Pulp Fortress forum archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spy sappin mah sentry.(spy tactics)

+6
Eraserhead
Jonesie|UKCS|
UberLord
Lord Zurkov
hyce777
vladmirbsl69
10 posters

Go down

Spy sappin mah sentry.(spy tactics) Empty Spy sappin mah sentry.(spy tactics)

Post by vladmirbsl69 1/5/2010, 12:16

He is a puzzle, wrapped in an enigma, shrouded in riddles, lovingly sprinkled with intrigue, express mailed to Mystery, Alaska, and LOOK OUT BEHIND YOU! but it is too late. You're dead. For he is the Spy — globetrotting rogue, lady killer (metaphorically) and mankiller (for real).

The spy is a tricky class to play with almost every other class being able to kill him easily. Though if you use his tools right you will find yourself pissing off alot of players on the oppisite team.

Revolver/Ambassador

The revolver
6 in clip 24 carried. 40-70 dmg. 120 crit.
When your disguised you can tell the enemies health. With that if you see say a soly or heavy alone with low health try shooting him to death. Also if you have a failed backstab attempt the revolver can be good at warding them off while running back to cover.

The Ambassador
6 in clip 24 carried. 34-55 dmg 102 crits on headshot. minus 25% fire rate.
The ambassador is much different than the revolver. It is not as good for just firing at the enemy while retreating. If your a great shot then if you miss a backstab you can usually headhsot them putting them down a bunch of health so you wont have to rely on another headshot if they are a weaker class such as the engie, scout, sniper, or spy. The ambassador is also good for killing turtling engies. Getting far away and headshotting him to death then running and sapping his sentry really can work.

The Sapper
Well everyone should know about the sapper. Most pepole just run in sapping and dieing by the wrench or a spy checking pyro. This is where a --->MIC<--- comes in handy. Telling a soly or demo on your team when you have started sapping can increase the sucess in destroying the sentry and buildings.

The Knife/Cloaking devices/diguise kit
40-55 dmg Instant kill with backstab.
Now the knife coupled with the cloaking devices and is the are the things every good spy should learn how to use. Using your cloak sneakieness and ability to play your part when disgiused you can piss off everyone on the apposing team by backstabbing them.

Cloak and dagger-Only drains cloak when you move and recharges when standing still even while cloaked hence letting you stay invisible forever.
Now the cloak and dagger is for the patient spy. Find a spot out of the way where you can monitor you enemy but where they wont check very often.When you see the target or a big group uncloak and try to join unnoticed by using you disguse. Start stabbing from the back of the group up then when spotted cloak and try to get away to another spot. If its one person cloak after killing them. Repeat the process.

Dead Ringer-Cloaks for 6.5 sec.-Can collect ammo to refill cloak-Cloaks upon recieving damage and drops a corpse-Faster Recloak Regain
The cloak and dagger RELIES on you being able to play your disguise very well. When you backstab someone shoot off a couple rounds if anyone is following you. when you get under 90 health pull out the dead ringer and run if you can get away thats fine but if you get shot then youll cloak. Then repeat the process. Also the dead ringer can allow suicide captures. while going on a point pull out the dead ringer if your close if someone shoots you repostition kill them then finish the cap. Also when running in wide open spaces with snipers keep out your dead ringer incase the sniper hits you.

Invisibility Watch-Cloaks spy for 9 sec.-Can collect ammo to refill meter
Since the spy update no one really uses the invisi watch. What you would do with the invisi watch is use it to get behind enemies then stab. Cloak escape get behind stab etc.

And remember. I was never really on your side. Spy
vladmirbsl69
vladmirbsl69

Back to top Go down

Spy sappin mah sentry.(spy tactics) Empty Re: Spy sappin mah sentry.(spy tactics)

Post by hyce777 1/5/2010, 16:17

Actually, I always use invis watch or dead ringer. The cloak and dagger is horrible. Prevents your movement a lot. Play on a small map, or a map with no ammokits (orange) it's alright. But invis watch allows you to go much further, and you can pick up fallen weapons and ammopacks to instantly refill. It takes more skill and knowledge (ammokit spots), but it pays off.
hyce777
hyce777
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Spy sappin mah sentry.(spy tactics) Empty Re: Spy sappin mah sentry.(spy tactics)

Post by Lord Zurkov 2/5/2010, 07:34

I mainly carry the Cloak 'n' Dagger so that I can tauntkill while invisible. :3

The problem with it isn't that you don't go far... the problem is that you're tempted to cloak more than you should. If you use it sparingly like you would with the default invisibility watch, it works wonders.
Lord Zurkov
Lord Zurkov
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by UberLord 2/5/2010, 10:33

I prefer all the original weapons. The ambassador is decent for fending off one enemy, but it makes you so slow that a pyro or faster can catch you. Unless you're a an ambassador prodigy, I wouldn't suggest it. The invisi-watch is very useless, you can travel acrossed a whole map cloaked under certain curcimstances in triple the speed of the C&D. The DR is a very versitile tool if you know how to use it. On orange, for example, if you disguise as a friendly and reach the tower then change your disguise and slip into enemy lines, you can really raise some hell and get away with it.
UberLord
UberLord

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonesie|UKCS| 3/5/2010, 04:51

Vladamir, you only become a GODLIKE Spy, Like ablindman (UberLord and and few others including me know him!) if you use all the original weapons, exception for the Cloak and Dagger! Ablindman is better than NicoBBQ. He has like over 600 hours on Spy me thinks! Cool

Jonesie|UKCS|
I am banned, sad face! Unban me! I don't deserve it !

Back to top Go down

Post by Eraserhead 3/5/2010, 09:17

How do you taunt kill while cloaked?

If you use the dead ringer and a sniper headshots you or a soldier hits you with a critrocket, will you be dead or survive?

A lot of times when i shoot a spy and he is using the DR i can tell easily because of his ragdoll seems to fall in a fake way. Did you notice that?
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

http://www.pulpfortress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Epps 3/5/2010, 09:34

1) Fool people, if you get chased by a shitload of enemies make them believe you went left while you went right (not easy on open maps). Works great when used with No 3.
2) Dont use the ambassador except you get a lot of headshots.
3) Paranoia can also be your best friend! Making a team believe there is a spy at point X usually ends up with half the team spy checking. This wins your team a lot of time not to mention how there are less people left to offer any kind of resistance.
4) Always disguise! Valve is lazy meaning that the hotboxes stay the same no matter what class you are disguised at. Scout has his head on your chest level making you harder to headshot!
5) Abuse the voicechat, decloaking when people are talking often results with no one knowing you decloaked and sometimes with no one hearing the scream of a person who is backstabbed!
Epps
Epps
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!

http://www.epps.nl

Back to top Go down

Post by Eraserhead 3/5/2010, 09:38

About nr. 5. Also works when there are a lot of loud gunshots, people wont hear you uncloak.
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

http://www.pulpfortress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nick 8/5/2010, 11:31

Cpt Jonesie wrote:Vladamir, you only become a GODLIKE Spy, Like ablindman (UberLord and and few others including me know him!) if you use all the original weapons, exception for the Cloak and Dagger! Ablindman is better than NicoBBQ. He has like over 600 hours on Spy me thinks! Cool

You forgot to mention yours truly joansie.

Go with cloak and dagger you will be better in the long run, besides all the original weapons. Learn the obvious spy is obvious technique and then go dominate.

Last edited by Chuck on 8/5/2010, 15:45; edited 1 time in total
Nick
Nick
Clan Recruiter
Clan Recruiter

Back to top Go down

Post by UberLord 8/5/2010, 15:43

Yeah, ablindman is a god at spy. He watched me play spy once, every two seconds he pointed out something I was doing wrong...
UberLord
UberLord

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonesie|UKCS| 9/5/2010, 05:23

Nah Chuck, when I mean good, I mean like PRO. When me and you both had that Spy match it was a stale mate. Nobody could win!

Jonesie|UKCS|

Back to top Go down

Post by Nick 9/5/2010, 11:44

Cpt Jonesie wrote:Nah Chuck, when I mean good, I mean like PRO. When me and you both had that Spy match it was a stale mate. Nobody could win!

pshhhh i am not as good as spy as i used to be brosef...back before i took my break from tf2 i had 30 points before dieing on a full LB server
Nick
Nick
Clan Recruiter
Clan Recruiter

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro 16/5/2010, 21:16

Before I reset my stats, I had 250hrs on spy. Dam, I was superpimpin. Having people chase me up stairs and stair stabbing them. I use DR and regular cloak.
C&D is for P***ies who camp invisible until the enemies back is turned. Regular cloak makes you be precise when to cloak and to try and stick it out.
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by vladmirbsl69 16/5/2010, 21:19

Afro MONKE wrote:be precise when to try and stick it out.
thts wht she said Laughing lol!

EDIT: Greezy i think we need that new stamp for me
vladmirbsl69
vladmirbsl69

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro 9/6/2010, 16:53

You all know how good I am at spy, and hyce is decent. Nico is really good. Ambassador is for pu**y spies too who are too scared to go up in fight so they cower back attempting to headshot. The camp and dagger is just that you wait cloaked, someone passes, you kill.
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicobbq 9/6/2010, 17:07

I love using The Camp and dagger in orange since there are no metal boxes.
I also love using Dead Ringer to play for the lulz of it.
On stock maps, i use the normal watch since it's the best when there are metal boxes.
Nicobbq
Nicobbq
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down