Pulp Fortress forum archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

i'd consider this news: fairly large tf2 update

+12
Taboo
Lord Zurkov
Havik
vladmirbsl69
Furgus
Epps
Eraserhead
Tendo
Young Greezy
ninji
Brother_
LOOK IT'S ADAM!!!
16 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

i'd consider this news: fairly large tf2 update - Page 2 Empty Re: i'd consider this news: fairly large tf2 update

Post by Epps 29/4/2010, 19:33

Nothing, you just shared it with us. Now all there is left to us is having it watched by one of us...
Epps
Epps
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!

http://www.epps.nl

Back to top Go down

i'd consider this news: fairly large tf2 update - Page 2 Empty Re: i'd consider this news: fairly large tf2 update

Post by Havik 29/4/2010, 19:52

Exia STEAM_0:1:22623760

http://pulpfortress.clanservers.com/tf2stats/id/STEAM_0:1:22623760

I warned this player Several times that this would earn them a ban, and guess what, they didn't listen.

Demo
http://www.mediafire.com/?jauoyymzino

Also, they were making the stuff as a spy, which is a terrible glitch.
Havik
Havik

http://www.sharpstyles.co.cc

Back to top Go down

Post by Furgus 29/4/2010, 20:29

The nearly filled up the whole spawn just with dispensers.

btw What program do use to watch these files?
Furgus
Furgus
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Epps 29/4/2010, 20:44

You use TF2 to watch them.
Epps
Epps
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Zurkov 29/4/2010, 20:48

Oh, it's against the server rules? I was screwing around with it before Valve gets around to patching it, but I didn't know it would constitute any sort of serious offense.

I even made a script to make it easier. Sad
Spoiler:
The way I see it, this bug won't be around for very long and it's worth screwing around with while it lasts. But I guess that's just me.

Last edited by Lord Zurkov on 29/4/2010, 21:01; edited 1 time in total
Lord Zurkov
Lord Zurkov
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Taboo 29/4/2010, 20:55

That looks totally awesome, if i was playing i would so do the same. I really don't think this should be a bannable offence but that's just my opinion. Why ban someone for something that they won't be able to do in the next week or so? It's just as zurkov said, just messing around, having a fun time! lol Very Happy
Taboo
Taboo
Acting Game Admin
Acting Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Eraserhead 29/4/2010, 21:00

Guys you are forgetting sourcebans. I don't think banning still works but i didn't test it. I see the sourcebans dashboard still has connectivity with the server, so that's a good thing:

http://pulpfortress.clanservers.com/sourcebans/index.php?p=home

After logging in with my account (all you admins have accounts!) i could rightclick the active players and select kick or ban. With sourcebans you can even upload demo's! (never tried it before though)

Also simply reporting playernames isn't enough, we need steam ID's or steam profile pages. I did see some ID's coming by in this thread so this remark is not for everyone.

So admins please try to ban a player next time via the sourcebans webpage, while ingame you should just go to www.pulpfortress.com and click sourcebans and login.

PS: I love the screenshots of all the sentries

Even if a player isn't banned immediately it's still worth registering the ban via sourcebans because as soon as sourcemod is fixed it will work again and ban that player on our servers.

Also i can still kick players via HLSW admin tool, only ban doesn't work. Also tried the console command but nothing happened. I'm looking for an alternative admin tool right now... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

http://www.pulpfortress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by LOOK IT'S ADAM!!! 29/4/2010, 21:17

this is what happens when the admins let it go.
the server crashed a few minutes afterwards when they tried to destroy everything at once.

LOOK IT'S ADAM!!!
LOOK IT'S ADAM!!!
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by The Mad Hatter 29/4/2010, 21:31

I'm gonna speak up for the guy who's not being defended by anyone.

Pulp members have been caught doing the same thing, though I won't name names. The game right now is a complete mess of exploits, why not just let it get fixed and move on? It's not like it's effecting anyone's precious rank--that isn't working either.

Edit:
http://forum.pulpfortress.com/news-f1/i-d-consider-this-news-fairly-large-tf2-update-t702.htm

Run down that post and count the number of Pulp members complaining that they can't perform their personal favorite exploit/glitch proportional to the posts made.

Edit2: That's funny, that link actually got merged with the topic we were originally on.

Last edited by The Mad Hatter on 29/4/2010, 22:00; edited 1 time in total
The Mad Hatter
The Mad Hatter
Attention whore
Attention whore

Back to top Go down

Post by Eraserhead 29/4/2010, 21:47

A snapshot release of sourcemod and metamod have come out which seem to fix almost everything. Only the custom hats are not working and i'm unsure about the ranking plugin. I will have updated both servers soon, i'm working on the VIP server now...

PS: I merged this with adams topic about the update coming out because it's basically all related.

edit: I just updated the VIP server with latest sourcemod and metamod but the admin menu still isn't working. I guess we have to wait till tomorrow when the stable release comes out. Also i expect valve to come with a fix for the engies tomorrow.
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LOOK IT'S ADAM!!! 29/4/2010, 23:06

this just out.

- Added new items to commemorate our 119th (or so) update.
- Fixed several issues with the Source SDK
- Scout's "Retire the Runner" achievement updated to be:
- "Kill a Scout while they are under the effect of Crit-a-Cola."
- Added a 20% damage bonus to The Backburner
- Fixed the Flare Gun's afterburn duration being lowered by the Flamethrower's duration reduction
- Fixed the teleporter exit using the wrong particle effect
- Fixed HUD damage indicators not appearing
- Fixed Teleporters not reverting to level 1 when their other side is destroyed
- Fixed receiving damage not causing view-kicks on players
- Fixed Engineers & Spies being able to circumvent build restrictions
- Fixed Server Browser not saving filter settings properly
- Fixed a client crash in the targetID on clients running custom HUDs
LOOK IT'S ADAM!!!
LOOK IT'S ADAM!!!
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Eraserhead 30/4/2010, 07:25

Jameless performed this update on our servers, so no more engie exploits!
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Epps 30/4/2010, 07:29

Yeah I noticed it, TF2 was downloading once again. Best part of the update: "Fixed Engineers & Spies being able to circumvent build restrictions.".
As for the exploiting, if my admin panel was working yesterday I would have warned the players exploiting and I might as well banned them if they ignored my orders and yes, this includes clanmembers. Wait, ryou would ban a clanmember?!
Yes I would because I would expect them to be serious players, wanna enjoy the exploiting go to the VIP server but dont do it on a public server where you are screwing people over who just want to play the game.
Epps
Epps
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!

Back to top Go down

Post by Eraserhead 30/4/2010, 08:10

Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Furgus 30/4/2010, 09:09

YES FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!! And yeah some of the members/applicants were doing the same thing but they stopped after awhile. Others just kept going. And I can finally work on my new map coming up.
Furgus
Furgus
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Furgus 30/4/2010, 09:38

Btw I have been having some problems with tf2 recently. And was wondering if it was because of the update.

1. So when I'm capping a point or just running around. I don't see the little squares at the bottom. The squares at the bottom used to show me. IF a control point was captured by the red or blue.
i'd consider this news: fairly large tf2 update - Page 2 Cp_ora13

2. Every time now since the update. When I go in Tf2. I've had to readjust my resolution every time I go on tf2. The resolution is always at wide screen and and a resolution that makes everything big. My normal resolution is where it's normal screen and the letters are medium sized.

Could anyone help me with this? Should I just reinstall tf2?
Furgus
Furgus
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by LOOK IT'S ADAM!!! 30/4/2010, 10:52

FYI, the engie exploit is not fixed, and more and more people know how to do it.
LOOK IT'S ADAM!!!
LOOK IT'S ADAM!!!
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

i'd consider this news: fairly large tf2 update - Page 2 Empty TF2 Update #119

Post by Lord Zurkov 30/4/2010, 13:07

In response to the veteran's medals included in the update:
Lord Zurkov wrote:FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU——

I've been with TF2 since the beta, but I spent a hell of a lot of that time on my brother's account. He's gonna get a medal that shows how committed he is... and he plays so rarely that the last time I checked he hadn't even gotten on long enough to claim his Cheater's Lament yet. -_-
Lord Zurkov wrote:TF2 was released on October 10, 2007. Steam says my brother bought his on Oct 9, 2007 (he had pre-ordered it, so we got to take part in the beta). He hardly ever played it though, so I used his account. After all, it'd be stupid to buy the game twice if only one person is using it, right?

...right? Well, when I eventually got TF2 on my account, it was purchased May 7, 2008. Then this happens.

Goddamnit, Valve.
I feel like Valve robbed me. Again.

The reason we got the Orange Box on his account instead of mine was because he'd get more playtime out of the other four games than I would (which wasn't very much).

Last edited by Lord Zurkov on 30/4/2010, 13:19; edited 1 time in total
Lord Zurkov
Lord Zurkov
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jameless 30/4/2010, 13:19

@Adam: Do you mean the update didn't fix it? Or our servers aren't fixed?
jameless
jameless
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonesie|UKCS| 30/4/2010, 14:03

Our servers arn't fixed! Sad

Jonesie|UKCS|
I am banned, sad face! Unban me! I don't deserve it !
I am banned, sad face! Unban me! I don't deserve it !

Back to top Go down

Post by jameless 30/4/2010, 14:05

Can anyone test if anyone else's servers are still doing the engy exploit because I installed the update that was supposed to fix this.
jameless
jameless
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ADAM 30/4/2010, 14:32

the update didn't fix it. there is a way to get around the fix, i won't say it here, but PM me if you want the details.

ADAM

Back to top Go down

Post by ADAM 30/4/2010, 14:42

damn, can't edit as guest. anyways, i can confirm that this is still a problem on all servers, my server still allowed a modified version of the exploit to happen. curious, i went over to the PULP server and tested it there, it still happens. so if you get complaints about me building 6 dispensers in the spawn, you know why. i went to a couple other servers and discovered there is a sourcemod plugin that fixes the problem in a roundabout fashion(by kicking/banning the user). it was sent out to the windows hlds list:

however, i think that injecting Bl4nk's engineer building destroyer plugin into this new one would provide a better solution by destroying the buildings instead of kicking the player.

ADAM

Back to top Go down

Post by jameless 30/4/2010, 14:43

Ok thanks for this. I will msg you on steam.

yea we have that engy destroy plugin but we can't get sourcemod to work properly.
jameless
jameless
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Furgus 30/4/2010, 14:49

Yeah today when I was in the server this guy called Pokemon Master was building dispensers and sentries. And was suing a different method. Which is really similar to the original method.
Furgus
Furgus
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next