Pulp Fortress forum archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tech news: Firefox 4 beta is out!

3 posters

Go down

Tech news: Firefox 4 beta is out! Empty Tech news: Firefox 4 beta is out!

Post by Epps 7/7/2010, 10:48

Today the public beta of Firefox 4 came out which is great news for every tech junkie. Sure I am a bit of a fanboy when it comes to Firefox (although I admit Chrome is faster and Opera renders better) but hey, this still is big news!

I started off downloading the portable version of the Firefox 4 Beta since it won’t screw up any settings. With it only being 10mb the download completed fast and so did the install, no unwanted toolbars or software, just the program I asked for; Firefox 4. I click on the new Firefox icon and within just a blink of the eye it pops up which fixes the long load time Firefox 2 and 3 where suffering from. However this isn’t the only speed change, browsing is now faster, and by faster I do mean FASTER. Heck, these speeds are insane; I click on an url and within a second the page is fully loaded and rendered beating even Chrome’s insane speeds and Opera’s near perfect rendering!

The third thing I noticed is that Mozilla changed the GUI. Normally this would mean bad news, just look at the MsOffice 2007 Ribbon interface, strangely enough Mozilla proved me that they are absolute geniuses. The new GUI speaks for itself and with just 2 clicks you can switch back to the old GUI which is a nice feature; why force people to use something new?

Now that’s all for now, the more technical story can be found on the Mozilla site and professional reviews are all around the web waiting for you to be read. All I can say is thumbs up and I hope you guys release it soon along with the Firefox Mobile version you have been working on for so many months.

Downloads:
Normal version: http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/4.0b1/releasenotes/
Portable version (wont mess with any current installed version): http://portableapps.com/apps/internet/firefox_portable/test
Epps
Epps
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!

http://www.epps.nl

Back to top Go down

Tech news: Firefox 4 beta is out! Empty Re: Tech news: Firefox 4 beta is out!

Post by LieuTennet 7/7/2010, 11:17

being a chrome fan boy i MIGHT check it out, or just use it on windows 7
LieuTennet
LieuTennet

Back to top Go down

Post by Hoboapple 7/7/2010, 11:30

The only thing keeping me from chrome was that I was an animator and the gif loading is terrible in chrome. It really hurt though how much faster chrome was. However this has made me glad I stayed with firefox, loading is impeccable.
Hoboapple
Hoboapple

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down