Pulp Fortress forum archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to find the web browser that fits your needs

+2
Socrates187
Epps
6 posters

Go down

How to find the web browser that fits your needs Empty How to find the web browser that fits your needs

Post by Epps 29/5/2010, 18:36

How to find the web browser that fits your needs

By Sgt Pepper

There are a lot of web browsers out there and all of them are unique. Unique however is a funny thing, something that’s unique is not always good and in the case of web browsers everyone has their own demands. This guide will try to help you choose the right one so you can finally browse the web you want it to be. Just go look at the one title that fits most with the person you are.

LOL I AM BROWSING THE INTARWEBS
If it’s simplicity you want than you’re doing fine with your standard IE8 browser, however another great and faster browser is Google Chrome. It loads pages much faster than IE and crashes less.

Something is missing… A CLOCK! And a twitterbar! And a webmaster tool! And a….
Boy aren’t you some crazed kid. It is never enough and that’s why you need a browser with tons of add-ons. That’s right, Mozilla Firefox is your way to browse the web!

I need pages to be rendered PERFECTLY, I am a geek and I use IRC a lot
Okay, normally no one like opera but that’s the musical version. The Opera Webbrowser is well known as one of the best browsers on the market, if you’re looking for decent IRC and perfect rendering that is.

I use iTunes, have an iPod and listen to hipster music
I never liked your kind tbh, always trying to be different while you are all looking the same and use Apple products. That’s right, the browser you ‘need’ is Apple Safari, one of the more meh browsers that is about as good as IE7.

I design websites for a living
Why the hell are you reading his then? If it’s your job to create websites then you know it is important to test it on the popular browsers. IE8, Firefox and Chrome are the browsers you need!

I browse the web on my mobile phone
Opera Mini, it renders FAST and flawless and is speedy as fuck. Otherwise you could just use the default browser unless it is IE you are using.
Epps
Epps
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!

http://www.epps.nl

Back to top Go down

How to find the web browser that fits your needs Empty Re: How to find the web browser that fits your needs

Post by Socrates187 29/5/2010, 22:26

Opera ftw.
Socrates187
Socrates187
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

How to find the web browser that fits your needs Empty Re: How to find the web browser that fits your needs

Post by Young Greezy 29/5/2010, 22:52

LOL I AM BROWSING TEH INTERWEBZ

Answer should almost certainly be chrome. Speedy, slick looking, and that nice download manger.
Young Greezy
Young Greezy
Scrim Team Captain
Scrim Team Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by ninji 30/5/2010, 00:00

Socrates187 wrote:Opera ftw.
ninji
ninji
Clan Member
Clan Member

http://www.tf2items.com/id/ijnin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nick 30/5/2010, 09:15

Young Greezy wrote:LOL I AM BROWSING TEH INTERWEBZ

Answer should almost certainly be chrome. Speedy, slick looking, and that nice download manger.
Nick
Nick
Clan Recruiter
Clan Recruiter

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicobbq 30/5/2010, 09:44

I am using Chrome for most part. I dont need 304 stupid add-ons and plugins. All I wanna do is BROWSING TEJ INTERWEBZ damnit!!!
Nicobbq
Nicobbq
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Epps 30/5/2010, 11:56

Yeah but most people who just browse the web stick with IE because it is what they know and they are afraid for better things Razz

Also as my signature states, Firefox is the way to go! I need those add-ons because I actually use them. Nothing wrong with improving the web ey? Also Chrome allready has or is getting add-on support in the near future.
Epps
Epps
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!

Back to top Go down

Post by ninji 30/5/2010, 15:14

Sgt Pepper wrote:Yeah but most people who just browse the web stick with IE because it is what they know and they are afraid for better things Razz

Also as my signature states, Firefox is the way to go! I need those add-ons because I actually use them. Nothing wrong with improving the web ey? Also Chrome allready has or is getting add-on support in the near future.
Chrome has add-on support. I have a few installed myself, although I don't use Chrome as regularly as Opera or Firefox (Yea, I have all the browsers installed... except Safari... FUCK Safari).
DownloadHelper is my most used add-on for Firefox, being able to download Youtube video's is great. Also Smooth Scroll, and FlashCatch, and FlashGot.... and Google Ranking.... yea, there are some good ones.

AdBlock! Can't forget that one!
ninji
ninji
Clan Member
Clan Member

http://www.tf2items.com/id/ijnin

Back to top Go down

Post by Epps 30/5/2010, 16:11

ninji wrote:
Sgt Pepper wrote:Yeah but most people who just browse the web stick with IE because it is what they know and they are afraid for better things Razz

Chrome has add-on support. I have a few installed myself, although I don't use Chrome as regularly as Opera or Firefox (Yea, I have all the browsers installed... except Safari... FUCK Safari).
DownloadHelper is my most used add-on for Firefox, being able to download Youtube video's is great. Also Smooth Scroll, and FlashCatch, and FlashGot.... and Google Ranking.... yea, there are some good ones.

AdBlock! Can't forget that one!
Dont forget DownThemAll! Pefect when you visit an index page on the web (one with a list + links to all files) or when you want to download a lot of images with one click instead of 90 Razz
Epps
Epps
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down