Pulp Fortress forum archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If we get a new server with map rotation

+13
Tidelag
Google
Jonesie|UKCS|
Cake
Eraserhead
1TheGizmo
hyce777
Nicobbq
Furgus
Nick
Young Greezy
Epps
Afro
17 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

If we get a new server with map rotation - Page 3 Empty Re: If we get a new server with map rotation

Post by Eraserhead 30/6/2010, 14:10

hyce777 wrote:I don't think we should have a limit to map playtimes. I'd like it how we do it at CGMZ. Pick a map to start on, play it til we get bored or it get's RTV'ed. Always the most fun option, IMO.

Yesterday i noticed how the server emptied again when the round ended. Me and Jameless discussed Hyce's suggestion and we think we should change it to this.
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

http://www.pulpfortress.com

Back to top Go down

If we get a new server with map rotation - Page 3 Empty Re: If we get a new server with map rotation

Post by Nicobbq 30/6/2010, 17:55

Agreed, because once people get on it, it's easy to maintain them. But as soon as a round ends / server crash / anything stops, people just leave.
I do the same on some servers, im playing a good game, then when it ends, i stop playing tf2 and go do something else.
Nicobbq
Nicobbq
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by vladmirbsl69 30/6/2010, 22:57

/necropost?
vladmirbsl69
vladmirbsl69

Back to top Go down

Post by jameless 30/6/2010, 23:13

vladmirbsl69 wrote:/necropost?
Not a necropost since the last post was 9 days ago.

We made these changes and it appeared to help a bit. The server just emptied about 20 minutes ago and has people in it for quite a while. I think this will work nicely but I think we have to perhaps advertise or include in the hostname the fact that it has RTV available. This way people don't see Rotation and then sit there thinking WTF?
jameless
jameless
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Eraserhead 30/6/2010, 23:29

Eraserhead wrote:I noticed our new server was empty yesterday. We have to try and build a steady crowd for that server so people keep it in their favorites lists.

Therefore i request on the admins to make steam events with our PULP steam community group to get the server filled. There are already a few people who have it in their list and will join when they see other people playing, so it's not that hard.

Also we should try to expand our steam community group by sending invites. Who will be the volunteers for these tasks this week?

Next week we can have some other admins do this job.

This is still a problem. Today i joined and made an event. I almost left and then Lieutennet joined. And after that Ninji came and someone else. We were playing for 5 minutes and then 3 other people joined all at the same time and then Google and Rusty and Gibbo joined. Later Nico and bullet dropped by and we had 14 players for a while. So it is not that hard to get the server filled. I remember Jonesie volunteered for this job but i don't think he managed to do it. Who else want's to do this job this week? We gotta make a success out of that server!

Maybe change the default map the server starts up with? Currently it's freight. Most popular TF2 maps ever:

1 valve map (or included in official release) ctf_​2fort
2 valve map (or included in official release) pl_​goldrush
3 valve map (or included in official release) cp_​dustbowl
4 valve map (or included in official release) pl_​badwater
5 valve map (or included in official release) ctf_​turbine
6 valve map (or included in official release) cp_​granary
7 valve map (or included in official release) pl_​hoodoo_​final
8 valve map (or included in official release) ctf_​doublecross
9 valve map (or included in official release) cp_​badlands
10 achievement_​idle

Current maps in the cycle:

cp_gravelpit
cp_dustbowl
cp_granary
cp_well
cp_freight_final1
cp_steel
cp_badlands
pl_goldrush
cp_fastlane
ctf_turbine
pl_badwater
plr_pipeline
cp_gorge
cp_egypt_final
pl_hoodoo_final
koth_sawmill
cp_yukon_final
koth_viaduct
ctf_sawmill
ctf_doublecross
koth_nucleus

It would help maybe minimize the mapchoice if more members could respond to this topic:

http://forum.pulpfortress.com/suggestions-f17/stock-server-maps-t1048.htm

Last edited by Eraserhead on 30/6/2010, 23:40; edited 2 times in total
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by vladmirbsl69 30/6/2010, 23:31

well when i can ill try
vladmirbsl69
vladmirbsl69

Back to top Go down

Post by Eraserhead 30/6/2010, 23:47

jameless wrote:
vladmirbsl69 wrote:/necropost?
Not a necropost since the last post was 9 days ago.

We made these changes and it appeared to help a bit. The server just emptied about 20 minutes ago and has people in it for quite a while. I think this will work nicely but I think we have to perhaps advertise or include in the hostname the fact that it has RTV available. This way people don't see Rotation and then sit there thinking WTF?

Feel free to add it to the hostname, although it's also advertised during the game.
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by hyce777 1/7/2010, 01:37

I would help out with the server, however I'd rather not when I have my own CGMZ server in which I have head admin, and I can pick the maps, etc.

The way we get things to work in my clan is simple:

1. Me and Kane the Messiah start a match, 1v1.
2. Some of our closer friends (Jake, Mr. Luck, Drillmaster) will come and join.
3. I spam everyone in my friends list who is online or in TF2 (usually that ain't on pulp, don't like spamming y'all) to come join.
4. Random people join, and after 30 minutes or so you get a decently full server.

I was really pleased when I saw a couple PULP guys come. I've had jameless pop in unnounced, along with afro.
hyce777
hyce777
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Eraserhead 2/7/2010, 08:07

Give me your IP again Hyce, somehow steam messed up my favo's.
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by hyce777 2/7/2010, 14:14

No it didn't, we recently moved the -CGMZ- server from Sunmark's house to Kane the Messiah's, thus giving it a new IP.

-CGMZ- Server: 98.193.118.32:27015
hyce777
hyce777
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Greezy 2/7/2010, 14:31

You noobs. Pay for your goddamn server!
Young Greezy
Young Greezy
Scrim Team Captain
Scrim Team Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by hyce777 2/7/2010, 14:36

Why would we do that when kane the messiah has like 5 pc's and only really uses 2? We could have 2 servers! Screw paying for servers. Homegrown are more manageable AND free!
hyce777
hyce777
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Greezy 2/7/2010, 17:52

Whoa how does he have 5 working PC's. Is he rich or something?
Young Greezy
Young Greezy
Scrim Team Captain
Scrim Team Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonesie|UKCS| 2/7/2010, 17:59

Seems like it, Greez. Bloody seems like it.

Jonesie|UKCS|
I am banned, sad face! Unban me! I don't deserve it !
I am banned, sad face! Unban me! I don't deserve it !

Back to top Go down

Post by jameless 2/7/2010, 19:12

No need to mention how many PC's I have then. I'm certainly not rich but I have more than 5 pc's.
jameless
jameless
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Greezy 2/7/2010, 19:14

jameless wrote:No need to mention how many PC's I have then. I'm certainly not rich but I have more than 5 pc's.

Yeah but that's your JOB.
Young Greezy
Young Greezy
Scrim Team Captain
Scrim Team Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by hyce777 2/7/2010, 19:20

Lol well Kane has his nice desktop, his nice laptop (the 2 he uses), his old desktop (circa 05-06), an older desktop (2001 ish, this is our server), and a really crappy old PC he uses as a data server because it has a processor in the megahertz range, lol.
hyce777
hyce777
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Greezy 2/7/2010, 19:22

Oh I thought you meant like, good computers. Actually now that you mention it...

I have: My Computer (2010)
My brother's computer (2007)
My Brother's computer (2007)
My last brother's computer (2010)
My old Computer (2004)
My older computer (2001)

Oh yeah...

All computers were top of the line when bought.
Young Greezy
Young Greezy
Scrim Team Captain
Scrim Team Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Epps 2/7/2010, 19:27

Let's see...
Packerd Bell Pentium II PC from the mid 90's (originally win95) --> scavenged for RAM and retired.
Custom builded Pentium IV PC from around 2000 (originally win98) --> retired after scavenging CD burner, RAM and 12GB HDD.
HP Pavilion something desktop from 2001 (first model with win XP) --> still in use by parents, parts are outdated and starting to fail.
HP Pavilion DV6 1020ED laptop from 2009 (originally Vista) --> going to be replaced next year by a newer gaming/entertainment laptop.

Back on-topic: We should put some more effort into making the stock server more popular. I tried an event twice but no one came Sad Ow, today I didn't joined because we just finished a 2.5 hour pug xD
Epps
Epps
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!

http://www.epps.nl

Back to top Go down

Post by vladmirbsl69 2/7/2010, 20:47

so this turned from server to all of our compytars

Also today Eraser, Dumbasscuss, and I got on the sever and about 30 minutes later there were about 16 people on. Just get about 3-4 people on the server and people will join.
vladmirbsl69
vladmirbsl69

Back to top Go down

Post by Eraserhead 3/7/2010, 12:36

Yes i noticed it takes a while after you do an event. You just have to be prepared to play for 30 minutes with just 1 or 2 other people. As soon as we had 6 players it filled pretty quickly to the point where we had 18 players.

gg vlad and dumbasscus!
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3