Pulp Fortress forum archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Forum skin; share your ideas for one here.

+7
Hoboapple
hyce777
Socrates187
ninji
Nick
jameless
Epps
11 posters

Go down

New Forum skin; share your ideas for one here. Empty New Forum skin; share your ideas for one here.

Post by Epps 13/9/2010, 17:59

As you probably already know we are currently busy creating a new forum on our own server (if not check this thread). Now with a new forum comes new features, new looks and hopefully a new theme/skin with the last one being what this thread is all about.
You see we have some ideas on how the new skin should look like but of course we are not all of you. So in order to create a theme everyone will like we would appreciate it if you would share some ideas with us about the looks, colors etc.
What? That's all you guys, go post your ideas Razz
Epps
Epps
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!

http://www.epps.nl

Back to top Go down

New Forum skin; share your ideas for one here. Empty Re: New Forum skin; share your ideas for one here.

Post by Epps 13/9/2010, 18:06

My idea: a darker theme with some orange or red in it to reduce eyesore when browsing for a long time or at night.
New Forum skin; share your ideas for one here. Palett10
Epps
Epps
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!

Back to top Go down

New Forum skin; share your ideas for one here. Empty Re: New Forum skin; share your ideas for one here.

Post by jameless 13/9/2010, 18:54

Yes darker theme please.
jameless
jameless
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nick 13/9/2010, 19:08

jameless wrote:Yes darker theme please.
Nick
Nick
Clan Recruiter
Clan Recruiter

Back to top Go down

Post by ninji 13/9/2010, 19:19

Nick wrote:
ninji
ninji
Clan Member
Clan Member

http://www.tf2items.com/id/ijnin

Back to top Go down

Post by Socrates187 13/9/2010, 21:08

ninji wrote:
Nick wrote:
Agreed
Socrates187
Socrates187
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by hyce777 13/9/2010, 23:21

Socrates187 wrote:
ninji wrote:
Nick wrote:
hyce777
hyce777
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Hoboapple 14/9/2010, 00:08

can't stand dark themes, maybe an option to stick with the old
Hoboapple
Hoboapple

Back to top Go down

Post by ninji 14/9/2010, 00:17

Hoboapple wrote:can't stand dark themes, maybe an option to stick with the old
prob cuz mac
ninji
ninji
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Hoboapple 14/9/2010, 00:20

ninji wrote:
prob cuz mac
no it's actually an eye problem I've had since a kid (used to have competitions to stare at the sun), it's harder for me to distinguish the text with darker backgrounds. i mean i can handle it it's just uncomfortable
Hoboapple
Hoboapple

Back to top Go down

Post by ninji 14/9/2010, 00:24

Hoboapple wrote:
ninji wrote:
prob cuz mac
no it's actually an eye problem I've had since a kid (used to have competitions to stare at the sun), it's harder for me to distinguish the text with darker backgrounds. i mean i can handle it it's just uncomfortable
counter-troll'd
ninji
ninji
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jameless 14/9/2010, 00:24

With the new forum you will be able to select a different skin than everyone else. But for the purpose of this topic we are discussing what the default Pulp theme will be.
jameless
jameless
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Eraserhead 14/9/2010, 16:00

I think dark theme's are a bit cliche to be honest. All gaming communities use black for some reason. I think it looks fine on our homepage but when reading text i would like to have a lighter background. Like it is now.

Also orange should be in it of course for three reasons:

1.We all know Pulp refers to orange juice
2.Because me, Fubar and Epps are Dutch and orange is our national color ( Razz )
3.Because we have 24x7 orange server duh!

What i personally would like to see changed is the font type, it would like to see the TF2 font somewhere in the forums. I also would like to see a change in the forum profile section where it displays the members avatar on the right (or left) of each post; cool forum rank with nice font or even image?

Check the background of the rankings page: maybe a background like that for the forums? But then an orange at night screenshot?
http://pulpfortress.clanservers.com/tf2stats/

Notice how foreground scrolls and background is fixed.

Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

http://www.pulpfortress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Epps 14/9/2010, 16:14

Eraserhead wrote:I think dark theme's are a bit cliche to be honest. All gaming communities use black for some reason. I think it looks fine on our homepage but when reading text i would like to have a lighter background. Like it is now.

Also orange should be in it of course for three reasons:

1.We all know Pulp refers to orange juice
2.Because me, Fubar and Epps are Dutch and orange is our national color ( Razz )
3.Because we have 24x7 orange server duh!

What i personally would like to see changed is the font type, it would like to see the TF2 font somewhere in the forums. I also would like to see a change in the forum profile section where it displays the members avatar on the right (or left) of each post; cool forum rank with nice font or even image?

Check the background of the rankings page: maybe a background like that for the forums? But then an orange at night screenshot?
http://pulpfortress.clanservers.com/tf2stats/

Notice how foreground scrolls and background is fixed.
Darker skins are calmer on the eyes and for those who spend a lot of time behind a PC it can be a gift from the gods/devs. Anyway users can pick the skin they like best in their control panel (settings) and from the looks of it skinning shouldn't be that hard to do. I will start on the darker skin first (black, grey, orange) and start working on the lighter skin afterwards (grey, orange).
Epps
Epps
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!

Back to top Go down

Post by LieuTennet 14/9/2010, 16:28

Make a Yoko theme that only you and me can use =D
LieuTennet
LieuTennet

Back to top Go down

Post by Google 14/9/2010, 18:22

Maybe a theme that can hurt your eyes like a green w/ light ?? so when your in a dark room you go like ZOMGOMZG??!??!
Google
Google
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jameless 15/9/2010, 07:34

@Eraser: By darker I don't necessarily mean black background. I just mean not so bright. I stare at a computer all day for work and darker themes make it much easier for me to read what I'm looking at.
jameless
jameless
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Eraserhead 15/9/2010, 13:44

kk lets all see what you guys come up with. Smile
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

http://www.pulpfortress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Zurkov 16/9/2010, 12:29

Lord Zurkov
Lord Zurkov
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Epps 16/9/2010, 12:36

I pretty much finished the dark skin, working on a proper lighter skin and a super special awesome secret skin. No screenshots for now, you will all see them when the new forums are ready.
Epps
Epps
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down