Pulp Fortress forum archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

There are definitely enough admins...

5 posters

Go down

There are definitely enough admins... Empty There are definitely enough admins...

Post by LOOK IT'S ADAM!!! 21/5/2010, 02:38

...but i think we're missing a night-shift janitor. I have a weird play schedule; because of this, half the time i play on the server no other pulp-er is on. With the lack of pulp-presence(particularly superscripted numbers) comes a sense of "I can do what i want" amongst the random players that join.

We have enough admins, I know this. I have my own server. I know what results come from too many admins. I have also found that a simple, stern, sm_csay command can cause much childish behavior to immediately cease. If it does not, the person has malicious intent and would be a matter handled by an upper-admin anyways.

basically, i would like to be able to scare the little kiddies into playing nice.

something like this in admin_groups.cfg:
Code:
Groups
{
   "Janitor"
   {
      "flags"      ""   //no flags
      "immunity"      "0"   //no immunity value

Overrides
      {
         "sm_csay"         "allow"           //for scaring deviant kiddies
         "sm_vote"         "allow"           //for getting the general opinion about a subject, (sm_vote "micspam music ok?" "..." "yes" "no" "MY EARS!!!")
      }
   }
}

and then something like this in admins.cfg
Code:
   "LOOK, IT'S ADAM!!!"
   {
      "auth"   "steam"
      "identity"   "STEAM_0:0:17730863"
      "group"   "Janitor"
   }
LOOK IT'S ADAM!!!
LOOK IT'S ADAM!!!
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

There are definitely enough admins... Empty Re: There are definitely enough admins...

Post by Nick 21/5/2010, 12:12

You have your own server?
Nick
Nick
Clan Recruiter
Clan Recruiter

Back to top Go down

There are definitely enough admins... Empty Re: There are definitely enough admins...

Post by LOOK IT'S ADAM!!! 21/5/2010, 12:58

yeah, it's a small 12 slot server. the main reason i got it was for my university's gaming club, but more than often i just lend it out to various communities without their own servers to use. i give the heads of each community the level of admin they require, and they can use it for a night each week.

"thepwned" uses it for tf2 nights every week and "Joe.to" uses it for duels and as a backup server for when the main server is down. i mostly got it to see what it was all about, how it all works, ect...

needless to say, many of the admins have no idea who the other admins are. There are times when the only people on the server are admins and we have "admin fights".

i always win.
LOOK IT'S ADAM!!!
LOOK IT'S ADAM!!!
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Eraserhead 21/5/2010, 14:19

Adam, we use sourcebans to manage our admins across both servers. They are stored in a MySQL database on our webserver. Looking at the webinterface for adding admins i can add custom flags but i don't see the option for overrides. Any idea's?
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

http://www.pulpfortress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by LOOK IT'S ADAM!!! 21/5/2010, 14:33

well, you could set the commands to be a different flag in the admin_overrides.cfg file, like this:

Code:
Overrides
{
    "sm_csay"  "a"
    "sm_vote"  "a"
}

then set my flags to "a". If you're ok with changing the permissions for everyone, this is the ideal solution. i'm not sure if you use the "a" tag for anything but admins though.
LOOK IT'S ADAM!!!
LOOK IT'S ADAM!!!
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Eraserhead 21/5/2010, 14:49

ok i added those to the overrides file
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LOOK IT'S ADAM!!! 21/5/2010, 23:50

i don't think it worked.
LOOK IT'S ADAM!!!
LOOK IT'S ADAM!!!
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Eraserhead 22/5/2010, 07:02

I just rebooted the server, try again.
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LOOK IT'S ADAM!!! 22/5/2010, 23:48

had a little situation today in which sm_csay helped out a lot, thanks for setting it up.
LOOK IT'S ADAM!!!
LOOK IT'S ADAM!!!
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Eraserhead 23/5/2010, 08:49

Great. What happened?
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicobbq 23/5/2010, 09:32

What happened to me : I cant do sm_vote anymore...is it normal?
Nicobbq
Nicobbq
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jameless 23/5/2010, 09:45

I think I know why that is nico. When I get to my pc later I will fix it. It has to do with the a flag override that is being used. Our admin groups don't use the a flag so it stripped it from the normal flag and moved it over. I will simply add the a flag to our admin groups since we don't use reserved slots anyway.
jameless
jameless
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jameless 23/5/2010, 11:10

K try it now Nico. Should be fixed.
jameless
jameless
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down