Pulp Fortress forum archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Killer mobile apps

2 posters

Go down

Killer mobile apps Empty Killer mobile apps

Post by Epps 10/8/2010, 05:23

We are all a bunch of geeks and most of the people these days own a smartphone. Best thing about those babies are the apps and we all know that we can't life without them. Anyway here are the apps I can simply not life without (Windows Mobile until there is an Android port for HTC Touch2 ready):

Resco File Explorer;
WM has a few problems, one of them is how finger-unfriendly it is by default. This program is a replacement for the regular file explorer with some added features like being FAST and finger-friendly so you dont have to use the stylus 24/7

G-alarm;
Sure WM comes with an alarmclock but let me tell you one thing brother, IT SUCKS! The volume is LOW and there is NO snooze. Also you can't even use your own music for the tune. Anyway Gmen-Alarm has an infinite amount of alarms, plays YOUR music (with playlists!) and even has features to wake you up real good. Most people (like me) spam the snooze button, well g-alarm has a feature which orders you to solve a maze/photo puzzle before being able to snooze. What's the point of that? Well it wakes you up xD

Live Messenger;
Okay, this is the only software I am ashamed of for using but I can't do without it because it synchronizes my Live contacts with my phone. What's so bad about it? Well all my contacts are stored on my Live account (too many hard reset incidents in the past xD). Ow well, at least I can chat with people on msn with it (when it works).

Opera Mini;
IE sucks, Opera 9 and 10 are slow so the only browser left is Opera Mini. It's fast and perfect. No flash tho but then again, it's a mobile phone...

TomTom Navigator;
Best thing about a phone with internal GPS is the GPS navigation, well that and tweeting your exact location. Anyway I often go to places and when I go by bike or hitch a ride (hello sis n.n) I need to know where the hale I am going. This is where TomTom comes in handy. Perfect navigation, updated maps and the best part; BICYCLE ROUTES! f course I could also use Google Maps for this but the navigation of Google Maps just well... sucks.

Panoramic MoTweets;
Twitter app with twitpic, url shorteners and a lot more. For me it's a must when not on my PC with Digsby because well, Twitter is part of my life!

SPB TV;
Trains are boring so I use this app to watch TV by online stream. I get networks from around the world (NHK World rocks!) including those from the Netherlands (RTLZ, Journaal 24). Of course there's not always something on the tele so that's when I use...

TCPMP;
This is THE best media player on WM. Basically it's like VLC only made for WM and unlike VLC Mobile it actually works perfect! Of course HD movies fail but why would you watch an HD movie on a phone?

Last but not least...
HTC Touchflo 2.0
This is a shell for Windows Mobile making most parts finger-friendly, easy to use and it comes with a mediaplayer so good I never had to look for a replacement. Sure this is HTC software (HTC phones ftw) but there are hacks/ports so other WM devices can use it.

Anyway that rounds up my apps, now tell me what the apps are you just NEED to use.
Epps
Epps
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!

http://www.epps.nl

Back to top Go down

Killer mobile apps Empty Re: Killer mobile apps

Post by ninji 10/8/2010, 15:57

G-alarm sounds awesome, if only I had a Droid to use these apps on. But, alas, Droid only works with Verizon, and screw that. correct me if i am wrong
ninji
ninji
Clan Member
Clan Member

http://www.tf2items.com/id/ijnin

Back to top Go down

Post by Epps 10/8/2010, 21:18

No idea how US/CA operators work, but I am with Hi (KPN) which is the remains of the government phone company; they use their own network, have near perfect coverage, the fastest mobile internet and a great costumer service. Also they don't spam their phones with needless logos and shit unlike T-mobile, the other fast internet company...
Epps
Epps
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!

Back to top Go down

Post by Epps 11/8/2010, 14:05

Also I just downloaded and installed a GLaDOS sound pack for my GPS navigation. For some reason I think I will go insane if I hear it for too long xD
Epps
Epps
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down