Pulp Fortress forum archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roll the dice and melee mode back on!

+9
Lord Zurkov
Socrates187
Dumpybear
Epps
Nicobbq
Panda
FUBAR
Firestar
Eraserhead
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Roll the dice and melee mode back on! - Page 2 Empty Re: Roll the dice and melee mode back on!

Post by Firestar 21/1/2010, 17:51

In my opinion, this is what should be changed from your list:
Buffed health stays the same as it did before,
Speed changes: off,
Crits: ON DEFINITELY
Invisibility: same as it was before, Idk what cloak is tho...
Ubercharge: off, that's retarded, same as godmode,

Thing is, ignite can be bypassed as pyro, and beacon is only bad when youre a spy....

I like half-health idea, tho.
Firestar
Firestar

Back to top Go down

Roll the dice and melee mode back on! - Page 2 Empty Re: Roll the dice and melee mode back on!

Post by Nicobbq 21/1/2010, 19:15

I have an idea for RTD. Instead of effects, it could only display a word like : rabbit or popsicle or basketball.

This way, it would not affect the gameplay, therefore it would not be a luck game!
Nicobbq
Nicobbq
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Zurkov 21/1/2010, 20:47

Firestar wrote:In my opinion, this is what should be changed from your list:
Buffed health stays the same as it did before,
Speed changes: off,
Crits: ON DEFINITELY
Invisibility: same as it was before, Idk what cloak is tho...
Ubercharge: off, that's retarded, same as godmode,

Thing is, ignite can be bypassed as pyro, and beacon is only bad when youre a spy....

I like half-health idea, tho.
1000 health is a little over the top. Can we make it so it decays like normal overheal?

Cloak is only for Spies, and Ubercharge is only for Medic. It supplies the charge, it doesn't force you to use it.
With cloak, you can turn it off... it just won't run out. With Ubercharge, you're best off popping it immediately for full effect (you and your patient get 20 seconds of uber) or saving the charge until you need it.
Lord Zurkov
Lord Zurkov
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by miht 21/1/2010, 21:12

nicobbq wrote:I have an idea for RTD. Instead of effects, it could only display a word like : rabbit or popsicle or basketball.

This way, it would not affect the gameplay, therefore it would not be a luck game!
That doesn't make sense. + rtd = roll the dice = LUCK.
miht
miht
Junior Game Admin
Junior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicobbq 21/1/2010, 22:28

miht wrote:
nicobbq wrote:I have an idea for RTD. Instead of effects, it could only display a word like : rabbit or popsicle or basketball.

That doesn't make sense. + rtd = roll the dice = LUCK.

In case you don't get it like miht, What i meant by my comment is that I hate RTD because it ruins skills and people rely on it to get cheap kills.
Nicobbq
Nicobbq
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Eraserhead 22/1/2010, 09:57

nicobbq wrote:
In case you don't get it like miht, What i meant by my comment is that I hate RTD because it ruins skills and people rely on it to get cheap kills.

This will always be the main point why some people dislike rtd and other will like it for this reason. It's a question of skill+luck versus skill based playing. But you should take into account:

-cheap kills via good rolls will be compensated by bad rolls
-you can always do votertd to turn it off (providing the majority agrees with you)

Personally i think a lot of people come on orange to have fun and like rtd but i honestly don't know what the majority thinks about it. Thats the beauty of the voting mechanism.
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

http://www.pulpfortress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Epps 22/1/2010, 10:03

I missed RTD but after being killed by people who got godmode, toxic or all crits I started to dislike it. That was after I guess 15 minutes of playing. RTD takes away your 'experience' and replaces it with pure luck and cheap kills. Even cheaper then a sniper who is camping and keeps aiming for the enemy teleporter hoping someone uses it.

So I would vote yes to turn it off :p
Epps
Epps
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!

http://www.epps.nl

Back to top Go down

Post by Eraserhead 22/1/2010, 10:24

We could also turn it off by default on server startup and let people vote to get it on.
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

http://www.pulpfortress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicobbq 22/1/2010, 16:48

Eraserhead wrote:We could also turn it off by default on server startup and let people vote to get it on.

I second that
Nicobbq
Nicobbq
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2