Pulp Fortress forum archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Change the {PULP} in server names to pF.

+6
Epps
Nicobbq
Hoboapple
Nick
Vital
Young Greezy
10 posters

Go down

Change the {PULP} in server names to pF. Empty Change the {PULP} in server names to pF.

Post by Young Greezy 4/9/2010, 13:57

The names in the servers are outdated. Should probably be pF. instead of {PULP} Fortress or something along those lines.
Young Greezy
Young Greezy
Scrim Team Captain
Scrim Team Captain

Back to top Go down

Change the {PULP} in server names to pF. Empty Re: Change the {PULP} in server names to pF.

Post by Vital 4/9/2010, 14:02

Am I wrong or doesn't pF stands for PULP Fortress? I think it should stay the same so everyone would understand what it stands for.
Vital
Vital
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Change the {PULP} in server names to pF. Empty Re: Change the {PULP} in server names to pF.

Post by Nick 4/9/2010, 14:05

I think the server name should be simpler than it is,
PULP Fortress Server 1 |24/7 Orange X3 + Stats + RTD|
PULP Fortress Server 2 |24/7 Stock Rotation + Stats + RTV|
Nick
Nick
Clan Recruiter
Clan Recruiter

Back to top Go down

Post by Hoboapple 4/9/2010, 14:12

Chuck wrote:I think the server name should be simpler than it is,
PULP Fortress Server 1 |24/7 Orange X3 + Stats + RTD|
PULP Fortress Server 2 |24/7 Stock Rotation + Stats + RTV|
that's what i was thinking

maybe include pf. somewhere in there?
Hoboapple
Hoboapple

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Greezy 4/9/2010, 14:21

Yeah sure whatever, I'm just saying that we have the old tag.

However that one chuck suggested looks too much like PR's server.

Maybe this

pF.|Pulp Fortress #1 - 24/7 Orange |Stats|VoteRTD|

pF.|Pulp Fortress #2 - Stock Map Rotation |No Crits|Fixed Weapon Spread|Respawn Times|

pF.|Pulp Fortress #3 - Private Server |Scrims/Pugs|Matchmod|
Young Greezy
Young Greezy
Scrim Team Captain
Scrim Team Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicobbq 4/9/2010, 14:27

What about 60 other threads about server names.
Nicobbq
Nicobbq
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Epps 4/9/2010, 18:43

Jeez, another topic about the server names? Okay how about these names which explain the servers as they are:
Pulp Fortress #1: 24/7 shitty snipefest map for people who don't have a PC which has the required hardware to run TF2 yet want to run it and complain about having poor FPS every other second (orange_x3 for short) instead of getting a bette rPC or actually play the game by lets say CAPPING CP2 WHEN THE ROUND STARTS BECAUSE THE TEAM MEDIC (me) HATES DOING THAT ON HIS BLOODY OWN | RTD/pure unfair luck | 9001MB of custom files you need to download unless you want giant error signs everywhere which makes sniping even easier | over-nerved snipers because one sniper cant handle the fact that some people are new to the sniper class | free kills when the round ends
Pulp Fortress #2: Stock and Custom (rtv) | Vanilla/Competitive
Pulp Fortress #3: Pug and Scrim | Competitive
Epps
Epps
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!

http://www.epps.nl

Back to top Go down

Post by Eraserhead 5/9/2010, 09:13

Jeez, didn't know you hate the orange server that much Epps. I've been playing there a few times this week and it was really fun, no snipefests, medics who are healing me and actually capping the last point. Content people have to download does not seem to stop them since server around 20 players on most of the time.

Young Greezy wrote:
Maybe this

pF.|Pulp Fortress #1 - 24/7 Orange |Stats|VoteRTD|

pF.|Pulp Fortress #2 - Stock Map Rotation |No Crits|Fixed Weapon Spread|Respawn Times|

pF.|Pulp Fortress #3 - Private Server |Scrims/Pugs|Matchmod|

I think this would be fine for now, we voted to lose the { } and pF (Pulp Fortress) would be our new tag so lets make visible. I just changed the first part of server names to what Greezy suggested. If anyone else has sensible suggestions we can finetune it further. No need to make this into a lengthy thread/vote again.
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

http://www.pulpfortress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Greezy 5/9/2010, 10:06

Sorry about making another topic guys, I didn't even mean for this to be a debate or anything. I just was saying to change it a bit to update it.
Young Greezy
Young Greezy
Scrim Team Captain
Scrim Team Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Nick 5/9/2010, 10:17

Maybe we should have a whole other board within suggestions for server names?
Nick
Nick
Clan Recruiter
Clan Recruiter

Back to top Go down

Post by Epps 5/9/2010, 10:55

Eraserhead wrote:Jeez, didn't know you hate the orange server that much Epps. I've been playing there a few times this week and it was really fun, no snipefests, medics who are healing me and actually capping the last point. Content people have to download does not seem to stop them since server around 20 players on most of the time.
Well it's mostly the map that pisses me off followed by some BS RTD rolls and how I always end up being the only person who is capping even though I am a medic :/
Epps
Epps
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!

Back to top Go down

Post by Vital 5/9/2010, 11:53

Chuck wrote:Maybe we should have a whole other board/tag/server/map/group/poll/rules within suggestions for server names?
think I covered it all, don't you think so eraser?
Vital
Vital
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Eraserhead 5/9/2010, 20:21

yup. case closed.

And Epps, why don't you finish Tendo's map?
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Epps 5/9/2010, 21:41

Eraserhead wrote:And Epps, why don't you finish Tendo's map?
Because I had no idea what I should change in it Embarassed
Epps
Epps
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!

Back to top Go down

Post by Eraserhead 5/9/2010, 21:53

The spawnfloors sometimes show texture problems, ask Hyce. He had a fix for it. There was something else i think Jameless knows.
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Furgus 5/9/2010, 23:24

If you guys need any help on it. Come and ask me. And Epps I'm gonna have to talk to you sometime tomorrow. Need to ask you some questions.
Furgus
Furgus
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Epps 5/9/2010, 23:30

Eraserhead wrote:The spawnfloors sometimes show texture problems, ask Hyce. He had a fix for it. There was something else i think Jameless knows.
Ow yeah now I remember... I also had to find out which of the 4 version he gave me is the right one and I do believe there was something else...

Furgus wrote:And Epps I'm gonna have to talk to you sometime tomorrow. Need to ask you some questions.
Great, another interrogation about me doing someones hot big breasted 21 year old sister behind a gas station...

Last edited by Epps on 5/9/2010, 23:32; edited 1 time in total
Epps
Epps
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!

Back to top Go down

Post by LieuTennet 5/9/2010, 23:31

You did her too?!
LieuTennet
LieuTennet

Back to top Go down

Post by Furgus 5/9/2010, 23:32

Woah my sister is only 20. lol

Nah it's about a few problems I have in my map.

Last edited by Furgus on 5/9/2010, 23:38; edited 3 times in total
Furgus
Furgus
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Epps 5/9/2010, 23:35

LieuTennet wrote:You did her too?!
Yes and I even did your hot sister and on my way back out I did your less hot but decent sister as well. Then they both came to me and offered me a 3P which was one of the best things ever, especially since the hot sis was cosplaying as Yoko while the other did a nice Mia cosplay.

On topic; I will look into it later today/tomorrow. First I'm goign to catch some sleep. All this late night/early morning アニメ is fucking up my sleeping schedule again Embarassed
Epps
Epps
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!

Back to top Go down

Post by LieuTennet 5/9/2010, 23:38

That wasn't my sister. that was my dog you sick sick man
LieuTennet
LieuTennet

Back to top Go down

Post by miht 6/9/2010, 00:58

lolwut u have two dogs?
miht
miht
Junior Game Admin
Junior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down