Pulp Fortress forum archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Engineer Class Limits

+6
gibbo
Epps
Nicobbq
Hoboapple
Young Greezy
Vital
10 posters

Go down

Engineer Class Limits Empty Engineer Class Limits

Post by Vital 11/7/2010, 20:54

Since the release of the Engineer class update and everyone getting there items all in a day. I think 3 engies becomes quite difficult to actually push forward, even if you become spy or demoman. Only way to prevent engie stuff from dying is to just get a pyro that guards it through the whole game and it ruins the fun if you have 3 engies top of the tower sniping across the map with their Sentry. Anyways, this thread was made to rework the class limit on the OP class of engies and make it into a fair playing class where players can actually enjoy losing while also trying to find a way to actually gain a chance to win instead of dying constantly to 3 sentries from across the map.
Should we have 1 engie? or 2 engies? The class limit now is 3 engies and it just seems a bit overkill when you have 3 sentry laser aiming at you and dying within a second.
Vital
Vital
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Engineer Class Limits Empty Re: Engineer Class Limits

Post by Young Greezy 11/7/2010, 21:12

I agree. 1 engie limit for at least another month please.
Young Greezy
Young Greezy
Scrim Team Captain
Scrim Team Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Hoboapple 11/7/2010, 21:31

Maybe leave it as is just for a little bit until it dies down? I know this is the opposite of what you want but people who come will be like "WTF I WAN ENG1!!" and rage quit the server
Hoboapple
Hoboapple

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicobbq 11/7/2010, 21:52

Leave it like that for now. People wanna play the engie because of the engie update. The same phenomenon occured during the demoman/soldier update or the spy VS sniper update.
In about a month, once all the craze is gone, put the limit to 2 engies.

But for now, limiting the most popular class might be a bad move.
Nicobbq
Nicobbq
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Greezy 11/7/2010, 23:03

I really don't think it will affect anything at all. I think it could be a good move. People will be able to find salvation from the noobs who only play engineer by coming to our server(s).
Young Greezy
Young Greezy
Scrim Team Captain
Scrim Team Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Epps 11/7/2010, 23:23

I hate servers with too much engies, yet 3 doesn't sound that much. I mean even if they are camping the tower together we can take them out, not the first time they would to that...
1 engie is stupid, makes it too easy to rape them as a spy/pyro/heavy/demo/sollie. 2 Engies I can life with tho...
Epps
Epps
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!

http://www.epps.nl

Back to top Go down

Post by Vital 11/7/2010, 23:31

I believe 2 engies seem plenty to me, instead of having 3 which is pretty much overkill, 2 would make it sort of challenging to the engies themselves if they were on the same team and actually communicating. We reduce the Heavy limit and Sniper limit because they were the only class that actually are a very OP class in game when there's minimal of ppl. Now that the engie update has came out, and it's a popular class only because of the new items, the engie has now become a class that can kill snipers, heavies, and any class that can't slip through the defense of the sentry.
Also the way engies work is when you got 3 engies, one can move it stuff forward very easily because it's a level 3 Sentry that's been upgraded since spawn and the other 2 engies can sit back and defend that 3rd engie. With 2 engies, it causes a challenge for both of the engies and would make a demoman or spy a valuable class again to take out the engie who's defending that 2nd engie trying to make a push with his level 3 sentry.
Since the Engie update, I have not seen the group of noob engie work alone, they're always working together in upgrading the buildings and covering each other back, so sapping there things would take awhile before the buildings actually die out when you have 3 engies banging on each other buildings.
Vital
Vital
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by gibbo 12/7/2010, 07:01

Vital wrote:I believe 2 engies seem plenty to me, instead of having 3 which is pretty much overkill, 2 would make it sort of challenging to the engies themselves if they were on the same team and actually communicating. We reduce the Heavy limit and Sniper limit because they were the only class that actually are a very OP class in game when there's minimal of ppl. Now that the engie update has came out, and it's a popular class only because of the new items, the engie has now become a class that can kill snipers, heavies, and any class that can't slip through the defense of the sentry.
Also the way engies work is when you got 3 engies, one can move it stuff forward very easily because it's a level 3 Sentry that's been upgraded since spawn and the other 2 engies can sit back and defend that 3rd engie. With 2 engies, it causes a challenge for both of the engies and would make a demoman or spy a valuable class again to take out the engie who's defending that 2nd engie trying to make a push with his level 3 sentry.
Since the Engie update, I have not seen the group of noob engie work alone, they're always working together in upgrading the buildings and covering each other back, so sapping there things would take awhile before the buildings actually die out when you have 3 engies banging on each other buildings.

This
gibbo
gibbo
Acting Game Admin
Acting Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Eraserhead 12/7/2010, 10:49

I agree with 2 engie limit. I did a vote about this on the server yesterday and most agreed.

But i did notice the gamepace was a bit more back to normal yesterday compared to the days before. Also don't forget that when we limit it to 2 a team could still have more then 3 engineers because of a donator going engie. So i think limit of 2 is best for now and maybe even 1 in the future.

I don't think Valve took our wide open orange map into account when making the wrangler. I won't be surprised if they nerf the shield absorption % down a bit.

Also i get the feeling with all those lasers going on it decreases the fps of mid and low end computers a bit? Or it just might be me.
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

http://www.pulpfortress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Greezy 12/7/2010, 11:29

I think that they'll probably nerf the field percentage and make it so you have to wait the three seconds after you switch from the wrangler to pack up your sentry or something.
Young Greezy
Young Greezy
Scrim Team Captain
Scrim Team Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Google 12/7/2010, 11:35

Young Greezy wrote:I think that they'll probably nerf the field percentage and make it so you have to wait the three seconds after you switch from the wrangler to pack up your sentry or something.
Lol this is a rage post b/c you nearly destroyed my sentry last night Very Happy.
Google
Google
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Epps 12/7/2010, 12:23

Eraserhead wrote:I agree with 2 engie limit. I did a vote about this on the server yesterday and most agreed.

But i did notice the gamepace was a bit more back to normal yesterday compared to the days before. Also don't forget that when we limit it to 2 a team could still have more then 3 engineers because of a donator going engie. So i think limit of 2 is best for now and maybe even 1 in the future.

I don't think Valve took our wide open orange map into account when making the wrangler. I won't be surprised if they nerf the shield absorption % down a bit.

Also i get the feeling with all those lasers going on it decreases the fps of mid and low end computers a bit? Or it just might be me.
Yeah, since the update my FPS went down to 15 on orange instead of 50. Google's it and got to the steam forums. Just delete your TF folder and everything should be fine. No re-download either n.n
Epps
Epps
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!

http://www.epps.nl

Back to top Go down

Post by Vital 12/7/2010, 12:49

Sgt Pepper wrote:
Eraserhead wrote:I agree with 2 engie limit. I did a vote about this on the server yesterday and most agreed.

Yeah, since the update my FPS went down to 15 on orange instead of 50. Google's it and got to the steam forums. Just delete your TF folder and everything should be fine. No re-download either n.n
http://forum.pulpfortress.com/general-discussions-f5/update-killing-your-fps-no-worries-mate-t1218.htm
Vital
Vital
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jameless 12/7/2010, 13:03

Ok I've just changed the limits to a max of 2.
jameless
jameless
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonesie|UKCS| 12/7/2010, 13:31

I truly do believe that they have made the Engineer a n00b. I mean, his Shotgun seriously needs to be nerfed or just take away the crits he gets when you destroy his Sentry. It really does suck.

Just make the Engineer Limit to be two PER TEAM. Ohter than that, it'll be awesome.

Jonesie|UKCS|
I am banned, sad face! Unban me! I don't deserve it !

Back to top Go down

Post by jameless 12/7/2010, 13:33

jameless wrote:Ok I've just changed the limits to a max of 2.
jameless
jameless
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonesie|UKCS| 12/7/2010, 13:34

Sorry Jameless. I didn't read that bit. I just skimmed this.

Jonesie|UKCS|

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down