Pulp Fortress forum archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Downloader Guide to the Galaxy!

2 posters

Go down

The Downloader Guide to the Galaxy! Empty The Downloader Guide to the Galaxy!

Post by Epps 29/5/2010, 18:18

The Downloader Guide to the Galaxy!

By Sgt Pepper
-Disclaimer
I do not want everyone to just download stuff and don’t buy things. If you liked a game, album, movie or anything you have downloaded try to pay for it! I don’t care if you wait until the price drops to a certain point but those not paying a single dime are killing the industry.

All statements made in this guide are how I remember them by the Dutch law. If you are scared for some homicidal artists showing up at your door and killing you for downloading illegally, try checking your local law before doing anything.

Chapter 1 – Torrents
-What are torrents?
Torrents are files used to share information. A torrent file contains only a few hash-tags which makes them perfectly legal since they don’t contain any copyrighted material at all. However, if these hash files get decoded by a torrenting client you can download whatever there is in it.

-What do I need for torrents?
For starters, an internet connection. Speed doesn’t matter but of course the more bandwidth your ISP can handle the better. Second you need a torrenting client. I recommend using µtorrent/bittorrent or Vuze if you are desperate for unnecessary eyecandy. The third and final thing you need is admin access to your router if you have one so you can open up some ports. While this is not really necessary it will boost up the speeds by which torrents get down and uploaded. More info on opening your ports can be found on Google since this differs with every brand AND model…

-How do I use torrents?
Well you start off with installing the client (dah!) and opening the ports if you want a faster connection. Second you’ll need to find a torrent file which can be tricky at first. You see, you want to find the file with the most ‘seeders’ (people who have a fully downloaded version) and the least ‘leachers’ (people who are still downloading). A lot of good torrent sites however automatically sort out torrents by this so called health.

-What are the sites where I can find torrents?
Here’s a short list of torrent sites I use in no particular order:
-BTJunkie, one of the BEST sites to get just about anything.
-Akiba online, they have a lot of anime, hentai (18+) and JAV (18+).
-Nipponsei, they have almost every anime soundtrack and some j-pop/j-rock.
-BakaBT, A LOT of anime. Registered user only but registering only takes a few seconds.
-Isohunt, almost everything you could need.
-The Pirate Bay, used to be the best but still is one of the better sites to get your torrents from. Protip: Search this site with Google!
-Custom Google Search, this custom search searches ONLY for torrent files. Not the best thing around since it doesn’t show you the seed:leach ratio.
-Google, Google finds everything so why not try this search query: “WHAT I NEED” torrent (with the “ marks!)

-FAQ
Q: My internet goes all slow when I use torrents.
A: this is because you are using up more bandwidth than normal. Try lowering the settings in your torrent client or upgrade to a better service plan.

Q: My torrent never finishes!
A: Did you looked at the seed:leach ratio? No, you didn’t. Remember kids, only use torrents with seeders!

Q: Hurrrrrrrr (stupid question)
A: Durp! (troll answer)

Chapter 2 – Filesharing; Megaupload, Rapidshare and others
-What is filesharing?
Well for those who don’t speak English and were born in the land of ‘What’, filesharing is the act of sharing files trough various methods. You can copy songs from a friend on an USB stick, burn/rip data from a disc or int his case, download it from the many many MANY filesharing sites in the world.

-What do I need for filesharing?
Apart from internet? A crowbar to smash your fucking brains with! What are you, some retard?

-How do I use filesharing?
Well first of you need to find the url to the file you want to download. These can be found all over the internet. 4chan RS, Megadownload, Phaze-DDL (warez) and most importantly Google are the best ways of finding what you need. Seriously, often when you search for a normal thing on Google you end up with a megaupload url to some album or game.

Chapter 3 – Newsgroups
OW CRAP I DON’T USE THEM LOLOLOL! Seriously, if someone can write this for me then please do so. I will add it here later for you and include your name in the By section.
Epps
Epps
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!

http://www.epps.nl

Back to top Go down

The Downloader Guide to the Galaxy! Empty Re: The Downloader Guide to the Galaxy!

Post by Socrates187 29/5/2010, 22:29

...You left out Demonoid Sad
Yeah, I stopped torrenting for a while. Always made me lag badly Sad
Socrates187
Socrates187
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

The Downloader Guide to the Galaxy! Empty Re: The Downloader Guide to the Galaxy!

Post by Epps 30/5/2010, 11:56

With a reason, you need an invite to register there and I dont like those 'plz invite me lol' posts Razz
Epps
Epps
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!

http://www.epps.nl

Back to top Go down

Post by Socrates187 30/5/2010, 19:08

I can get invites for anybody. I've got a perfect U:D ratio Very Happy
Socrates187
Socrates187
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down