Pulp Fortress forum archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wondering; what kind of music do you listen?

+14
miht
hyce777
Brother_
FUBAR
ninji
Young Greezy
Havik
vladmirbsl69
Eraserhead
Tendo
Epps
Jonesie|UKCS|
The Mad Hatter
Cake
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Wondering; what kind of music do you listen? Empty Wondering; what kind of music do you listen?

Post by Cake 6/5/2010, 12:55

Tell me what kind of music you like (just the types) and give some examples or songnames.

I like (most of all); hip-hop, rap, pop, house (disco music), bass and some Guitar Hero songs :]

I gotta feeling - black eyed peas
Memories - David Guetta (and some of his remixes)
Young Forever - Jay-z
What goes around comes around - Justin timberlake
All the right moves - One republic
Down - Jay sean
All good things come to an end - Nelly furtado
Nothing on you ft. Bruno Mars - B.o.B

Cliffs of dover
Through the fire and flames -- check this sick movie of a 9 year old: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
And a couple more like those two. I dislike (most of them/almost all) metal, death metal and (happy)hardcore stuff.
Cake
Cake
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Wondering; what kind of music do you listen? Empty Re: Wondering; what kind of music do you listen?

Post by The Mad Hatter 6/5/2010, 13:52

I like both extremes of rock. Lighter/alternative rock, things like Radiohead, Modest Mouse, Pink Floyd, Bob Marley, Flaming Lips, and so on...then the heavier/more electronic rock like Nine Inch Nails, KMFDM, Skinny Puppy, TOOL, and more.

I think TOOL puts on the best visual concert. Nine Inch Nails is a lot more emotional. I once saw System of a Down down in Norfolk, VA back when Sugar was popular, so they were still angsty and put on one of my favorite shows I've been to.
The Mad Hatter
The Mad Hatter
Attention whore
Attention whore

Back to top Go down

Wondering; what kind of music do you listen? Empty Re: Wondering; what kind of music do you listen?

Post by Jonesie|UKCS| 6/5/2010, 14:03

Meet me Halfway - Black Eyed Peas
Rock that Body - Black Eyed Peas
Jason DeRulo - Whatcha Say
Jason DeRulo - In my head
N-Dubz - Playing with Fire
N-Dubz - I need you
Inna - Hot
Darren Styles - Save me
UltraBeat - Sure feels Good
Chris Brown FT. Lil Wayne - I can transform ya
Lil Wayne - Prom Queen
Lil Wayne - Lollipop
Lil Wayne - Got Money
Basshunter - Now your Gone
Basshunter - All I ever Wanted
Basshunter - Every Morning
Young Money - Every Girl
Young Money - Bedrock
Rihanna - RudeBoy
Jay Sean - Down
Jay Sean - Do you Remember
Timbaland - Morning after Dark
Birdman FT. Lil Wayne - Money to Blow

My favorite out of those songs are:
Every Girl my fav part is:
I wish I could F*** every girl in the world!

Jonesie|UKCS|
I am banned, sad face! Unban me! I don't deserve it !
I am banned, sad face! Unban me! I don't deserve it !

Back to top Go down

Post by Cake 6/5/2010, 14:09

We're pretty much on the same level Jonesie. In fact, I listen all the songs you listen :]
Cake
Cake
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Epps 6/5/2010, 14:52

For me it is mostly classic rock, hard rock, prog rock and alternative: the Who, Led Zep, King Crimson, Pink Floyd, (early) Bowie, The Small Faces, The Stooges/Iggy and the Stooges, Gary Moore/Thin Lizzy, Riverside, Del tha Funkee Homosapien, Handsome Boy Modeling School, Jan Akkerman, Queens of the Stone Age, Alice in Chains.

Not gonna add links or anything since I am too lazy to do so...
Epps
Epps
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!

http://www.epps.nl

Back to top Go down

Post by Tendo 6/5/2010, 15:10

I like pretty well everything... Besides rap, country and the new-age shit. Those two are complete shit and the other one is garbage
Tendo
Tendo
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Eraserhead 6/5/2010, 15:29

The Mad Hatter wrote:
I think TOOL puts on the best visual concert. Nine Inch Nails is a lot more emotional. I once saw System of a Down down in Norfolk, VA back when Sugar was popular, so they were still angsty and put on one of my favorite shows I've been to.

I've seen NIN together with Fubar once, live in Amsterdam. It was one of the best concerts i've ever been to.
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

http://www.pulpfortress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The Mad Hatter 6/5/2010, 15:48

What year? My sister actually took me to their Downward Spiral tour when I was really young at DC, then I saw his With Teeth and final tour.
The Mad Hatter
The Mad Hatter
Attention whore
Attention whore

Back to top Go down

Post by vladmirbsl69 6/5/2010, 17:08

i like most everything ranging from system of a down to rise against to lil wayne(lulz) to the rolling stones(those brits are awesome Very Happy lol.) etc.
vladmirbsl69
vladmirbsl69

Back to top Go down

Post by Havik 6/5/2010, 21:10

I usually listen to Classic Rock, SOME Rap (I am very selective, because it is generally shitty) some Techno Only if it is good. Not the techno where you have all these like asian school girls saying random shit. pisses me off. uh some heavy stuff like SOAD (liked them since I was 9, good music all together) I like a LOT of Linkin Park and System of a down basically. Also I have a lot of AC/DC, Tragically Hip, Pink Floyd, Billy Talent. a few Lil Wayne songs. I vary a lot. Depends what I am listening too, and my mood basically. If I wanna get pumped up, I listen to some SOAD, and a few lil wayne songs. try to sleep, listen to mellow Pink Floyd and the awesome Tragically Hip. Trail Riding - AC/DC.

Music FTW!
Havik
Havik

http://www.sharpstyles.co.cc

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Greezy 6/5/2010, 21:20

"Tragically Hip"

This is how I know you're Canadian for realz havik!
Rock on, the hip are great!
Young Greezy
Young Greezy
Scrim Team Captain
Scrim Team Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Havik 6/5/2010, 21:38

they are so good. I like there music so much. It has a lot of character to it, if you understand that, some of you may not. It kind of tells a story, and the music videos that they make ACTUALLY HAVE A POINT. Unlike stupid people like justin beiber who I will never say is Canadian, because he is an American, and sucks. and Rap music video's are all the same. look at my "pimped out" car with my 22" rims, drinkin' a 40, and throwing money.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

awesome hip song Very Happy (actually, its a compilation of 3 of there songs in a row, but still its awesome)

Last edited by Havik on 6/5/2010, 21:43; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I am Canadian)
Havik
Havik

Back to top Go down

Post by Epps 6/5/2010, 22:08

Rap sucks? You should try out Del tha Funkee Homosapien, Handsome Boy Modeling School and the Beastie Boys. Those guys really do know what it's all about and for those who dont, bitches and cars aint it...
Epps
Epps
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!

http://www.epps.nl

Back to top Go down

Post by ninji 6/5/2010, 22:55

90's Rock is essentially all I listen to, all day.

TOOL
Nirvana
Alice in Chains
Soundgarden
Puscifer
Stone Temple Pilots
Audioslave
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Pearl Jam

I fucking love Seattle, I would like to move there some day

Only non-90's band I listen to is Metallica
ninji
ninji
Clan Member
Clan Member

http://www.tf2items.com/id/ijnin

Back to top Go down

Post by Eraserhead 7/5/2010, 07:36

The Mad Hatter wrote:What year? My sister actually took me to their Downward Spiral tour when I was really young at DC, then I saw his With Teeth and final tour.

Yea it was the downward spiral tour. Great album.
edit: I see that album came out in 1997, that feels about right, i was going to say 10 years ago but it was bit longer.

The concert was in Paradiso.

I see they performed there again in 2007: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Also check out this thread: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Havik 7/5/2010, 16:21

Sgt Pepper wrote:Rap sucks? You should try out Del tha Funkee Homosapien, Handsome Boy Modeling School and the Beastie Boys. Those guys really do know what it's all about and for those who dont, bitches and cars aint it...

My exact thoughts on rap. thats what I mean when I say I am selective about what rap I listen to. Beastie Boys are awesome Very Happy
Havik
Havik

Back to top Go down

Post by FUBAR 7/5/2010, 17:24

Eraserhead wrote:
The Mad Hatter wrote:What year? My sister actually took me to their Downward Spiral tour when I was really young at DC, then I saw his With Teeth and final tour.

Yea it was the downward spiral tour. Great album.
edit: I see that album came out in 1997, that feels about right, i was going to say 10 years ago but it was bit longer.

The concert was in Paradiso.

I see they performed there again in 2007: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Also check out this thread: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

that must be the self destuct tour in 1994!!!! (31-5-94) , omg we are getting old eraserhead

music i listen to:

primus
front 242
faith no more
helmet
sick of it all
tool
nine inch nails
ministry
depeche mode
happy mondays
soundgarden
alice in chains
all kinda deathmetal ( no so many nowerdays ) , carcass , gorefest , death , etc , etc
dead kennedys
lard
bad religion
mano negra
beasty boys
jou division
velvet underground/ lou reed
the pogues
portishead
the smiths
johnny cash
roy orbison
the beatles
jefferson airplane
some good old greasy ska: prince buster ,justin hinds , skatalites etc , etc
the teknomusic in the 90's was so good overhere in Holland , like that also

and i can on and on with typing what music i like , listen , and enjoy .. but i stop

some nice ska :

some real good tekno :

FUBAR
FUBAR
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

http://www.pulpfortress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Brother_ 8/5/2010, 01:48

Right now i'm listening to Aesop Rock (rap/hiphop) but i listen to indie, neo-psych, hardcore, hardstyle, gabber. I'm really into MGMT and Animal Collective right now.

Edit: Might as well just copy paste this that i've already written elsewhere.
Techno, Indie, Experimental, Neo-Psychedelia, Psychedelic Pop, Experimental, Nine Inch Nails (Ghosts I-IV), Death Cab For Cutie, The Postal Service, MGMT, The Shins, Handsome Furs, ANIMAL COLLECTIVE, Panda Bear, Ratatat, Daft Punk, Justice, Aphex Twin, Infected Mushroom, White Lies, Panic! At The Disco, Mika, Heiruspecs, Indie, Electronica, Dance, Hippity Hop, Intelligent Dance Music, Radiohead, Passion Pit, Fever Ray, Grizzly Bear, Fuck Buttons, Moody Blues, Jefferson Airplane

Last edited by Brother_ on 8/5/2010, 16:02; edited 1 time in total
Brother_
Brother_
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by hyce777 8/5/2010, 02:37

The Umbrella of what I listen to: Classic Rock.

The Specifics/Favorites: AC/DC, Led Zeppelin.

I've always loved LZ. My dad brainwashed me with it ever since I was 8. AC/DC is a newer deal for me. About a year or so ago, my dad bought a guitar, and I played it way more than he did. I wanted to learn songs, and had always heard AC/DC was easy to play, so I learned a couple songs. That time, I knew of TNT, Back in Black, and Highway to Hell. Nothing else. Over the summer, I proceeded to get albums, and like all the music. Right at the perfect time, when I was really liking the music, on August 22nd, in my birthday card from my dad, were three tickets to see AC/DC at the Tacoma Dome on August 31st. If I were to never have gone to that show, I wouldn't really care for them that much. But my first concert being AC/DC, right at the perfect time, has forced me to love AC/DC. Hence why I play an Eppy 1966 reissue cherry red SG Smile
hyce777
hyce777
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Eraserhead 8/5/2010, 09:07

Brother_ wrote:Right now i'm listening to Aesop Rock (rap/hiphop) but i listen to indie, neo-psych, hardcore, hardstyle, gabber. I'm really into MGMT and Animal Collective right now.

You listen to Gabber??? Where are you from again Brother?

What is neo-psych?

I have to share some music with you guys that i made.
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by miht 8/5/2010, 09:37

anything rnb or up beat (:... it seems cakes jonesies and my type of music are all similar =D
examples : down
do oyu remember
replay
edrock
break your heart
say ahhh
lollipop
Over
best i've ever had
ballls of fury
miht
miht
Junior Game Admin
Junior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brother_ 8/5/2010, 16:08

Eraserhead wrote:You listen to Gabber??? Where are you from again Brother?

What is neo-psych?

I have to share some music with you guys that i made.

North Dakota, United States. It's not popular over here so i have to find whatever i can on the interwebs. There's no chance of live shows.
I listen to more psychedelic pop but [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Brother_
Brother_
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by UberLord 8/5/2010, 16:09

Classic Rock is my all time favorite music, hands down. Queen is my favorite band, hands down. I like only a few newer songs, but my favorite songs of all time would have to be...
Any Queen song ever made.
UberLord
UberLord

Back to top Go down

Post by Hoboapple 9/5/2010, 16:24

I like Radiohead, Hot Chip, Beck, Neutral Milk Hotel, Animal Collective...
Hoboapple
Hoboapple

Back to top Go down

Post by Brother_ 10/5/2010, 00:13

Hoboapple wrote:I like Radiohead, Hot Chip, Beck, Neutral Milk Hotel, Animal Collective...

Very nice. Especially on the Radiohead, Hot Chip and Animal Collective selections.
Brother_
Brother_
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next