Pulp Fortress forum archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A little less Greezy in the next little while

4 posters

Go down

A little less Greezy in the next little while Empty A little less Greezy in the next little while

Post by Young Greezy 13/5/2010, 20:00

Well, it's that time of year. Exams are here and culmative evaluations so that means that you'll be seeing a little bit less of me. I mean, I hate school so I'll still try to be on as much as I can, but you'll probably see me mostly just after school (3-5 GMT -5), and late in the evenings (After 10 pm). Also, this means no pugs for me unless they're Night Owl pugs, and no scrims (possibly if they're late or on a friday evening) because my parents make me work during the day so I chill at night.

Fear not, I won't be completely absent. Just less active.

Expect All this to clear up around June 22nd.
Young Greezy
Young Greezy
Scrim Team Captain
Scrim Team Captain

Back to top Go down

A little less Greezy in the next little while Empty Re: A little less Greezy in the next little while

Post by ninji 13/5/2010, 20:01

June 22nd? When does your school get out?
ninji
ninji
Clan Member
Clan Member

http://www.tf2items.com/id/ijnin

Back to top Go down

A little less Greezy in the next little while Empty Re: A little less Greezy in the next little while

Post by Young Greezy 13/5/2010, 20:03

June 10th, but exams are long. That's the last day of exams, so that's the latest I'll be inactive until
Young Greezy
Young Greezy
Scrim Team Captain
Scrim Team Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by ninji 13/5/2010, 21:24

Young Greezy wrote:June 10th, but exams are long. That's the last day of exams, so that's the latest I'll be inactive until

I still don't get it, but you are in Canada, where pants are worn on your head, and exams last well after school is over o.O
ninji
ninji
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Greezy 13/5/2010, 21:51

Our pants are worn on our arms, thank you very much.

Okay how it works is like this. 70% of your mark is calculated from september to may, then 30% in every class is calculated in may and june in the form of a final project and exam. The projects get done around the end of may, then the first week of june is moratorium, where you just review in class. Then classes end and exams start, where you get an exam schedule and go in for 2 hour (most of the time) sections to write exams.

How does it work down there ninji?
Young Greezy
Young Greezy
Scrim Team Captain
Scrim Team Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by ninji 13/5/2010, 23:38

Initiation of school year to beginning of Winter Break is considered Semester 1 [which is broken into Quarter One and Quarter Two; wherein each teacher is a little different as to how grades roll from Q1 to Q2 (and Q3 to Q4), either they start fresh, or they keep going]. At the beginning of Semester 2, grades are reset, regardless of teachers quota. Then at the end of May, we have our Final Exams. Those are weighted by the discretion of the teacher, either they weigh a lot, or they weigh a little, although, generally, they all weigh about 15%-20% of your grade; but, again, it is at the discretion of the teacher.

At the end of it all, they tally it together based on its weight, where, regardless of Finals weight, Sem1 and Sem2 are equal in weight.

Then you get your final grade, but if you failed Sem1 with a 55% and exceeded Sem2 and Finals and ended at the entire year with an average of 75% or so, you still need to retake Sem1, because you failed it, as classes are essentially broken into two units, regardless of the class.

I make it sound more complicated than it is.
ninji
ninji
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Greezy 14/5/2010, 15:50

We have a lot more regulations here I think. All final exams must be worth 10-20%, while the project must fulfill the difference.

We have two semesters but no quarters, and the grades stack from each semester. My school is different from most others in the Toronto District School Board because it's non-semestered. This means that we do all the classes we signed up for all year, ass opposed to doing four until january then four until the end of the year. This also makes final exams a bitch because it's eight exams instead of four.

Teachers basically have no say in how to divide up the course marks, it's mostly regulated by the curriculum outline.
Young Greezy
Young Greezy
Scrim Team Captain
Scrim Team Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Havik 14/5/2010, 17:34

Yeah, in the Halton District School Board, we have it set up with 2 semesters. Each of those is broken up into Term 1, and Term 2. (each are half of the semester) where we get mid-semester reports on how we are doing. So we have 4 classes from September - January. Then about 1 and a half weeks for exams. Then Semester 2 starts, leaving the rest of January - June 20 something. Where in mid-semester you get a report, its the same as first semester. But, different classes each semester. yes it is a better set up than Greezies school, but then after 2nd semester, the exams go until the 30th, but I don't have any for second semester Cool As for the percentage of the exam, its usually worth 15%, then you have a sumative for the course that is also worth 15%. The other class work, projects, etc are worth 70%. So you can make up a lot of marks in the last month.
Havik
Havik

http://www.sharpstyles.co.cc

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Greezy 14/5/2010, 19:35

Yeah basically yours is better havik. Exceptt...

Halton District School board
Fail
Young Greezy
Young Greezy
Scrim Team Captain
Scrim Team Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by UberLord 14/5/2010, 20:00

So, explain to me how this got into a topic about how school grading prodecures are run?
UberLord
UberLord

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Greezy 14/5/2010, 20:08

Because school grading procedures are the reason I'll be less active
Young Greezy
Young Greezy
Scrim Team Captain
Scrim Team Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by UberLord 14/5/2010, 20:28

Thank you for the explanation, I get lost in long walls of text pretty easily.
UberLord
UberLord

Back to top Go down

Post by Havik 14/5/2010, 22:32

lol, its understandable that the HDSB is bad..... but my school is awesome so GTFO! Also, Good luck on exams Razz
Havik
Havik

http://www.sharpstyles.co.cc

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down