Pulp Fortress forum archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Melee Mode removed from the server or lets admins control the vote?

+11
jameless
UberLord
DrManette
Furgus
miht
Nicobbq
ninji
Eraserhead
Jonesie|UKCS|
Epps
Lord Zurkov
15 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Melee Mode removed from the server or lets admins control the vote? - Page 2 Empty Re: Melee Mode removed from the server or lets admins control the vote?

Post by ninji 16/4/2010, 21:03

Lord Zurkov wrote:
ninji wrote:Would you mind providing an IP to a melee server?
Gladly. There's an entire maptype devoted to it. Search for "melee_" in the map name field.
Ahha, got you. There are no such servers, I did a search, and only one server came up, not only was it full, and its ping horrendous, but it wasn't even a melee server, it was a "fun" server, and they were only temporarily on that map, AND the server blows!

Not to mention, I had only said Would you mind providing an IP to a melee server? because I knew there weren't any, and I was making the following statement: Why on Earth would I leave my favorite server/map just to enjoy melee mode? If the melee vote failed, would I then proceed to the melee server? God no! Do I join the Pulp server to play melee? Of course not!

Melee mode is fun every once in a while, and Orange is a great map to play it on. And when people say "go play on a melee server" I think "Go play on an Orange server" because there are hundreds of them.
ninji
ninji
Clan Member
Clan Member

http://www.tf2items.com/id/ijnin

Back to top Go down

Melee Mode removed from the server or lets admins control the vote? - Page 2 Empty Re: Melee Mode removed from the server or lets admins control the vote?

Post by miht 16/4/2010, 23:57

i don't get it =x. if a sniper is owning. own him back with sniper right? or go spy and backstab his ass. or scout rush him. theres a lot of things u can do to make a sniper rage. scotus can easily avoid sniper by double jumping. try some different tactics to take the sniepr down first.
miht
miht
Junior Game Admin
Junior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Zurkov 17/4/2010, 02:10

miht wrote:i don't get it =x. if a sniper is owning. own him back with sniper right? or go spy and backstab his ass. or scout rush him. theres a lot of things u can do to make a sniper rage. scotus can easily avoid sniper by double jumping. try some different tactics to take the sniepr down first.
So your solution to a Sniper pwning your team is to drop everything, then either use Spy or fight him on his terms (Scouts are only slightly more useful than any other class against a halfway-decent Sniper that you can't flank).

Is there a solution that involves actually having fun? I don't think people join the server to play someone else's game... they join because they want to play TF2 (unless they're one of said Snipers, in which case I hate them).
Lord Zurkov
Lord Zurkov
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicobbq 17/4/2010, 09:35

Server with 0 snipers : 20-22 / 24 players

Server with a sniper : 15 - 17 / 24

That's what I noticed
Nicobbq
Nicobbq
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DrManette 17/4/2010, 09:48

All i know is that people have way more fun without snipers, sure the snipers have a blast but whoop de fu.cking do.
DrManette
DrManette

http://www.biofoxgames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Eraserhead 17/4/2010, 11:02

votemelee has now been disabled as a public vote, only admins can start the vote now. level 1 and up if i'm not mistaken, please try it out.
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

http://www.pulpfortress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonesie|UKCS| 17/4/2010, 11:06

It works!

Jonesie|UKCS|
I am banned, sad face! Unban me! I don't deserve it !
I am banned, sad face! Unban me! I don't deserve it !

Back to top Go down

Post by Eraserhead 17/4/2010, 11:17

Pepper, please remove votemelee from the MOTD as well.

Guys, we have only 1 sniper spot on the the server right now out of a team of 12 players on both teams. Lets just see how that works, sure i got headshotted a few times but i killed a lot of snipers too, right Gibbo Wink ?

So lets just see how it goes from now on, we can always re-enable votensniper again. I agree with Manette that it can be a lot of fun to play without snipers but i can imagine that being sniper can be great fun too. So lets see how this works out.

As for a another map if anyone sees Tendo online please tell him to e-mail his map to me so we can try that out, it should be an interesting alternative.
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jameless 17/4/2010, 11:57

I have already uploaded Tendo's latest version of his map. It's on the VIP server named cp_orange_x3_pulp_b_n.
jameless
jameless
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Furgus 17/4/2010, 12:33

Could we have 24/7 on the vip server. So anyone can just go in and play? But like when it comes to pugs or scrims just change it. Because the map is rotated.
Furgus
Furgus
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Eraserhead 17/4/2010, 12:41

The VIP server is a private server, that's why it's cheaper. If you would make a donation of maybe $60 we could make a public server out of it so it would not have a password. Wink
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by miht 17/4/2010, 12:44

hmm. we could do hat. or we can advertise the vip server and the password on the orange server. and then when we have scrims and pugs we change it to 2girls1cup or something. and when we are done we can change it abck to m 1 c
miht
miht
Junior Game Admin
Junior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Eraserhead 17/4/2010, 12:48

Yes we can put sprays on orange like: join us on VIP server NOW!

Btw i can even make a webshortcut so when people type VIP in chat they would be connected!
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by miht 17/4/2010, 12:53

Eraserhead wrote:Yes we can put sprays on orange like: join us on VIP server NOW!

Btw i can even make a webshortcut so when people type VIP in chat they would be connected!
ah k. you know that green thing that pops up every so often automaticly. i think you should put a ad there to browse the forums and to go to the vip. most of our regulars don't really browse the forums/ some dont't even know we have forums lol. and the vip thing. is gonna be epic. but it should be somthing longer. its like someguy types vip by accidnet and hes liek WTFFF
miht
miht
Junior Game Admin
Junior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Eraserhead 17/4/2010, 13:06

who types in vip?

Anyway the vip server was meant for members only and for testing purposes. If we are gonna advertise it like all the time then that's conflicting with the original goal. Maybe we should make a mixed stock/custom map server with 12 slots and advertise that? Only it think we should first get at least $65 of donations each month first.
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jameless 17/4/2010, 13:20

I agree Eraser. I think if we get enough of a donation we should start a separate server for rotation. Noone likes to be told to get out because we have to start a scrim/pug.
jameless
jameless
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Greezy 17/4/2010, 16:59

My stance is that we should get a 24 man stock rotation server. <<<PULP STOCK>>>> would be good. Then we wouldn't just be "that awesome orange clan" anymore, we'd be "that awesome EVERYTHING clan!"
Young Greezy
Young Greezy
Scrim Team Captain
Scrim Team Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Epps 17/4/2010, 17:05

Young Greezy wrote:My stance is that we should get a 24 man stock rotation server. <<<PULP STOCK>>>> would be good. Then we wouldn't just be "that awesome orange clan" anymore, we'd be "that awesome EVERYTHING clan!"
I like stock/detailed maps more than orange_x3. Problem with getting a new server is that it means we would need more money since servers dont come cheap. Also, since we allready are very off-topic, isn't there a fixed version of Orange_x3? One with both teams being able to get in spawn, a area to change classes without suiciding, no missing textures and fixed walls? Would be nice to see it, could call it Orange_x3_fixed so it wont scare peopel off because it has a new name.

Edit: by the way, Greezy came up with another idea: renaming the server to one that actually lets people know it is a 24/7 orange_x3 server. It would most likely give us more players since right now all they see is PULP FORTRESS.
Epps
Epps
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!

http://www.epps.nl

Back to top Go down

Post by Eraserhead 17/4/2010, 18:12

A 24 slot server is $30 a month.

I have uploaded tendo's fixed orange map to the public server today so if i reboot the server tomorrow we can play it!

About renaming:

This has been suggested before. I'm not against it. But i have doubts if this will attract more players:
-right now the name really stands out from others because of the <<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>
-since you can sort on maps in the server list people who want to play orange will find us

So why would renaming be an improvement?
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Epps 17/4/2010, 18:46

Eraserhead wrote:A 24 slot server is $30 a month.

I have uploaded tendo's fixed orange map to the public server today so if i reboot the server tomorrow we can play it!

About renaming:

This has been suggested before. I'm not against it. But i have doubts if this will attract more players:
-right now the name really stands out from others because of the <<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>
-since you can sort on maps in the server list people who want to play orange will find us

That way people would know what to expect before joining. If I am in the mood for map_x then I go look for a server thay plays it 24/7 so it wont get changed in bitween, not just a server that is playing it at the moment.
Epps
Epps
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!

Back to top Go down

Post by Furgus 17/4/2010, 18:58

I didn't read through the comments. But what I meant was that leave the map on the whole time. So clan members or people with the password could test out the map. And when there is a pug just change the map to granary or badlands.
Furgus
Furgus
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Epps 17/4/2010, 19:49

Furgus wrote:I didn't read through the comments.
That's what you did wrong, there only are a few and wouldn't take you any more then 2 minutes to read. Also your post doesn't make much sense to be ans I only had one beer so far...
Epps
Epps
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!

Back to top Go down

Post by Eraserhead 17/4/2010, 20:12

Sgt Pepper wrote:
Eraserhead wrote:

About renaming:

That way people would know what to expect before joining. If I am in the mood for map_x then I go look for a server thay plays it 24/7 so it wont get changed in bitween, not just a server that is playing it at the moment.

OK thats a good point. So what should the new name look like, maybe a best of both worlds? :

Option1:
<<<<<<Orange<<<<<<<PULP FORTRESS>>>>>>>>24x7>>>>>>>>

Option2:
<<<<<<24x7<<<<<<<PULP FORTRESS>>>>>>>>Orange>>>>>>>>

Option3:
<<<PULP FORTRESS>>><<<24X7 ORANGE>>>

Option4:
{PULP Fortress} {24x7 Orange}

Of course any other suggestions are welcome. But keep in mind that how cool or beautiful the name looks is less important then this: It has to attract players!!!
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Furgus 17/4/2010, 20:52

k w/e
Furgus
Furgus
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by gibbo 17/4/2010, 20:55

i like option 3 best.i thing we should keep the <<<<>>> as it stands out from the rest
gibbo
gibbo
Acting Game Admin
Acting Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next