Pulp Fortress forum archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Not one of ye's gonna survive this! (Demoman Tactics (Part II))

5 posters

Go down

Not one of ye's gonna survive this! (Demoman Tactics (Part II)) Empty Not one of ye's gonna survive this! (Demoman Tactics (Part II))

Post by Firestar 1/1/2010, 15:43

Hey, it's Firestar again, with another one of my fabulous tactic reports. This one is again about the Demo, but instead about his new unlockables, The Scottish Resistance, the Eyelander, and the Chargin' Targe.

This is gonna be a bit different from my other ones, because his unlockables go into some strange slots.

So, first off, theres the Bottle vs. the Eyelander: This depends on whether or not you have the Targe. Without the Targe, they Eyelander is just the bottle without random crits. Like all melee weapons, I get a lot of kills with both. That's because I use them. When the Eyelander is equipped, you'll have 150 health instead of 175, but as you kill more people with it, you get more health, and you become faster.
Tactics:[b] If you're using the Eyelander, use the Targe as well. I'll go into more detail in this later, when I talk about the Targe.

Now, it's the [b]Sticky Launcher vs. the Scottish Resistance vs. the Chargin' Targe
. This all depends on your gameplay style. First off, if you never use the Sticky Launcher, might as well equip the Targe: It gives 50% resistance to fire damage and 65% blast damage resistance. Right-clicking with that thing equipped will send you hurtling toward whatever you were aiming at. A charge meter in the lower right of the hud shows you when you have a charge ready. While charging, your weapon starts to turn the color of your team. Halfway through the charge, it will start to get the crit animation. However, if it is not a melee weapon, your weapon won't get a crit. If you hit someone with a melee weapon before the halfway point of the charge, it will do a mini-crit. If you hit them close to the end of the charge, it will do a full crit, and usually kill them. Scottish Resistance: Same as the SL, but you have to be aimed straight at the bombs you want to detonate to detonate them. They turn red/blue when you can detonate them, and I mean a solid 2D color. You can also have up to 14 bombs on the ground, instead of the normal 8. The thing is, I often forget about where I've put them, and sometimes in the heat of battle, you don't aim at them right, right-click, and nothing happens.

So that's about it from me, it'd be great to hear from everyone else about their tactics, and feel free to add anything I missed, and correct anything I screwed up (I'm still a bit tired from last night this morning).

Well, see ya on the server! Very Happy

-Firestar
Firestar
Firestar

Back to top Go down

Not one of ye's gonna survive this! (Demoman Tactics (Part II)) Empty Re: Not one of ye's gonna survive this! (Demoman Tactics (Part II))

Post by Eraserhead 3/1/2010, 12:29

I hate the SR. And i see no one using it. That thing is a total failure. Maybe useful on certain maps though.
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

http://www.pulpfortress.com

Back to top Go down

Not one of ye's gonna survive this! (Demoman Tactics (Part II)) Empty Re: Not one of ye's gonna survive this! (Demoman Tactics (Part II))

Post by Furgus 3/1/2010, 12:35

I use the SC a lot. Since they detonate by the crosshair. I shoot them around the map and then when a scout chases me.....BOOM!!! It makes them explode. Also you could shoot more out and detonate them. And you can detonateas amny as you want. It's not like all at once. If you want to detonate 3 or 4 just pint your crosshair next to it and detonate without detonating the others. Also it does a lot of damage.
Furgus
Furgus
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Zurkov 10/1/2010, 05:00

I prefer the bottle to the Eyelander unless you're very unlikely to die for whatever reason. It's always disappointing to die once you've got 4+ heads (or when you're so close to having it... or when you get pwnt and don't get a chance to behead anyone).

The Bottle also encourages you to use your grenade launcher unless charging in with melee would actually be a better idea than reloading.

Did I mention that I use the Targe? ...all the time? The damage reduction and the speed boost (not to mention the free melee crits) are, in my opinion, much more useful than the sticky launcher.
But that's just personal preference, because I'm terrible with stickies and I'm not terrible with grenades.

Last edited by Lord Zurkov on 10/1/2010, 10:30; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Thought better of it.)
Lord Zurkov
Lord Zurkov
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Eraserhead 10/1/2010, 09:42

I'm better with stickies, but is'nt that what makes the game so great Very Happy ?

So if i understand you correctly you use the bottle in order to prevent the temptation of using the Eyelander? Interesting.
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

http://www.pulpfortress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dumpybear 13/1/2010, 02:58

Yeah! The SR, it sucks, I mean, detonating stickies has never been so hard! And quite frankly I don't like the new design...
Dumpybear
Dumpybear
Forgotten
Forgotten

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down