Pulp Fortress forum archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Status of the Server

+2
Tendo
Biggsly
6 posters

Go down

The Status of the Server Empty The Status of the Server

Post by Biggsly 2/5/2010, 23:09

So here's my complaint,

It had been awhile since I'd hopped on the ole TF2 machine, and when I found the time to get on I was horrified. Pulp Fortress has become overcrowded with unfamiliar, loud and annoying people. What makes matters worse is that there are few to no members on, and if they are the general chat is always too loud to communicate.

I guess what bugs me is that there used to be a sense of community. I knew everyone on the server and enjoyed playing with them. We all had seen each other at least once and friends were constantly made. The clan was more close and we didn't feel as distant.

I don't know if any changes can be made to fix this problem. I'm not certain if it is one, maybe it's just the way that things progress. Does anyone else feel this way? Can we return to a state of normality?
Biggsly
Biggsly
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

The Status of the Server Empty Re: The Status of the Server

Post by Tendo 3/5/2010, 00:46

Yeah, theres been some change ever since the latest update. People have been flooding in since then and yes it is good for the server status, but your right. No community. While during the day we have a group of people from pulp, we also have a good regular crowd. Give it some time to get to know people... most of them are ok.

PS. It depends on what time you go on
Tendo
Tendo
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ninji 3/5/2010, 01:36

Same thing happened to every single good CS, CSS, DoDS, and TF2 server I have ever come accross ever.

Its fucking tragic. I miss Utah DS@XMission! Damn you Live On Three Gaming!
ninji
ninji
Clan Member
Clan Member

http://www.tf2items.com/id/ijnin

Back to top Go down

Post by Epps 3/5/2010, 08:11

I kinda feel the same, the community feeling is starting to fade but I mostly blame it on the last TF2 update. It broke sourcemod thus RTD, admin, custom hats and more (basicly we had a vanilla server with no admins). Needlessy to say this triggered a flood of douhebags which is why I (and I'm sure others as well) left the server for a while.
Anyway, I'll say just give it a few days. Everything is back to normal again (except for custom hats) so it will onl be a matter of time until the regulars come back.

On a side-note, it is May which means a lot of (final) exams for those who go to school which means more studying and less gaming. As for me, I'm enjoying other games for a while since I am having my guy-'period' and I dont feel like TF2 while I'm in my guy-period.
Epps
Epps
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!

http://www.epps.nl

Back to top Go down

Post by Eraserhead 3/5/2010, 08:25

Hey Biggsly, what happend man? Haven't seen you in ages. I've also sent you some chats couple of times but you never respond, i guess you didn't see them?

Indeed the server has been packed the last few days, which you can see at the week graph here (scroll down): http://www.gametracker.com/server_info/63.211.105.54:27015/

I really don't understand why so many people picked up TF2 and found our server. Maybe because after each update came out we were very fast in updating and rebooting the server so other servers weren't accessible? idk. Also this update doesn't bring very spectacular changes so i really don't understand. What i like is that our userbase is growing because of this and i'm sure it will lead to more clan members, and the community will grow.
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

http://www.pulpfortress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The Mad Hatter 3/5/2010, 09:24

Reapply the sniper limit, and don't be so scared to votemute. Speaking of which, someone really needs to tell Nicobbq to stop micspamming.
The Mad Hatter
The Mad Hatter
Attention whore
Attention whore

Back to top Go down

Post by Eraserhead 3/5/2010, 09:36

Sniper limit was already applied yesterday but the server just needed a reboot for it to be effective. We couldn't do it because people kept flooding in the whole day. It should be active now. Please report back if it isn't.
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Mad Hatter 3/5/2010, 09:40

Neat.
The Mad Hatter
The Mad Hatter
Attention whore
Attention whore

Back to top Go down

Post by Biggsly 8/5/2010, 08:34

I never got any of your messages Eraserhead, I defiantly would not ignore you. I've just had a lot going on outside of TF2 right now. I have final exams to study for, a new job that requires me to work long and late hours and I've recently starred in a musical. It's been a busy time for me. However, I have not forgotten about Pulp or TF2, so you can expect to see me more often when my schedule clears up (probably within the next 3 or 4 weeks). Until then, I'll do my best to visit the server and forum whenever time permits.
Biggsly
Biggsly
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Eraserhead 8/5/2010, 09:24

Glad to hear that. And hope to see you, good luck with everything you're doing.
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down