Pulp Fortress forum archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If we get a new server with map rotation

+13
Tidelag
Google
Jonesie|UKCS|
Cake
Eraserhead
1TheGizmo
hyce777
Nicobbq
Furgus
Nick
Young Greezy
Epps
Afro
17 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

If we get a new server with map rotation Empty If we get a new server with map rotation

Post by Afro 9/6/2010, 16:48

If we get the new server, I think it should be a vanilla server and critless. Vanilla/Critless servers attract a lot of high ranked people. Since there wont be a rank, people wont play to rank, they will play to be competitive. On the OBL server, they have had Fragga, FrozenshiFt, and a lot more pro/high class people.
If you dont know who Fragga is, - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ccck4JZ165A&feature=related
Also, the critless so the game will mostly be based on skill, not one lucky crit giving you an edge.
So it doesnt get over-populated making a lot of lag, I think a 18 person server would be great also noticing its considerably cheaper than a 24 or 32 person server.
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

If we get a new server with map rotation Empty Re: If we get a new server with map rotation

Post by Epps 9/6/2010, 18:30

I would say make it a 18 or 24 server, instant respawn, RTD and include all the votes we have on orange so people can turn things off if wanted.
As for maps I would say a stock and custom CTF, CP and Payload which can be changed by using Rock the Vote.

Anyway, back to reality; first we need the money to pay for a new server. We could rent a server for two months too see if people are interested in it and if they would donate. I am also doing some polls on the Orange server too see if people know about the donation perks and if they are willing to pay for them.
Epps
Epps
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!

http://www.epps.nl

Back to top Go down

If we get a new server with map rotation Empty Re: If we get a new server with map rotation

Post by Young Greezy 9/6/2010, 18:36

I disagree with instant respawn. Vanilla everything is the best, no RTD, no votes. I personally think it should be a stock rotation changing every day maybe.
Young Greezy
Young Greezy
Scrim Team Captain
Scrim Team Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Nick 9/6/2010, 18:51

I am more of a fan of vanilla swirl, valve maps, with a 10 second re spawn mod
Nick
Nick
Clan Recruiter
Clan Recruiter

Back to top Go down

Post by Furgus 9/6/2010, 19:14

Popular vanilla servers. Are usually with NO RTD!!!!!, 10 to 5 second respawn, no crits at all, and usually consist of these maps. cp_gorge, cp_badlands, cp_dustbowl, pl_goldrush, ctf_turbine, pl_badwater, cp_well. And some other maps but these are the most popular ones. And we need votes. For example, votemute, votekick, voteban, ect. and rtv or votemap. And I would say 24 slot server. Maybe if the server is more populated we could change it too 32 slots.
Furgus
Furgus
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicobbq 9/6/2010, 19:23

If i remembe correctly what i read somewhere before, TF2 was made for 24 peeps at first but they increased it to 32 peeps.
Im most maps, I think that 32 is a little bit excessive if you want my advice.
Nicobbq
Nicobbq
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Greezy 9/6/2010, 19:28

18 is ideal. Less spam, better for stock maps, more competitive atmosphere. Real players who play PUBS will go to 18 player servers. And that is correct Nico, it was originally made for 24.

I think we should rotate badlands, granary, turbine, freight_final1, and a couple other competitive ones. We can have map votes and the lowest one every so often can get switched off for a new map.
Young Greezy
Young Greezy
Scrim Team Captain
Scrim Team Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by hyce777 10/6/2010, 10:46

And payload, because that's all I really like to play.
hyce777
hyce777
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Epps 10/6/2010, 11:16

Like Eraser stated somewhere else ont he forums, we are talkign about getting one now we actually have 2 persons who do monthly donations (me and Gizmo)...
Epps
Epps
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!

Back to top Go down

Post by 1TheGizmo 10/6/2010, 11:17

That's Right xD
1TheGizmo
1TheGizmo

Back to top Go down

Post by Eraserhead 10/6/2010, 11:24

I agree that Payload is fun. But control points are fun too, and competitive. I see a huge difference in viewpoints here;
1.Make it a competitive server (Afro)
2.Make it a fun server (Pepper, Hyce)

Personally i would say no rtd, it messes up the game which makes a team win, especially on cp maps where the last cp is fastcap.
I do agree with nocrits and no weaponspread. It's just more fair play. Crits are fun on orange but not when you play to win a game.

I was going to enable the rankings on this server actually, you will have the same rank on the new server as on orange, the points will add-up. I see Afro is expecting it not to have a rank there but i disagree. Who else has problems with this?

I think in the first week we should do control point maps and then after that we can do another map type each day? Or maybe that would create to much variation to attract a steady crowd? Perhaps we should make it a control point only server? And the next server will be payload only? hmmm sooo many options Smile

I don't know if it's possible, lets wait what Jameless says but maybe we can even do a nextmap vote that changed the map to be on for the next 24 hrs? It will then change the map at a time somewhere in the morning hours.
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

http://www.pulpfortress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Greezy 10/6/2010, 11:32

Nocrits and noweaponspread for sure, that shouldn't even be a question. Maybe we should do a CP server, and as it grows more popular, open up a PL server perhaps? Then a CTF? Oh the possibilities...
Young Greezy
Young Greezy
Scrim Team Captain
Scrim Team Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Epps 10/6/2010, 11:37

RTD is just something for fun but I dont mind if it becomes a 'serious' server, most of the times when I play stock I get jarate\'d because my team dont want to do anything. Also rankings should be active on it (DAH!), I suck on orange_x3 put I am a lot better on stock maps, especially with the huntsmen (lol).
Epps
Epps
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!

Back to top Go down

Post by Furgus 10/6/2010, 13:13

Actually I just had an idea. Well I rather have the server with a variation of maps. Such as cp, ctf, pl. We could call the server <<<PULP Randomizer Server>>>. Or something like that. Then once we get a few regulars in that server, and get more donations. We could make a server just with cp. And server just with pl/ctf. Or maybe servers with 2 or 3 specific maps. Such as, a server with just Dustbowl/Goldrush/Turbine. I know lots of people who are interested in just those maps. But yeah we could call the server Randomizer. To give the people an idea of what the server is. Also you don't want a server name that is used a lot. So Randomizer would be a good attention grabber. What do you think?

And yeah I agree having the same ranks and just adding up for both servers.
Furgus
Furgus
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Eraserhead 10/6/2010, 13:39

The name randomizer gives me the feeling it's a mod server with some special plugin (there is actually a plugin with that name) so i don't think it's a good idea. Grabbing attention is one thing, but the trick is to keep people playing once they connect. We need to get it filled with 18 players 80% of the time. If it's a server that runs control point maps you can put that in the name, like this:

{PULP} FORTRESS 24/7 Control Points |Stats|NoCrits|

This will attract a certain crowd and they will play for hours instead of playing one map and then leaving again after 15 minutes because the server switched to another map(type) they dislike.
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cake 10/6/2010, 13:42

Eraserhead:
''I was going to enable the rankings on this server actually, you will have the same rank on the new server as on orange, the points will add-up. I see Afro is expecting it not to have a rank there but i disagree. Who else has problems with this?''

I don't like this idea because I like to have a break from non-stop serious gaming in order to get a high k/d + high rank (yes I actually do).
The new server should be vanilla (but with votekick, etc, no rtd) to make it indeed a bit more competitive.
IMO rank sometimes ruins the fun for me.
Cake
Cake
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Eraserhead 10/6/2010, 13:48

I see what you mean. But if we recruit new members and they want to apply they are forced to play on orange because we have a rank and KD ratio requirement.
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Greezy 10/6/2010, 14:58

I don't really see the harm in enabling rankings, it's just a number. If you truly are a good player, people will know it, even if you feel like messing around. Your actions (you playing with others) will speak louder than your words (your recorded stats).

I also think that we should put in the title of our servers somewhere, "PULP #1, PULP#2, PULP #3," dependent on the server. This makes it obvious to players that we have other servers they should check out. It also kind of implies that we have a strong community through having a lot of servers, so people will be more encouraged to join.
Young Greezy
Young Greezy
Scrim Team Captain
Scrim Team Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonesie|UKCS| 10/6/2010, 15:06

I agree with Greezy! My ex ex ex clan, UKCS, has got LOADS of bloody server.s If you dont beleive me look here:
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/UKCS
They have 6 TF2 servers!

Jonesie|UKCS|
I am banned, sad face! Unban me! I don't deserve it !

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Greezy 10/6/2010, 15:10

No heroes, EGO, the Ville, they all have massive amounts of servers. Just gotta wait and grow the community.
Young Greezy
Young Greezy
Scrim Team Captain
Scrim Team Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonesie|UKCS| 10/6/2010, 15:12

UKCS = MAOR EPIC!
Know why?
You can make anything you want in their, your own teams, doing anything in that community!

Jonesie|UKCS|

Back to top Go down

Post by Eraserhead 10/6/2010, 15:43

Stay on topic please.
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Furgus 10/6/2010, 16:32

Well the new server is up.

This is the ip for it: 68.232.179.2:27015. We already got people playing on it. lol
Furgus
Furgus
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Eraserhead 10/6/2010, 16:33

Sourcebans and Rank are also running. Only have to do some more plugins like rtv.
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nick 10/6/2010, 17:01

things that still need to be installed...(please)?

RTV
10 second respawn(one that doesn't change)
Radio mod?(I like this and is very nice if it doesn't take up much room
Nick
Nick
Clan Recruiter
Clan Recruiter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next