Pulp Fortress forum archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Soldier vs Demoman: Which one is better?

+4
miht
Eraserhead
Epps
Google
8 posters

Go down

Soldier vs Demoman: Which one is better? Empty Soldier vs Demoman: Which one is better?

Post by Google 3/5/2010, 17:16

Well I took a break from playing Demoman and started to play Soly just to see which class I liked better. I'm still tied between with Demoman and Soly, so I want the help of the community to help me chose a class so I can practice that class some more.

My question is, which class is better in your opinion? Explain why.

Thanks in advance.
Google
Google
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Soldier vs Demoman: Which one is better? Empty Re: Soldier vs Demoman: Which one is better?

Post by Epps 3/5/2010, 17:58

demoman demoman demoman demoman demoman demoman demoman demoman demoman demoman demoman demoman demoman demoman demoman demoman demoman demoman demoman demoman demoman demoman demoman demoman demoman demoman demoman
DEMOMAN!
demoman demoman demoman demoman demoman demoman demoman demoman demoman demoman demoman demoman demoman demoman demoman demoman demoman demoman demoman demoman demoman demoman demoman demoman demoman demoman demoman
Why? Because he is just that good! Soldier is a class often played by people who dont want to learn any decent skills (lol rocket spam) while demo DEMANDS that you have any skill. Also, there is nothing more statisfying then launching a granade directly on an enemy. Why? Again, it demands more skill then a well placed rocket! Also he has the best taunt ever (scottish resistance taunt) AND he is perfect to mess around with (traps lol).
Downside: Eyelander and Targe turned demo into a knight, makes you wnder when the medic will learn White Magic and when the pyro starts using Fira.

Pyro used FIRA on demoman!
30HP damage to demoman!
Medic used CURA on demoman!
150HP healed
demoman used charge!
500HP damage to Pyro, A CRITICAL HIT!
Pyro died!
You found the Cloak and Dagger!
Epps
Epps
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!

http://www.epps.nl

Back to top Go down

Soldier vs Demoman: Which one is better? Empty Re: Soldier vs Demoman: Which one is better?

Post by Eraserhead 3/5/2010, 18:15

Demoman is the most powerful class in the game if played right. I have blown so many people to bits in the orange tower hehe. It's a shame he hasn't got the gunboats, i was playing demo during the WAR week.

I would suggest demo also because we need you as demo Google, there are so many soldiers, the competition is huge. I have troubles finding good demomen for the pugs i have organized, soldiers is easy.

Like Pepper said soldier is a class that relies more on spam (but still requires class, specifically if it comes to prediction and timing) but demoman is more based on cunningness. Making stickytraps and lure the bait into it. Stay demo i say!

Ya great loch tating wet nerf!! (or whatever he says with that fantastic accent)

PS: Can someone provide me with a sample of the demoman laugh when you dominate someone? It's awesome!
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

http://www.pulpfortress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Epps 3/5/2010, 18:30

The TF2wiki has a lot of sound files from every class. here's the page for demo: http://tf2wiki.net/wiki/Demoman_responses. You could also just extract it from the game files, you'll need GCFScape for that.
Epps
Epps
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!

Back to top Go down

Post by Google 3/5/2010, 18:31

Sgt Pepper wrote:The TF2wiki has a lot of sound files from every class. here's the page for demo: http://tf2wiki.net/wiki/Demoman_responses. You could also just extract it from the game files, you'll need GCFScape for that.
I was looking at that, but they don't have the sound file for the laughter btw.
=--=
Thanks for the answers Very Happy
Google
Google
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by miht 3/5/2010, 19:11

Eraserhead wrote:Demoman is the most powerful class in the game if played right. I have blown so many people to bits in the orange tower hehe. It's a shame he hasn't got the gunboats, i was playing demo during the WAR week.

I would suggest demo also because we need you as demo Google, there are so many soldiers, the competition is huge. I have troubles finding good demomen for the pugs i have organized, soldiers is easy.

Like Pepper said soldier is a class that relies more on spam (but still requires class, specifically if it comes to prediction and timing) but demoman is more based on cunningness. Making stickytraps and lure the bait into it. Stay demo i say!

Ya great loch tating wet nerf!! (or whatever he says with that fantastic accent)

PS: Can someone provide me with a sample of the demoman laugh when you dominate someone? It's awesome!
tidelag. =p but yeah googles pro
miht
miht
Junior Game Admin
Junior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Furgus 3/5/2010, 20:04

I'm a good demo myself as well as soldier. But in my opinion demo is easier and a much better class than soly. You got the sword which is okay. You got the stickies which I use in a normal base.

edit lol sorry

Last edited by Furgus on 4/5/2010, 15:40; edited 1 time in total
Furgus
Furgus
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Eraserhead 3/5/2010, 21:47

THANK YOU SGT PEPPER!

My god LMAO about about the demoman sounds i just listened to thanks to GCFScape.

I never knew there were so many different sounds. There's even commentary of the developers in there, holy shit!

After playing the game for more then 1200 hrs i thought i would have known all the sounds by now. Theres at least 9 different domination texts for each class dominating another class!
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

http://www.pulpfortress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Google 3/5/2010, 21:50

Furgus wrote:I'm a good demo myself as well as soldier. But in my opinion soldier is easier and a much better class than soly. You got the sword which is okay. You got the stickies which I use in a normal base.
Rolling Eyes
Google
Google
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Socrates187 3/5/2010, 21:56

Soldier vs Demoman: Which one is better? Manly_soldier
yall can shut yer mouths.
Socrates187
Socrates187
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Google 3/5/2010, 22:23

Soldier vs Demoman: Which one is better? 091214-tf2-3

Very Happy
Google
Google
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Socrates187 4/5/2010, 15:47

Soldier vs Demoman: Which one is better? Most_hungry
Socrates187
Socrates187
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Epps 4/5/2010, 16:01

Funny to see how the last few posts dont give us a reason for why X is better....
Epps
Epps
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!

Back to top Go down

Post by vladmirbsl69 4/5/2010, 16:06

lol i love both classes equally. Soldier demoman should be franz payload Pinguin
vladmirbsl69
vladmirbsl69

Back to top Go down

Post by Google 4/5/2010, 18:12

Soldier vs Demoman: Which one is better? Tf2__Propaganda_Poster_by_Flufflesthepancake
Google
Google
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Brother_ 4/5/2010, 20:09

In the right hands Demo is more powerful, but it has a pretty high skill level to be as potent as possible. That said, i enjoy and am better at soldier.
Brother_
Brother_
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Google 5/5/2010, 19:53

Lawl, soly is easy to pwn with =/ .
Google
Google
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down