Pulp Fortress forum archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thoughts on medic

+3
Google
Epps
+Moo!
7 posters

Go down

Thoughts on medic Empty Thoughts on medic

Post by +Moo! 9/8/2010, 05:01

As you can probably tell +Muu! here dosent get alot of sleep, so... I think on things... Indulge me if you will on some ideas for Medic.

Base changes:
-Needle flight speed; Now while a Medic worth his weight/with competent teamates normally never has to use his Needle gun, EVER, i'm sure anyone agrees the current flight speed of the needles is horrid and feel more like your throwing a wiffle ball at an A10 fighterplane when you do need to defend yourself. I swear half the time when aiming at anyclass other than a heavy or a scoped sniper one simple strafe ruins any chance that your carefully lead needles have any chance to hit as you hurriedly reset your lead on a target.
-Oktoberfest taunt; I feel it should heal a bit more I mean 11hp for a 4 second taunt? I rather regen that. That and it would be nice as a sort of "Oh fuck i'm going to burn/bleed to death because their are no medics/healthkits/competent pyros around" heal, 30hp perhapse?

Weapon Unlocks: Lets face it the medic weapons are sorta bland
-A group heal medigun? I think it would be nice for those little moments when EVERYONE wants a little attention. You would still have your single target heal on one patient and heal them like a normal medigun but as you heal, everyone around the medic gains a more powerful verison to the medic's heal over time (8-14 hp per second? that's one third of a direct heal at freshly wounded and a fifth of the max heal rate for "old wounds") and as an ubercharge maybe a 15% damage reduction for all teamates within buff range.

Thoughts?

P.S. I wont be on TF2 for a while
+Moo!
+Moo!

Back to top Go down

Thoughts on medic Empty Re: Thoughts on medic

Post by Epps 9/8/2010, 05:21

Needle speed; AGREED! Those fuckers are so slow you have to aim a mile in front of a character if you want to hit them. Makes no sense to me why they are so damn slow.
Taunt; AGREED! At least make it 40hp or something so it's worth something...
Group heal; disagreed. The medic already is capable of making a team overpowered on his own so having him heal 2~4 players at the same time only adds to the amount of OP he brings on a team, not too mention group ubers...

Also, vanilla medic > drop medic
Epps
Epps
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!

http://www.epps.nl

Back to top Go down

Post by +Moo! 9/8/2010, 07:59

Sgt Pepper wrote:
Group heal; disagreed. The medic already is capable of making a team overpowered on his own so having him heal 2~4 players at the same time only adds to the amount of OP he brings on a team, not too mention group ubers...

Also, vanilla medic > drop medic

True; The Medic does make a huge fulcrum shift in the tide of gameplay, One Heavy/Medic can steamroll a team if not checked but, I dont think the ablitity to allow players to gain the medic's passive healing is overpowered for the following reasons.

A. it's not a very strong heal through numbers I listed (8 damage being the lowest heal rate and also the same ammount of damage as a long range pistol shot; however now I think on it a bit a group of 3 medics all using this medigun would have the same effect as actively healing someone except for "old wounds" which would require 5 medics using the same gun which is unlikely)
A². A fix to medic clusters could be a medium to small range of effect?
A³. Actually that sounds viable and it would also have a psychological effect of "Oh I better stay with the medic" so Medics dont get abandoned as is the fashion sometimes :/
B. The group heal would never overheal a player unless the Medic actively heals the player
C. It allows medics to focus on particular heal target of intrest while still providing support to teamates in proximity

As for the ubercharge you may be right, though I still like the idea of a mass damage reduction sort of like a reverse Horn of Gondor; yet isnt as devasating as a kritzkreig charge or properly executed uber.

Oh and vanilla Medic Ftfw
+Moo!
+Moo!

Back to top Go down

Post by Google 9/8/2010, 10:37

Needle flight speed: Every class needs a challenge, thus the needle speed is the medic's challenge:
Scout- HP, close ranged
Soldier- Speed
Pyro- Close ranged
Demoman- No direct weapons
Heavy- Slow, slower with minigun spinning
Engie- Vulnerable without sentry
Medic- Weapon speed
Sniper- Far ranged
Spy- HP[idk if there is a downside for the Spy other than that]

Taunt: I agree because after I get raped it takes a while to taunt and get my hp back.

Group heal: That's OP.
Google
Google
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by hyce777 9/8/2010, 15:32

Spy- Weapons can't kill more than 2 people effectively once spotted.

I want a medigun that also buffs the medic. That'd be nice.
hyce777
hyce777
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Epps 9/8/2010, 21:14

hyce777 wrote:Spy- Weapons can't kill more than 2 people effectively once spotted.

I want a medigun that also buffs the medic. That'd be nice.
1) Get Ambassador
2) L2 headshot
3) ???
4) PROFIT!!
Also isn't the Spy supposed to be like that? By the way, you can easily get 5 kills if the other team is moving towards the tower. Stabby stabby stabby and they wont look back n.n
Epps
Epps
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!

http://www.epps.nl

Back to top Go down

Post by hyce777 9/8/2010, 21:25

I know that, but once the enemy team knows whats up you got to be pro with the ambassador to kill multiple people. And yes, that's how the spy is supposed to be.
hyce777
hyce777
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Zurkov 10/8/2010, 01:33

+Moo! wrote:Weapon Unlocks: Lets face it the medic weapons are sorta bland
-A group heal medigun? I think it would be nice for those little moments when EVERYONE wants a little attention. You would still have your single target heal on one patient and heal them like a normal medigun but as you heal, everyone around the medic gains a more powerful verison to the medic's heal over time (8-14 hp per second? that's one third of a direct heal at freshly wounded and a fifth of the max heal rate for "old wounds") and as an ubercharge maybe a 15% damage reduction for all teamates within buff range.

Thoughts?
Alien Swarm did a good job balancing group healing and their version of the medigun.
Lord Zurkov
Lord Zurkov
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Hoboapple 10/8/2010, 02:46

hyce777 wrote:I know that, but once the enemy team knows whats up you got to be pro with the ambassador to kill multiple people. And yes, that's how the spy is supposed to be.
just look at 777
Hoboapple
Hoboapple

Back to top Go down

Post by +Moo! 10/8/2010, 05:52

777 effing' cheats though so that dosent count :U

Ha, I just remebered a game I was playing on the orange server before my decent computer got infected
-"+Moo! you and your bullshit random crits on the ambassador..."
-"Uhh... The ambassador dosent have random crits"
+Moo!
+Moo!

Back to top Go down

Post by Hoboapple 10/8/2010, 16:59

srsly?
Hoboapple
Hoboapple

Back to top Go down

Post by +Moo! 11/8/2010, 07:49

Seriously what?
+Moo!
+Moo!

Back to top Go down

Post by Chucknorris 11/8/2010, 11:29

I think a good mod for the medic would be the ability to have him uber himself for whatever he has developed up to that point in time. The person being healed would not get the uber as well obviously. This would mitigate the risk to the medic from torpedo scouts and rocket jumping soldiers and give the medic class the respect they deserve... Being a career medic the only that that really takes me out is the undefended scout and the rocket jumping soldier...
Chucknorris
Chucknorris

Back to top Go down

Post by Google 11/8/2010, 14:00

Lolno.
Google
Google
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Hoboapple 11/8/2010, 20:38

777 cheats? it all makes sense now
Hoboapple
Hoboapple

Back to top Go down

Post by Google 11/8/2010, 20:46

He's lucky.
Google
Google
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Hoboapple 11/8/2010, 22:00

he's a beast
Hoboapple
Hoboapple

Back to top Go down

Post by Chucknorris 13/8/2010, 10:13

another option would be to bring back the infect option with medic when enemy touches them similar to effects of the engie wrench like southern hospitality...
Chucknorris
Chucknorris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down