means they make an aditional $12.50 for every copy of L4D2 sold in Europe.

Valve
we steal munnies and wont finish HL2E3 :3

Edit: I don't hate Valve, but I do hate how long it takes them to finish a game and how they wont release any info on current projects. I want to know how Gordon Freeman bans the combine from earth TT.TT
Epps
Epps
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!

http://www.epps.nl

Back to top Go down

Post by DrManette 12/2/2010, 18:13

I guess you think this because all it is is just shooting and killing. Technically, yes, but really, with all the different weapons, you need strategy! You're not always going to find your favorite weapon, so you gotta be able to adapt. And then there's strategies for pretty much every infected in the game.
It's just an amazing game, and I'm not sure how to describe it, but it's just really fun to play. The action is great, the writing on the wall, and the things they say are just hilarious sometimes....

Well I'm not saying L4D is a bad game, just not one I would spend 50 bucks to get. Yes there are different weapons and maps, but these are all minor things in my book. Like the Sgt said... I'll wait till it's a lot cheaper.
DrManette
DrManette

http://www.biofoxgames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down