Pulp Fortress forum archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roll the dice and melee mode back on!

+9
Lord Zurkov
Socrates187
Dumpybear
Epps
Nicobbq
Panda
FUBAR
Firestar
Eraserhead
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Roll the dice and melee mode back on! Empty Roll the dice and melee mode back on!

Post by Eraserhead 20/1/2010, 09:40

I have turned roll the dice back on and melee mode as well. Let me or JameLess know if the server crashes while using these plugins.

Here is what i posted in another thread:>

UPDATE: I found out that with updating to the latest soucemod version (thanks to Jameless) the melee plugin no longer crashes the server. So i enabled it and it is also added to the voting menu! I think this option is only available for level2 admins, if so we can make a chat command for it, something like "meleevote".
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

http://www.pulpfortress.com

Back to top Go down

Roll the dice and melee mode back on! Empty Re: Roll the dice and melee mode back on!

Post by Firestar 20/1/2010, 09:44

YaY! Whats melee mode...
Firestar
Firestar

Back to top Go down

Roll the dice and melee mode back on! Empty Re: Roll the dice and melee mode back on!

Post by Eraserhead 20/1/2010, 10:11

It's an admin option (and voting option) that strips all shooting weapons of players so everyone is forced to do melee.
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FUBAR 20/1/2010, 13:17

yeah , can't wait to use the RTD function bounce
FUBAR
FUBAR
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

http://www.pulpfortress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Panda 20/1/2010, 13:28

I hate RTD it's going to fuck with the ranks due to some of the stupid shit you get.
Panda
Panda

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicobbq 20/1/2010, 14:25

Panda wrote:I hate RTD it's going to fuck with the ranks due to some of the stupid shit you get.

I'm not a big fan or RTD either but it brings a new dimension of gameplay so it's welcome Very Happy
Nicobbq
Nicobbq
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Epps 20/1/2010, 14:40

RTD is fun when you're not playing serious, like me :p
But yes, there are some stupid rolls in it.

Hehe... now I can burn players who dominate me without them knowing it was me Twisted Evil
Ignore that angel
Epps
Epps
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!

http://www.epps.nl

Back to top Go down

Post by Dumpybear 20/1/2010, 14:46

YES RTD!!!!!!!!!! THATS WHAT KEPT ME ON THE SERVER FOR HOURS LOL
Japanese emoticon
Dumpybear
Dumpybear
Forgotten
Forgotten

Back to top Go down

Post by Socrates187 20/1/2010, 16:59

omgomggoogm
cat cat cat afro afro afro afro afro duck hunt dog Japanese emoticon lol! Basketball Basketball Basketball alien Very Happy Cool Twisted Evil Suspect What a Face
Socrates187
Socrates187
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Zurkov 20/1/2010, 19:50

There's a reason I don't play card games, and that same reason is why I don't have a hat.
My. Luck. Is. Terrible.
RTD makes it seem like the game plays itself, and you're just along for the ride.
With my luck, I usually enjoy an unusually unpleasant ride.

The problem is that RTD is like random crits on steroids -- if somebody gets a useless crit (or doesn't get a crit at all) then you usually don't notice... you only notice it when one pwns you. RTD is the same way -- even though there are plenty of bad rolls and people get them all the time, you'll only notice the rolls that pwn you.
Crits (and RTD) may be cheap, but they're not cheating -- everyone can get lucky with 'em. However, the difference between random crits and RTD is that crits won't ignore game mechanics.
Wall between you and that toxic Scout? Too bad, you're still dead. Popped your uber? That won't save you from those instant kills. Wonder how that Sniper is overhealed even though they don't have a Medic? Keep wondering while you wait to respawn. At least people don't get 100% crits without that tell-tale Kritz glow around their weapon. Oh, wait.

When you're on a RTD server, it affects you tremendously whether you like it or not.
And I don't.

Last edited by Lord Zurkov on 20/1/2010, 20:04; edited 3 times in total
Lord Zurkov
Lord Zurkov
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicobbq 20/1/2010, 20:02

RTD shouldn't be on all the time, what do you think of that guys. There are times when you wanna play serious TF2. No crazy low grav, noclip, toxic bullcrap lol
Nicobbq
Nicobbq
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Epps 20/1/2010, 20:16

Certain rolls should be off such as noclip and others should be modified/shorter like godmode and toxic.

I must say I got a little pissed from RTD today when we got more serious. I think a voting command for turning RTD on or off would be appreciated by some of us.
Also, I think RTD should be turned off during pugs and scrims, but I think that's something we all agree on.
Epps
Epps
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!

Back to top Go down

Post by jameless 20/1/2010, 20:31

I have created a scrim config file that turns off rtd when the scrim starts. I am also working on a voting module for turning rtd on and off. I am also removing noclip from rtd. Please bear with me as these things take time. I will complete them though.

In time Sgt. I may ask you for some opinions on lengths of certain commands etc for RTD if that's ok with you?
jameless
jameless
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Furgus 20/1/2010, 20:44

Good work James!!!
Furgus
Furgus
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Epps 20/1/2010, 22:15

Give me a list of all rolls and I'm sure me and maybe some others will think about it Smile
Thanks for the effort btw, considering you have a life, work and stuff :p
Epps
Epps
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!

Back to top Go down

Post by Furgus 20/1/2010, 22:18

I lost connection today in the server. It was counting down like usual and then it went back to normal. But out of no where I lost connection. And this happened to other people but they were diconnected. They saw the disconnected countdown.
Furgus
Furgus
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Furgus 20/1/2010, 22:22

Could you add homing rockets?
Furgus
Furgus
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Eraserhead 20/1/2010, 23:02

Good Commands:

* Godmode
* Toxic (Everyone within a certain radius of you dies)
* Buffed Health
* Increased Speed
* Noclip
* Low gravity
* Infinite UberCharge
* Invisibility
* Cloak
* Constant Crits

Bad Commands:

* Explode
* Snail
* Freeze
* Timebomb
* Ignite
* Low Health
* Drug
* Blind
* Stripped Weapons
* Beacon
* Taunt

After a player runs rtd they have to wait a period of time before they can do so again. Everything is configurable. The wait time, the duration of the effect, you can even disable an effect if you wish.

We could increase the period between rolls so there is less rtd acivity during a game.
Jameless, maybe we could also set the plugin to be off by default when starting the server and only to be turned on when players vote for it.

As far as i know you can not set the duration time per type of roll but i would happily stand corrected if Jameless could prove otherwise. You can though change the duration for ALL effects.

About Zurkov's remark regarding toxic players walking behind a wall and killing you:

sm_rtd_distance (275.0) - Death radius for toxic kills. <---- we could change this

About bad rolls:

sm_rtd_chance (0.5) - <0.0-1.0> Change of a good effect. <---- we could change this
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicobbq 20/1/2010, 23:03

I don't know if it's just happening for me but each time i am using rtd my ping goes up to 700 and even more which is unplayable and once the rtd effect is gone, it goes down back to normal. I must say that I had absolutely no fun playing on the server tonight. It was laggy, lost connection to steam and everything.
Nicobbq
Nicobbq
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex 20/1/2010, 23:58

I think that lowering the probability for good rolls would help VERY much. It might not be abused as much. Or it still might.
Alex
Alex
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Eraserhead 21/1/2010, 09:43

nicobbq wrote:I don't know if it's just happening for me but each time i am using rtd my ping goes up to 700 and even more which is unplayable and once the rtd effect is gone, it goes down back to normal. I must say that I had absolutely no fun playing on the server tonight. It was laggy, lost connection to steam and everything.

Jameless told me that after rebooting the lag issues were gone, let us know if you still have any.
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Eraserhead 21/1/2010, 09:44

Alex wrote:I think that lowering the probability for good rolls would help VERY much. It might not be abused as much. Or it still might.

That's an idea. I was thinking of making it higher. Well it's something that you would have to think very carefully about. Noclip had been disabled now. Maybe we should disable some other rolls and change the rollchance in positive or negative direction.
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Epps 21/1/2010, 12:34

Good Commands:

* Godmode, 10 seconds.
* Toxic (Everyone within a certain radius of you dies), 10 seconds with a lower radius.
* Buffed Health, off or less buffed. 2 Rounds of 500 HP is just too much!
* Increased Speed, good as it is.
* Noclip, off.
* Low gravity, 10 seconds, also you become sniper/demo/soldier food with low grav so I would call this a bad roll.
* Infinite UberCharge, shorter or off. Maybe change into full ubercharge if possible?
* Invisibility, shorter or off?
* Cloak, shorter or off?
* Constant Crits, off.

Bad Commands:

* Explode, off.
* Snail, on but can easily be bypassed!
* Freeze, on but shorter. 15 seconds?
* Timebomb, on because it's more fun then explode. Perhaps it should also deal damage to what's around it?
* Ignite, on.
* Low Health, off or some more HP left (30?). 1Hp left is so stupid -.-
* Drug, on because drugs are fun!
* Blind, shorter?
* Stripped Weapons, on.
* Beacon, on.
* Taunt, shorter?

As you can see I think most of the RTD rolls should be shorter so they don't interfere with the game too much. Anyway, these are my opions so I think it should be fair to have others do this as well and see what the community (in other words, the clan) wants.
As for more or less good or bad rolls, I guess it could stay the same if the rolls get adjusted to be a little bit more fair and less 'OMG GODMODE LOLZ! Bottle sentry down, scattergun all snipers lol', if you know what I mean.
Epps
Epps
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Zurkov 21/1/2010, 16:48

For low health, why shouldn't it take away half of the health you've got? (If possible.)

The taunting thing is okay. You can totally cheat out of that by jumping contantly, cloaking, or equipping a weapon without a taunt (sapper, Jarate, build/destroy PDA, Bonk! Atomic Punch).
Lord Zurkov
Lord Zurkov
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jameless 21/1/2010, 16:52

Keep the ideas coming! I have to see what exactly out of all the ideas is possible to configure...but keep the ideas flowing and we'll sort it out at the end.
jameless
jameless
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next