Pulp Fortress forum archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Birthday Coming Up

+9
NuclearWatermelon
Epps
Furgus
Nick
Google
Young Greezy
Nicobbq
ninji
jameless
13 posters

Go down

Birthday Coming Up Empty Birthday Coming Up

Post by jameless 18/9/2010, 19:10

So...as we all know our birthday is coming up on Wednesday and what should we do for it...hmm...

A few ideas floated around as to the best way to spend our time. 1 of the ideas, TF2Ware could have been fun but it's a private plugin...

Objection!

So I talked with 1 of the 3 developers that have created this fine plugin we know as TF2Ware. An excellent plugin that creates loads of fun even for the guys with short attention spans. We had a decent discussion about his plugin being private and I spoke to him a bit about our community and our 1 year birthday coming up. I explained to him that we would love to be able to play their plugin on our server for our members to celebrate this fine occassion. They agreed with certain restrictions. We WILL NOT share this plugin with anyone. We must leave the password on our VIP server that will run it. We have to give them FTP access so that they can remove the plugin should we violate our promise or to update it for us should they add more minigames or fix any bugs.

You will see this plugin in action on our birthday on the VIP server on and off as we will also play some Prophunt, Hunted, and Zombie Fortress as time permits.

So I would like to personally thank NuclearWatermelon, Mecha the Slag, and Benny Hill for both their excellent work in creating this plugin, as well as their kindness and generosity in allowing us to use it for our 1 year celebration!

cheers

For those of you who don't know about TF2Ware (don't think many of you don't know) I have posted a few bits of information below to help you learn more about it.

Wiki: http://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/TF2Ware
Tutorial:
Gameplay:
jameless
jameless
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Birthday Coming Up Empty Re: Birthday Coming Up

Post by ninji 18/9/2010, 19:17

Sounds like a party! Are we allowed to invite friends?
ninji
ninji
Clan Member
Clan Member

http://www.tf2items.com/id/ijnin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicobbq 18/9/2010, 19:25

This is amazing.
Nicobbq
Nicobbq
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Greezy 18/9/2010, 19:33

Wooooooot!

Thanks so much to james for retrieving this, and to the devs for letting us use it! Awesome stuff
Young Greezy
Young Greezy
Scrim Team Captain
Scrim Team Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Google 18/9/2010, 21:22

12 slots isn't enough :3. Oh noez.
Google
Google
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Greezy 18/9/2010, 21:29

Can we close down orange for the night and bring a shit ton of people?
Young Greezy
Young Greezy
Scrim Team Captain
Scrim Team Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by jameless 18/9/2010, 21:31

Well the agreement was to only have it on the vip server since it is private.
jameless
jameless
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nick 18/9/2010, 21:33

Make people pay to get reserved slots
Nick
Nick
Clan Recruiter
Clan Recruiter

Back to top Go down

Post by jameless 18/9/2010, 21:37

Hehe...well this is going to be primarily for our members.
jameless
jameless
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Furgus 18/9/2010, 21:41

I don't think they will Nick, maybe some of our members might pay. Also, maybe we could list some events that occur during that day. So everyone has an equal share of playing this plugin.
Furgus
Furgus
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Epps 18/9/2010, 21:51

Finally, I wont have to keep this a secret anymore. Anyway I don't see the harm of inviting friends if the server doesn't fill with Pulp members. Also can we have a Euro-friendly schedule (or just any schedule) so us Europeans wont miss any of the action like we do with scrims and Zombie Fortress events?

Furgus wrote:I don't think they will Nick, maybe some of our members might pay. Also, maybe we could list some events that occur during that day. So everyone has an equal share of playing this plugin.
You only say that because you are greedy! (aka Nick wasn't super cereal).
Epps
Epps
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!

http://www.epps.nl

Back to top Go down

Post by jameless 18/9/2010, 22:16

Yes just please let your friends know though that it would be nice if they kept room for a pulp member if they wanted to join. Since this is a party for us members to celebrate we want to be able to enjoy it together. The password will be changed for the event so we don't catch some stragglers from previous scrims or matches on our server tying up a slot and so if any friends are invited they don't necessarily have the regular password to our vip server. I will post the password in this thread on Tuesday.

Please remember that TF2Ware is still a private plugin so our privilege to play it on our own server is pretty exclusive. So we do not want to violate our promise by managing to turn our private server into a public one because everyone knows the password and where to go to play it.

FYI I have invited NuclearWatermelon to join us during our celebration and I intend to invite Mecha the Slag and Benny Hill as well. So if you see them around VIP please give them a thank you and some well deserved respect.
jameless
jameless
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NuclearWatermelon 18/9/2010, 22:31

Young Greezy wrote:Wooooooot!

Thanks so much to james for retrieving this, and to the devs for letting us use it! Awesome stuff
You are most welcome.

jameless wrote:Yes just please let your friends know though that it would be nice if they kept room for a pulp member if they wanted to join. Since this is a party for us members to celebrate we want to be able to enjoy it together. The password will be changed for the event so we don't catch some stragglers from previous scrims or matches on our server tying up a slot and so if any friends are invited they don't necessarily have the regular password to our vip server. I will post the password in this thread on Tuesday.

Please remember that TF2Ware is still a private plugin so our privilege to play it on our own server is pretty exclusive. So we do not want to violate our promise by managing to turn our private server into a public one because everyone knows the password and where to go to play it.

FYI I have invited NuclearWatermelon to join us during our celebration and I intend to invite Mecha the Slag and Benny Hill as well. So if you see them around VIP please give them a thank you and some well deserved respect.
I'll do my best to show up, although I have no guarantees. I cannot speak for Benny or Mecha, however.

I'd like to note that I for one am rather pleased with this coming to fruition, as has been noted, we do keep the plugin private but seeing as this is a private server it is acceptable. It is also of note that from what I have seen you have a well run, and rather good community you have built here, if a bit small, and that's always something I do like to see.

Jameless is a good administrator you all have here, quite technically adept, and very reasonable, so I would be apt to give him the credit for getting this plugin for you all for this event. But there is more, you'll have it beyond just this event too! You'll have the plugin as long as you want it and as long as our small list of demands (see also: password, server access) are still in play. Some of this is bound to change, and if you want to know more about TF2Ware and/or getting it without a password you can always bug me about it on steam or via email.

I should also note that there are some public TF2Ware servers, they can be found here:
  • 63.251.20.54:27015 (America)
  • 66.221.253.125:27017 (America)
  • 202.157.179.88:27056 (Australia)
  • 94.23.68.246:27215 (Europe)
Feel free to try it out before the event, or wait and keep it suspenseful.

And finally, I hope you all have fun, and you should make sure to thank Jameless for all of this being set up.
NuclearWatermelon
NuclearWatermelon

Back to top Go down

Post by LieuTennet 18/9/2010, 22:41

We thank Jameless so much we practically bow to him <333333

I might actually get on TF2 for this...
LieuTennet
LieuTennet

Back to top Go down

Post by Eraserhead 18/9/2010, 22:51

Thanks again NuclearWatermelon and Jameless! I know i will be having lots of fun on our bday Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy .

Btw i also love the plugins Mecha the Slag made and Benny Hill is a childhood hero of mine lol!
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

http://www.pulpfortress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nick 18/9/2010, 22:57

This mod is so legit, I have played it before, so much fun
Nick
Nick
Clan Recruiter
Clan Recruiter

Back to top Go down

Post by hyce777 18/9/2010, 23:29

Thank you devs of the mod, and of course Jameless, who is basically pulp's god. (And -CGMZ-'s, seeing as he's fixed practically everything for us)
hyce777
hyce777
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Hoboapple 19/9/2010, 18:10

Wow, thanks a lot!
Hoboapple
Hoboapple

Back to top Go down